Another Centre Back linked- Naby Sarr

166 posts
The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Another Centre Back linked- Naby Sarr

by The Royal Forester » 13 Jun 2023 20:34

Could the relegation clauses in these contracts have had a detrimental effect on some of the players performances at the end of the season? It would/will be interesting to see how many of them who had the clause were "injured" or lacked effort because of the "Well. I won't be next season, anyway" attitude.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Jun 2023 22:30

Jackson Corner Agree with everyone won’t be missed. Can’t believe he had a relegation clause he was no where near championship standerd

Maybe we put it in :wink:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Jun 2023 08:14

The Royal Forester Could the relegation clauses in these contracts have had a detrimental effect on some of the players performances at the end of the season? It would/will be interesting to see how many of them who had the clause were "injured" or lacked effort because of the "Well. I won't be next season, anyway" attitude.

Would be hard to give a proper view on the mindset of each individual but it really wouldn't surprise me. No professional wants a relegation on their CV but all can say - we did enough on the pitch to stay up in trying circumstances, the club fcuked us over and be instructing their agent to start circulating that they can leave for nothing/small fee in the summer.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 14 Jun 2023 08:45

The Royal Forester Could the relegation clauses in these contracts have had a detrimental effect on some of the players performances at the end of the season? It would/will be interesting to see how many of them who had the clause were "injured" or lacked effort because of the "Well. I won't be next season, anyway" attitude.

Yeah there is probably something in that with some players, like Joao. I can't say it will speak for every player, but knowing that we were relegated, players won't have been wanting to be involved so that they don't pick up an unfortunate injury that would be detrimental to their chances of moving this summer.

Once we were relegated though, I wasn't all that bothered who stayed or who leaves, it's the rebuild over this summer which is important but who knows how that looks given the rumours at the moment.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 14 Jun 2023 16:48

WestYorksRoyal
Hound Might not be officially done tbf

He's posing with the shirt. How long did it take us to sign him after the same stage? A month?

I’m not sure whether you heard about it at the time, but we were under a transfer embargo which meant that the EFL had to agree any signings.

HTH

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 14 Jun 2023 16:51

YorkshireRoyal99

Yeah there is probably something in that with some players, like Joao. I can't say it will speak for every player, but knowing that we were relegated, players won't have been wanting to be involved so that they don't pick up an unfortunate injury that would be detrimental to their chances of moving this summer.

Once we were relegated though, I wasn't all that bothered who stayed or who leaves, it's the rebuild over this summer which is important but who knows how that looks given the rumours at the moment.

Joao definitely had a relegation clause. - as in “Stay up and I might think about signing a new contract. Go down and I’m off”

166 posts