New GK

541 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: New GK

by paultheroyal » 17 Jul 2023 11:47

Lumley is a no brainer. Proven at Championship, so clearly good for League One, connects with fans, which is a key factor in current times. Hope he signs.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Jul 2023 12:38

Thing is, we have a highly rated keeper on the books in CBC and a full International with lower league experience in Jokul. We've got to give them a chance at some point. I just dont see the point in bringing in another keeper with Bouzanis also on the books.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 17 Jul 2023 16:12

I'd like to see CBC play 10-15 games this season, make him our keeper for cup games.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Jul 2023 16:14

Royal_jimmy I'd like to see CBC play 10-15 games this season, make him our keeper for cup games.

Fcuk me you're ambitions if you think we are going to get 10-15 cup games.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Jul 2023 16:16

NathStPaul
Royal_jimmy I'd like to see CBC play 10-15 games this season, make him our keeper for cup games.

:lol:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Jul 2023 16:32

NathStPaul

Always looking on the positive side, that's our Jimmy.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 17 Jul 2023 16:53

NathStPaul

We'll have 8 games in the EFL Trophy; 7 in the League Cup and 8-12 in the FA Cup in our quadruple winning season. He'll have plenty of opportunities to play. :lol:

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 17 Jul 2023 16:58

From Despair To Where? Thing is, we have a highly rated keeper on the books in CBC and a full International with lower league experience in Jokul. We've got to give them a chance at some point. I just dont see the point in bringing in another keeper with Bouzanis also on the books.

I suppose it depends on when the club see them as ready, or if they ever will be for us. Seemed fairly clear that from the Huddersfield game, CBC needs a loan somewhere. Seems like he does have the attributes to be a good keeper, he's just inexperienced and not ready yet.

If he still needs another year or two, then I see no issues with offering Lumley a couple of years and then integrating CBC on expiry of Lumley's contract for example. Also absolutely no reason why he can't force his way into the team during that time either, if he's ready.

Obviously it would be a real waste of resource to be bringing in a goalkeeper if we have an academy product who is ready and I don't think our team behind the scenes would sanction that.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Jul 2023 14:36

Karl Hein on loan again maybe (should the club ever be able to trade again that is)?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Aug 2023 10:49

Mail's Midlands football correspondent, Tom Collomosse reporting Button is done and will be confirmed once (or if) the embargo is lifted.

I know he has become a bit of a joke but he is confident with the ball at his feet, which is key in the way Selles plays and has 330 apps over his career at all levels - so he can't be that bad.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 01 Aug 2023 11:22

Stranded Mail's Midlands football correspondent, Tom Collomosse reporting Button is done and will be confirmed once (or if) the embargo is lifted.

I know he has become a bit of a joke but he is confident with the ball at his feet, which is key in the way Selles plays and has 330 apps over his career at all levels - so he can't be that bad.

It all seems pie in the sky if the tax bill isn’t paid. The club have started tweeting again today so maybe there’s some better news to come.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Aug 2023 11:32

blythspartan
Stranded Mail's Midlands football correspondent, Tom Collomosse reporting Button is done and will be confirmed once (or if) the embargo is lifted.

It all seems pie in the sky if the tax bill isn’t paid. The club have started tweeting again today so maybe there’s some better news to come.

It will be paid by someone at some point, else we simply won't have a club but the as and whens are open to question.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 01 Aug 2023 11:46

Stranded
blythspartan

It will be paid by someone at some point, else we simply won't have a club but the as and whens are open to question.

You’d think with the purple turtle event going ahead some good news is fairly imminent. Otherwise, I believe it would have been cancelled.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Aug 2023 12:18

NathStPaul

Incl. the B&B Cup?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Aug 2023 12:19

blythspartan
Stranded
blythspartan

You’d think with the purple turtle event going ahead some good news is fairly imminent. Otherwise, I believe it would have been cancelled.

Hope the PT was paid in advance.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Aug 2023 12:33

It can. Because it means Holmes, McIntyre, Yiadom, NGW and Mbengue willbe passing the ball around their own box under pressure.

And we all know how that goes.

Give me Bouzanis hoofing it badly every day of the week.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Aug 2023 12:37

Snowflake Royal

It can. Because it means Holmes, McIntyre, Yiadom, NGW and Mbengue willbe passing the ball around their own box under pressure.

Kind of agree I’d rather not us try to play too much in our own area - but would be interested how many goals that type of play has cost us over the last few years. Can’t think of many tbh

If he is good at collecting crosses that would be top of my list

He was a decent keeper for Brentford and Fulham, clearly had a shocker last year but otherwise can’t quite see where the bad rep has come from

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Aug 2023 12:56

Hound
Snowflake Royal

Kind of agree I’d rather not us try to play too much in our own area - but would be interested how many goals that type of play has cost us over the last few years. Can’t think of many tbh

He was a decent keeper for Brentford and Fulham, clearly had a shocker last year but otherwise can’t quite see where the bad rep has come from

Two in two from CBC games.

Mannone to Rino under pressure about 3 seasons ago iirc
Same for Drinkwater a year or two later.

I don't know about goals, but it's created more chances for the opposition than us.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Aug 2023 13:01

Snowflake Royal
Hound
Snowflake Royal It can. Because it means Holmes, McIntyre, Yiadom, NGW and Mbengue willbe passing the ball around their own box under pressure.

I don't know about goals, but it's created more chances for the opposition than us.

Those cbc ones - yes but they were both massive individual errors from an inexperienced gk

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Aug 2023 13:05

Hound
Snowflake Royal
Hound

Those cbc ones - yes but they were both massive individual errors from an inexperienced gk

Recency bias.

As much as I'd quite like to see some actual numbers to challenge my very obvious bias, I'm not sad enough to watch several seasons worth of highlights to work it out. Especially with truncated build up.

So we'll just have to assume I'm right. :wink:

541 posts