Tyrese Fornah

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Tyrese Fornah

by Stranded » 20 Apr 2023 11:15

Hendo We're going to need a couple of CMs going into next year and think he would be a good perm addition.

Would imagine it would be contingent on us staying up though.

Yeah, no way we spend 1m on him if we go down even given it would be in installments but he has something, just needs to be played in the right spot regularly.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Apr 2023 11:23

Thought he was poor last night but I’d be open to a perm signing

Not at £1m though. Half that. Can have a sell on if they like

Guessing If Forest go down, which I really hope they do, they’ll be giving players away they’ll be so screwed. Spent £180m on transfers, the muppets

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Apr 2023 11:44

Yeah, I'd imagine it would be £1m inc. add-ons if that number is accurate. Doubt it would be £1m upfront or anything like that.

£500k with some add-ons/future fee% would be a no-brainer. imo.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 20 Apr 2023 12:14

Is he any better than any kids on the cusp of the first team? He might be ok for League One but I'm yet to be convinced he's good enough for the Championship.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 Apr 2023 12:16

Hound Thought he was poor last night but I’d be open to a perm signing

Not at £1m though. Half that. Can have a sell on if they like

Guessing If Forest go down, which I really hope they do, they’ll be giving players away they’ll be so screwed. Spent £180m on transfers, the muppets

In his semi-defence he's very one-footed so not at all suited to being asked to play out wide left. Having said that, the freekicks he took last night with his favoured right foot were still poor.

However, he clearly has the right type of attitude, wants to be with us and is a reasonably skilful player when played in suitable positions.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 20 Apr 2023 12:45

The more I watch him the more it doesn't make me want us to sign him. That's probably a little harsh, because I do want him to be good, but I just don't think he impacts games enough for the talent he clearly has. I don't know if he suffers from an Ejaria-like syndrome, clearly a talented player, but not having enough of an impact and, similarly, has been put into a wider position.

Definitely not at £1m, half the figure and it would be lower risk. Although I do want us to kind of wean ourselves away from underperforming players in the summer, which I think he is at the moment. Again, that might be a little too critical for some, but that's just my opinion. In the Championship, with less restrictions, I think we could get better for the money. In League One, that would be much safer, but the money would have to decrease significantly.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Apr 2023 13:05

Ejaria isn’t a bad comparison actually. Seems to have curbed some of his stronger attributes and isn’t offering enough in the role he has been assigned to

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 20 Apr 2023 14:12

If Forest want £1m for him I'd rather look elsewhere. Feel we could get better value. If it's half that and a 25% sell on fee then that'd be reasonable.

However he'd command fairly low wages and is ok, if not maybe just short of championship standards but he is young and could improve.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Apr 2023 14:34

1m would be the opening gambit and probably a total fee - transfers are never a case of here is 1m cheers.

Would likely be something like 250k up front, 100k after X games, 200k after y - 200k if we get promoted etc etc etc...

If a package can be found that suits all parties then it is potentially a good deal as he wants to be here, has something about him and looks like he could become a very decent player at Champ level as he matures - but not wide on the left.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Apr 2023 08:25

morganb https://twitter.com/RFCLatest/status/1648980744444817408
https://sportsworldghana.com/nottingham ... o-reading/

English Premier League club Nottingham Forest are opened to sell Tyrese Fornah to Reading.

The English born player of Ghanaian and Sierra Leonean parentage is on loan with the Royals and has greatly impressed by making 33 Championship appearances and scoring twice.

With just a year left on his Forest contract, they are ready to sell him and Reading are looking forward to get him for around 1 Million Pounds.

Talks are scheduled to begin between the two clubs in the next couple of weeks.

Think he is better than what we’ve seen so far, despite being “talked up” by Ince after signing he became another casualty of the negativity as, to me, Fornah is a forward minded, energy filled driver of a player and not the super safe defensive sit back and hold that Ince wanted to overburden the team with. Hopefully will see more of what he is about under Hunt and think he is the type that Reading need whatever level they’re stuck at next season. Need to negotiate on the £1m though to perhaps make it more “appearance and milestone” related.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Apr 2023 16:06

PATRIQT Is he any better than any kids on the cusp of the first team? He might be ok for League One but I'm yet to be convinced he's good enough for the Championship.

Midfield doesn't seem a strong point.

I'd take him, but I'm not sure I see us spending £500k on a marquee signing let alone £1m on Fornah. Championship or no.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Apr 2023 16:08

Hound Ejaria isn’t a bad comparison actually. Seems to have curbed some of his stronger attributes and isn’t offering enough in the role he has been assigned to

Yeah, I can see an Ejaria comparison. Less technically skillful, more physical and much more willing to play with the ball out from under his feet and going passed people rather than trying to turn on a six pence and tripping over.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 28 Apr 2023 14:48

The Fornah start in the middle with Loum at our best this season - yes please.

Fornah - stuck out wide on left - no thanks.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Apr 2023 14:54

Hard to disagree with anything that's been said here, if the price is right he is probably worth a punt but he is 23, so I don't think he's going to get massively better but could definitely become a decent Championship player.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 28 Apr 2023 15:25

paultheroyal The Fornah start in the middle with Loum at our best this season - yes please.

Fornah - stuck out wide on left - no thanks.

Yeah with Ince playing just in front and Hendrick slotting alongside both Loum and Fornah, that did turn to be our best midfield. On the defensive side, yes, but probably our most balanced.

It's just a shame Loum went from being good to erratic (being more bad than good) and Fornah's form dropped off as well, although I think both of those was partly a consequence of being moved in and out of the team too often, or not being trusted, by Ince so we couldn't get that consistency from them. Unfortunately Fornah and Loum have never picked up since the turn of the year (Hendrick's levels have dropped as well a bit since) and obviously Fornah is just wasted being out on the left, but Fornah's responsibility has to be on his own performances and his impact hasn't been there for a long while.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 30 Apr 2023 19:24

He won't be back next season at least

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Apr 2023 20:12

Tbh he’s been really poor last few times I’ve seen him. Think we can do better

There were glimpses but it’d have to be really cheap for me to think he’d be a worthwhile signing

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Apr 2023 21:44

Was a bit of a weird one at the end of the Wigan game. Last player going round the South and East clapping the fans. Thumped his chest a few times around the badge. Not what I'd expect from a loanee in and out of the side after a disappointing draw with the bottom of the table side in the last home game of the season, all but relegating the club.

I think Fornah has a lot of potential, I quite like the way he plays. But to get there he really needs to cut out the errors. Seems to have done ok in L1 with Plymouth and Shrewsbury, and over 80% pass success with us. Not completely sure where his best position is. Not LW for certain. Not DM, but possibly left side of a three man midfield if there's someone else covering the wing. Possibly in a two man central midfield.

He seems the most realistic of the four. We're unlikely to get anywhere with Casadei. Hendrick should be avoided. Loum plays too high risk for DM and his errors often seem to be down to stupidity.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Apr 2023 21:50

Can’t remember the comments from Shrewsbury fans, but it was something like he signed as a DM and was useless but then transformed when he played as an AM. Or vice versa. But whatever it was we should probably take note

Certainly not a LM at all though

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Apr 2023 22:00

He seems quite good at ball retention, finding some space and turning his man. He's not slow. I know we said this before, but to me he's an earlier less flashy but potentially more effective Ejaria.