Another Centre Back linked- Naby Sarr

166 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Another Centre Back linked- Naby Sarr

by WestYorksRoyal » 12 Jun 2023 14:38

Hound Might not be officially done tbf

He's posing with the shirt. How long did it take us to sign him after the same stage? A month?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 12 Jun 2023 14:39

it's on their official website with him holding the shirt, not sure how much more 'done' it can be

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jun 2023 14:40

Brogue

it's on their official website with him holding the shirt, not sure how much more 'done' it can be

When it’s on our site I guess

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Jun 2023 14:53

Sutekh Now being reported in the Chronic but with just about the same level of information. They also called him dependable and reliable in the second half of the season :lol:

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1184028331?-1 ... entral_top

Didn’t know ptr was moonlighting for the Chronic

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 12 Jun 2023 15:10

He's posted on Instagram too now. What's more believable; he and his new club are confirming too soon, or we are making a mess of out communications?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Jun 2023 15:27

Not overly upset by this news, tbh. I thought he'd be better than he proved to be and is eminemtly replaceable without busting our balls too much about it.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 12 Jun 2023 15:45

Sarr was pretty shit tbh

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 12 Jun 2023 15:53

i don't care what anyone says its poor form from the club to not have announced this yet considering that the other team have plus the player on instgram.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 12 Jun 2023 16:04

Brogue i don't care what anyone says its poor form from the club to not have announced this yet considering that the other team have plus the player on instgram.

yes we're a fcuking shambles. Bowen has to get a grip on it.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Jun 2023 18:27

WestYorksRoyal He's posted on Instagram too now. What's more believable; he and his new club are confirming too soon, or we are making a mess of out communications?

Remember it's par for the course at Reading, this is the club that doesn't even post information about Academy games so making an absolute shambles of general communications should hardly be a surprise to anyone.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 12 Jun 2023 18:59

Can't say I'll miss him. He wasn't atrocious but was pretty poor really. A couple of good games in his time, but mainly poor ones with errors littered when he was playing as well. I've never known a CB as tall as him get done in the air as much, especially by forwards who are considerably smaller in size as well.

It wouldn't surprise me if this was another case similar to Tom Ince, where a small release clause was in his contract. Obviously whatever fee we've taken (if any) can be useful I guess.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Jun 2023 19:55

leon
Brogue i don't care what anyone says its poor form from the club to not have announced this yet considering that the other team have plus the player on instgram.

yes we're a fcuking shambles. Bowen has to get a grip on it.
how much more time before he actually gets a grip?

Shrewd or shit?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 12 Jun 2023 20:17

I am genuinely happy to see the back of Sarr. He's past it, lots of mistakes in him, didn't offer any aerial threat on the opposition goal and thought offering him a 4 year deal was a mistake. We will need to bring a centre back in this transfer window now but that means it allows whoever who comes in as manager to have a say on that player depending on what style of play he wants to implement.

I want more than McIntyre, Mbengue, Holmes and Dorsett. We are need some experience in there, a steady eddie kind of defender.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 12 Jun 2023 20:21

We have been linked with Pennington from Shrewsbury (I'm also "expecting" us to be linked with Luke Leahy at some point as well tbh).

To be quite honest though, those 4 CB's I don't see much issue with, especially when we have Hutchinson who might be able to play a role if he can stay fit. If not, he's one I consider a leader, you can see it on the field and I'd bet he's one off it as well so he'd be a good voice to have in the background as well.

The only one I have reservations about is Dorsett just due to not seeing a great deal of him recently at Kilmarnock. But by all accounts he was fantastic at Rochdale a couple of seasons ago and the club must have confidence in him if he got a new deal. No issues with us signing another CB, but I won't be upset if we don't either.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Jun 2023 22:24

Royal_jimmy I am genuinely happy to see the back of Sarr. He's past it, lots of mistakes in him, didn't offer any aerial threat on the opposition goal and thought offering him a 4 year deal was a mistake. We will need to bring a centre back in this transfer window now but that means it allows whoever who comes in as manager to have a say on that player depending on what style of play he wants to implement.

I want more than McIntyre, Mbengue, Holmes and Dorsett. We are need some experience in there, a steady eddie kind of defender.

Holmes has almost 100 Championship appearances. He IS experienced.

There's also the never fit Hutchinson who has a wealth of experience.

I'd like another CB with pace. Then we have (hopefully) one of them and Mbengue, paired with one of McIntyre and Holmes. But even without, if Mbengue signs we've got good options.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jun 2023 14:08

On the official now about Sarr and as predicted it hasn’t actually completed yet and the pics etc are before it’s all formally done from the sound of it

They don’t sound delighted by it, and was a release clause

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 13 Jun 2023 17:02

Sounds like he didn't even inform the club. Pretty poor really. We've recruited some players with rancid attitudes for the past 6 years.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 13 Jun 2023 17:21

I’m glad he’s gone tbh. One of the worst central defenders to ever pull on a Reading shirt and a huge disappointment. He had no positional sense whatsoever and jumped like he was barely 5 feet.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jun 2023 19:09

So shit attitude, shit performance, shit ability.

Good riddance.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 13 Jun 2023 19:23

Agree with everyone won’t be missed. Can’t believe he had a relegation clause he was no where near championship standerd

166 posts