Tyrese Fornah

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Tyrese Fornah

by URZZZZ » 30 Apr 2023 22:40

Snowflake Royal Was a bit of a weird one at the end of the Wigan game. Last player going round the South and East clapping the fans. Thumped his chest a few times around the badge. Not what I'd expect from a loanee in and out of the side after a disappointing draw with the bottom of the table side in the last home game of the season, all but relegating the club.

I think Fornah has a lot of potential, I quite like the way he plays. But to get there he really needs to cut out the errors. Seems to have done ok in L1 with Plymouth and Shrewsbury, and over 80% pass success with us. Not completely sure where his best position is. Not LW for certain. Not DM, but possibly left side of a three man midfield if there's someone else covering the wing. Possibly in a two man central midfield.

He seems the most realistic of the four. We're unlikely to get anywhere with Casadei. Hendrick should be avoided. Loum plays too high risk for DM and his errors often seem to be down to stupidity.

He’s the last one I’d bring back. Others at least have a defined position and play style (open goal for your Hendrick criticism here). Although Casadei would be the only one I’d personally bring back (and he won’t join a L1 team)

Bored senseless of players like him without a proper position. Aluko, P.Clement, Loader, Barrett, Ejaria (sorry Hound :) ), Boye, Semedo, Dele-Bashiru, Halilovic and now Fornah in recent years. None have delivered really (Ejaria being the closest but for 3 million - no chance)

Lot easier playing players with an actual defined position who give a clear and positive contribution to the team. Midfielders in midfield. Wingers out wide and not makeshift attacking midfielders. The last time we tried that we ended up 3rd and yet we constantly shoehorn random players into the team. The output is clear. It doesn’t work

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 May 2023 08:19

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal Was a bit of a weird one at the end of the Wigan game. Last player going round the South and East clapping the fans. Thumped his chest a few times around the badge. Not what I'd expect from a loanee in and out of the side after a disappointing draw with the bottom of the table side in the last home game of the season, all but relegating the club.

I think Fornah has a lot of potential, I quite like the way he plays. But to get there he really needs to cut out the errors. Seems to have done ok in L1 with Plymouth and Shrewsbury, and over 80% pass success with us. Not completely sure where his best position is. Not LW for certain. Not DM, but possibly left side of a three man midfield if there's someone else covering the wing. Possibly in a two man central midfield.

He seems the most realistic of the four. We're unlikely to get anywhere with Casadei. Hendrick should be avoided. Loum plays too high risk for DM and his errors often seem to be down to stupidity.

He’s the last one I’d bring back. Others at least have a defined position and play style (open goal for your Hendrick criticism here). Although Casadei would be the only one I’d personally bring back (and he won’t join a L1 team)

Bored senseless of players like him without a proper position. Aluko, P.Clement, Loader, Barrett, Ejaria (sorry Hound :) ), Boye, Semedo, Dele-Bashiru, Halilovic and now Fornah in recent years. None have delivered really (Ejaria being the closest but for 3 million - no chance)

Lot easier playing players with an actual defined position who give a clear and positive contribution to the team. Midfielders in midfield. Wingers out wide and not makeshift attacking midfielders. The last time we tried that we ended up 3rd and yet we constantly shoehorn random players into the team. The output is clear. It doesn’t work

To be fair to these players though it would have helped if the apparent idiots that the club had been employing to manage itself had a clue and clear plan, and built a team around that clear plan rather than just hoovering up random names because they once had a good game somewhere or because they just need the cover due to the utterly unbelievable run of injuries that has bedevilled the club for the last 2 years or more.

Seems to me since Adkins that club has just largely just had a reactive management that worries about the opposition and just sets up to counter whatever they might do rather than building a proper team and have the opposition worry about Reading. While Stam was an exception to that the football was dreadful to watch and turned out to be a total footballing cul de sac as he was clueless about developing it as other teams sussed it.

Actually looking forward to division 3 and being a bigger fish and having a team that might actually win a game every so often. Just need to find a manager who knows what he is doing, has that "plan" and is clever in his game plans and has tactical nous.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 May 2023 08:34

Sutekh
URZZZZ

To be fair to these players though it would have helped if the apparent idiots that the club had been employing to manage itself had a clue and clear plan, and built a team around that clear plan rather than just hoovering up random names because they once had a good game somewhere or because they just need the cover due to the utterly unbelievable run of injuries that has bedevilled the club for the last 2 years or more.

Seems to me since Adkins that club has just largely just had a reactive management that worries about the opposition and just sets up to counter whatever they might do rather than building a proper team and have the opposition worry about Reading. While Stam was an exception to that the football was dreadful to watch and turned out to be a total footballing cul de sac as he was clueless about developing it as other teams sussed it.

Actually looking forward to division 3 and being a bigger fish and having a team that might actually win a game every so often. Just need to find a manager who knows what he is doing, has that "plan" and is clever in his game plans and has tactical nous.

Yeah agree it’s been largely the manager’s fault. Know what you mean and there are some players in there who certainly don’t seem to have an obvious position - but surely Loader was a CF, Ejaria originally an AM, Aluko an AM, Boye a winger, Semedo an AM.

We seem stuck with managers who have tried to force them into a formation that doesn’t suit, or don’t give them time to develop without chopping and changing and hoping something sticks

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 01 May 2023 11:02

Fornah's best position is in CM and has the legs to go box to box for me. Decent enough with the ball, he keeps it simple and keeps it ticking nicely. He doesn't get that many goals but I could see him working in a 2 or a 3 in the midfield in League One. I've just been disappointed with him since the World Cup break. If he was already our player, I'd say a step down would be good for him again, although I'm not so sure I'd be willing to pay a fee to get him, especially at what is quoted.

