New GK

541 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: New GK

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Aug 2023 13:55

Snowflake Royal
Stranded Mail's Midlands football correspondent, Tom Collomosse reporting Button is done and will be confirmed once (or if) the embargo is lifted.

I know he has become a bit of a joke but he is confident with the ball at his feet, which is key in the way Selles plays and has 330 apps over his career at all levels - so he can't be that bad.

It can. Because it means Holmes, McIntyre, Yiadom, NGW and Mbengue willbe passing the ball around their own box under pressure.

And we all know how that goes.

Give me Bouzanis hoofing it badly every day of the week.

Bouzanis was trying to pass it around on Saturday. It was terrifying.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Aug 2023 15:39

Pepe the Horseman
Snowflake Royal
Stranded Mail's Midlands football correspondent, Tom Collomosse reporting Button is done and will be confirmed once (or if) the embargo is lifted.

I know he has become a bit of a joke but he is confident with the ball at his feet, which is key in the way Selles plays and has 330 apps over his career at all levels - so he can't be that bad.

It can. Because it means Holmes, McIntyre, Yiadom, NGW and Mbengue willbe passing the ball around their own box under pressure.

Used to that though after 2 seasons watching Ince and Paunovic teams playing.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Aug 2023 18:43

Sutekh
Pepe the Horseman
Snowflake Royal It can. Because it means Holmes, McIntyre, Yiadom, NGW and Mbengue willbe passing the ball around their own box under pressure.

Not quite, unless you count 60 yard aimless hoofs in the vague direction of Carroll as an attempted pass

We really have suffered both ends of the spectrum possession wise in recent years

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Aug 2023 18:46

URZZZZ
Sutekh
Pepe the Horseman Bouzanis was trying to pass it around on Saturday. It was terrifying.

Not quite, unless you count 60 yard aimless hoofs in the vague direction of Carroll as an attempted pass

We really have suffered both ends of the spectrum possession wise in recent years

Paunovic to a lesser extent, Ince to a greater certainly weren’t pass it out managers. Nor was Bowen.

It's back to the likes of Stam and Gomes for that utter dross.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Aug 2023 09:24

Seems to be a bit of a random rumour brewing that Alex McCarthy may find his way back to us.

Saints appear to be bringing in Joe Lumley, assume as #2 as Martin doesn't rate McCarthy and will likely let him leave.

Probably very much a 2+2 state of affairs at this point but wouldn't be unhappy if that happened.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 04 Aug 2023 09:33

Stranded Seems to be a bit of a random rumour brewing that Alex McCarthy may find his way back to us.

Saints appear to be bringing in Joe Lumley, assume as #2 as Martin doesn't rate McCarthy and will likely let him leave.

Probably very much a 2+2 state of affairs at this point but wouldn't be unhappy if that happened.

yes fcuking please, probably got another 5 years in him. For a league one club it would be a ridiculously good signing. but as you say it seems a 2+2 scenario. lets see

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Aug 2023 09:37

Brogue
Stranded Seems to be a bit of a random rumour brewing that Alex McCarthy may find his way back to us.

yes fcuking please, probably got another 5 years in him. For a league one club it would be a ridiculously good signing. but as you say it seems a 2+2 scenario. lets see

Agree with both points above.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Aug 2023 09:40

Brogue

Well if you aren't confirming it, then there is clearly no chance :wink:

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 04 Aug 2023 09:42

Stranded
Brogue

It's not one that's hit my radar thus far,no. I need to make some calls...

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Aug 2023 09:43

Brogue
Stranded
Brogue

Understood. Holding fire for now.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Aug 2023 09:59

Stranded
Brogue
Stranded

**** me, Martin really must be hopeless if he rates Lumley over McCarthy.

Fingers crossed on this one that's or sure.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Aug 2023 10:01

Lumley is a weird one for Saints. Martin will have him passing it around and I believe that’s what got him into all sorts of trouble at middlesboro. Reason he was solid for us is Ince didn’t ask him to do that

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Aug 2023 10:03

Hound Lumley is a weird one for Saints. Martin will have him passing it around and I believe that’s what got him into all sorts of trouble at middlesboro. Reason he was solid for us is Ince didn’t ask him to do that

No way he starts, Bazunu is rightly #1 there so Lumley coming in to take the #2 slot of McCarthy - though the rumour (weak as it is at this stage) seemed to take hold before it was announced Lumley was going there.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 04 Aug 2023 10:15

Definitely a 2+2 rumour - has a reputable source reported it? And yes, no idea how Soton view Lumley as an upgrade on McCarthy. Could it actually be the inverse and respect for the player? He's too good to be a Championship no.2, so signing Lumley frees him up to seek a better opportunity?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Aug 2023 10:44

Stranded
Hound Lumley is a weird one for Saints. Martin will have him passing it around and I believe that’s what got him into all sorts of trouble at middlesboro. Reason he was solid for us is Ince didn’t ask him to do that

No way he starts, Bazunu is rightly #1 there so Lumley coming in to take the #2 slot of McCarthy - though the rumour (weak as it is at this stage) seemed to take hold before it was announced Lumley was going there.

Yeah he won’t start but just seems totally the wrong keeper for Martin

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Aug 2023 11:00

Hound
Stranded

Yeah he won’t start but just seems totally the wrong keeper for Martin

Agreed but imagine this is a case of him simply not rating McCarthy at all and not wanting to blow much budget on a new #2.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 04 Aug 2023 11:07

McCarthy would be great, much prefer him to David Button

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 04 Aug 2023 12:18

Stranded
Brogue
Stranded

It's not one that's hit my radar thus far,no. I need to check Twitter...

scumbag

by scumbag » 05 Aug 2023 14:23

Joel Pereira according to Dellor. Ex Man Utd

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 05 Aug 2023 14:29

scumbag Joel Pereira according to Dellor. Ex Man Utd

Yep, signing on Monday. I am really glad that it’s not Button.

541 posts