Another Centre Back linked- Naby Sarr

166 posts
Linden Jones' Tash

Re: Another Centre Back linked- Naby Sarr

by Linden Jones' Tash » 12 Jun 2023 07:08

Given this one came out of left field, doesn't it just show noone knows anything?

There used to be a few ITK posters on here and other social media, but no more, it seems.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 12 Jun 2023 07:40

This came out of the blue. The club hasn't confirmed he's departed though. Can't say I am disappointed. He wasn't the right fit here.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 12 Jun 2023 07:45

Sutekh
Winston Biscuit Joins Al-Markhiya in the Qatari league

Hoping it's true as he was largely useless during his stay and fairly sure we've got more than enough "iffy" defenders already.

https://almarkhiyasc.qa/%D9%86%D8%A7%D8 ... %A7%D8%B1/

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 12 Jun 2023 07:53

Snowflake Royal
tidus_mi2 Makes me wonder who is making the decisions, you'd think the club might wait on contracted player outgoings until the manager is in place, unless we do have a manager in place who has decided he doesn't want Naby Sarr.

Well whatever, he's gone.

Bowen and his team whose job is to make these decisions. Transfers hasn't been the manager's direct responsibility for decades.

Can't say I'm very sorry to see Sarr go. He was pretty rubbish, but should have been able to be solid in the League One

Hopefully a sign we're confident in keeping Holmes and McIntyre and signing Mbengue, plus the quality of Dorsett, Abbey et al coming through.

Assuming I'm not missing a joke here.

Yes I think the issue was that when he played with Holmes, neither had any pace. Not a great loss if we can replace with someone who does

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Jun 2023 08:05

Notts Royal
Snowflake Royal
tidus_mi2 Makes me wonder who is making the decisions, you'd think the club might wait on contracted player outgoings until the manager is in place, unless we do have a manager in place who has decided he doesn't want Naby Sarr.

Well whatever, he's gone.

Bowen and his team whose job is to make these decisions. Transfers hasn't been the manager's direct responsibility for decades.

Can't say I'm very sorry to see Sarr go. He was pretty rubbish, but should have been able to be solid in the League One

Hopefully a sign we're confident in keeping Holmes and McIntyre and signing Mbengue, plus the quality of Dorsett, Abbey et al coming through.

Assuming I'm not missing a joke here.

Yes I think the issue was that when he played with Holmes, neither had any pace. Not a great loss if we can replace with someone who does

I may have said something about pace at centreback one or twice last season. :lol:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 12 Jun 2023 08:59

Maybe the club will announce this today, but don`t hold your breath.

traff

by traff » 12 Jun 2023 09:27

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 12 Jun 2023 09:43

I hope that’s the last Sarr we ever sign

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 12 Jun 2023 09:44

I was happy to give the club the benefit of the doubt as it seems to have come through very late yesterday, however they really need to be making an early announcement today on socials.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Jun 2023 09:51

maffff
Sutekh
Winston Biscuit Joins Al-Markhiya in the Qatari league

Hoping it's true as he was largely useless during his stay and fairly sure we've got more than enough "iffy" defenders already.

https://almarkhiyasc.qa/%D9%86%D8%A7%D8 ... %A7%D8%B1/

Thanks, excellent spot!

The translated text says

"Our club officially contracted this evening with defender Muhammadu Nabi Sarr (29 years old) for a period of two seasons, coming from the English club Reading The signing of the contract with the French defender of Senegalese origin was witnessed by Eng. Khaled Al-Kubaisi, Vice President of the club, Mr. Misfer Al-Mesaifri, General Manager of the club, and Mr. Hussein Thani Al-Kubaisi, Head of the Football Authority. Sarr played for Huddersfield Town in the English Premier League and French club Red Star. Our club seeks to strengthen the team's ranks with a number of professional players and citizens in coordination with the technical staff, after signing with English coach Anthony Hudson and Gambian striker Youssufah Nji. The management of our club seeks to close the file of professional players and citizens before the preparatory camp in preparation for the new season."

No doubt an excellent opportunity for the player financially too!

Wonder how much Reading got as a transfer fee or did they just agree to cancel his contract?

Anfield Royal

by Anfield Royal » 12 Jun 2023 12:09

Another player who had a ridiculously cheap release clause.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 12 Jun 2023 12:11

Anfield Royal Another player who had a ridiculously cheap release clause.

How do you know? i fucking love the guesswork on here.

Anfield Royal

by Anfield Royal » 12 Jun 2023 12:12

windermereROYAL

How do you know? i fucking love the guesswork on here.

Not guess work. I'll look for the article if I find time at lunch.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 12 Jun 2023 12:13

define ridiculously cheap? not seen a figure yet banded about, but considering he was on a free, any sort of figure is a win. Not to mention it was probably the only way to sign these players last season. It's actually very good business, as with ince seemingly, it's getting players off the wage bill. leaving whatever manager who is coming in a blank canvas to start again and freedom to bring his own players in.

Anfield Royal

by Anfield Royal » 12 Jun 2023 12:19

Brogue

define ridiculously cheap? not seen a figure yet banded about, but considering he was on a free, any sort of figure is a win. Not to mention it was probably the only way to sign these players last season. It's actually very good business, as with ince seemingly, it's getting players off the wage bill. leaving whatever manager who is coming in a blank canvas to start again and freedom to bring his own players in.

I'd say ridiculously cheap being similar to Ince @ £50k. I'll try and look on my lunch for the article. They said release clause was triggered. Seems anyone who agreed deals over the last 12 or so months added very low release clauses that can be triggered upon relegation.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 12 Jun 2023 12:41

Guess cheap release clauses were at the players insistence otherwise we wouldn't have been able to sign them to what was/is a poorly run club on a downward spiral on wages which were capped due to the embargo/EFL restraints.

On Strings

by On Strings » 12 Jun 2023 12:51

Forbury Lion Guess cheap release clauses were at the players insistence otherwise we wouldn't have been able to sign them to what was/is a poorly run club on a downward spiral on wages which were capped due to the embargo/EFL restraints.

Exactly.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Jun 2023 13:54

Now being reported in the Chronic but with just about the same level of information. They also called him dependable and reliable in the second half of the season :lol:

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1184028331?-1 ... entral_top

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 12 Jun 2023 14:04

The club doesn't announce it lol

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jun 2023 14:33

Might not be officially done tbf

166 posts