Largely agree with players playing in their best/most defined position, the only thing I would say is that players do need to be flexible. It isn't a problem trying to find new areas where players can shine and for a lot of the bad ones, there have been some successes as well. Yiadom has done ok at RCB in a 3 this season, for example. Tom Ince is traditionally a winger, but has been one of our better players when playing a a 10 etc. But I do agree in the main, let's look for wingers who are actually wingers. Not just players who are tidy on the ball but fail to deliver. One of my first priorities this summer would be to get a winger (or two) with pace and is direct.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 May 2023 13:16

Utility players are very useful, Hoilett and Yiadom and to a lesser extent McIntyre's versatility is invaluable. Fornah's just not one of them and needs to play CM.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 May 2023 13:24

YorkshireRoyal99 Fornah's best position is in CM and has the legs to go box to box for me. Decent enough with the ball, he keeps it simple and keeps it ticking nicely. He doesn't get that many goals but I could see him working in a 2 or a 3 in the midfield in League One. I've just been disappointed with him since the World Cup break. If he was already our player, I'd say a step down would be good for him again, although I'm not so sure I'd be willing to pay a fee to get him, especially at what is quoted.

Largely agree with players playing in their best/most defined position, the only thing I would say is that players do need to be flexible. It isn't a problem trying to find new areas where players can shine and for a lot of the bad ones, there have been some successes as well. Yiadom has done ok at RCB in a 3 this season, for example. Tom Ince is traditionally a winger, but has been one of our better players when playing a a 10 etc. But I do agree in the main, let's look for wingers who are actually wingers. Not just players who are tidy on the ball but fail to deliver. One of my first priorities this summer would be to get a winger (or two) with pace and is direct.

Anyone able to clone Michael Gilkes?

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 01 May 2023 21:28

Would definitely take him on a second loan with the view for a permanent deal next season if he wants to come. The potential is there, either grows with us or sell for a profit.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 May 2023 13:44

Fornah excelled in L1 as a defensive midfielder - would expect him to excel there again if we drop and we sign him. Would be a good signing - if brought in with a proper plan for him in mind.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 03 May 2023 18:19

URZZZZ

All those players have one thing in common - they're basically attacking midfielders who had to compete with John Swift. Boye (still not sure whether he was supposed to be a winger, striker, or #10) and Fornah himself the exceptions.

Fornah has been playing wide because we have too many injuries to our wingers. Most of the season he's been playing as a central midfielder and we haven't been using wingers.

Actually think Ejaria defined himself pretty well as a left winger. And of course you could level the same accusation at Olise. Contrastingly Ince has been a winger his whole career and this season has been our best player in a central role.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 05 May 2023 01:07

SCIAG
URZZZZ

Fornah might be up to it in league one

All those players have one thing in common - they're basically attacking midfielders who had to compete with John Swift. Boye (still not sure whether he was supposed to be a winger, striker, or #10) and Fornah himself the exceptions.

Fornah has been playing wide because we have too many injuries to our wingers. Most of the season he's been playing as a central midfielder and we haven't been using wingers.

Actually think Ejaria defined himself pretty well as a left winger. And of course you could level the same accusation at Olise. Contrastingly Ince has been a winger his whole career and this season has been our best player in a central role.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 May 2023 22:57

Fornah would be quality in league one. Hope we try an get him back.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 13 May 2023 01:03

CountryRoyal Fornah would be quality in league one. Hope we try an get him back.

I read somewhere he was one of the group of players who refused to play in the last game? If so, he can do one for lack of commitment. If untrue then yes, i would sign him :D

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 May 2023 07:25

SCIAG
URZZZZ

What wingers? The young wingers that largely were never in the squad or the one wide player forced to play at right back in the “great Ince masterplan”.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 May 2023 15:36

Sutekh
SCIAG
URZZZZ

What wingers? The young wingers that largely were never in the squad or the one wide player forced to play at right back in the “great Ince masterplan”.

Hoilett, Ince, Meite, and Azeez. If we’d had Rahman and NGW fit at the same time then one of them would also be an option.

Fornah only played wide under Hunt, as far as I can recall. Ince was using him as a central midfielder.

I don’t think Ince ever used Hoilett in a back four, for that matter. He was playing wing back.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 15 May 2023 17:49

SCIAG
Sutekh
SCIAG All those players have one thing in common - they're basically attacking midfielders who had to compete with John Swift. Boye (still not sure whether he was supposed to be a winger, striker, or #10) and Fornah himself the exceptions.

Hoilett, Ince, Meite, and Azeez. If we’d had Rahman and NGW fit at the same time then one of them would also be an option.

Fornah only played wide under Hunt, as far as I can recall. Ince was using him as a central midfielder.

I don’t think Ince ever used Hoilett in a back four, for that matter. He was playing wing back.

He definitely played on the wing in one of the final home games under Ince.

zaskar

by zaskar » 15 May 2023 18:25

Fornah was in our academy for a while when he was younger so I would think that playing for the first team meant more to him than some others.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 21 May 2023 14:26

I would have Fornah back as well. He did ok in league one previously. I doubt Forest will haggle over any deal

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 May 2023 10:14

Royal_jimmy I would have Fornah back as well. He did ok in league one previously. I doubt Forest will haggle over any deal

With Forest now staying up Fornah will never play for them - so imagine he'll be allowed to leave for a very minimal fee or go out on loan before leaving on a free in '24 when his deal is up.

He was popular at Plymouth, so possible they may see him as an option for the Champ.