Summer 2023 Transfer Speculation

1360 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Summer 2023 Transfer Speculation

by WestYorksRoyal » 29 Jan 2024 22:44

My only hope is they can avoid being so fcuking idiot to relegate us with outgoings. If Dai wants to sell, he'll get much less for a L2 bound club. Doesn't take a genius to work out destroying our squad is against his best interests.

But Dai, Pang and Kia are just so fcuking stupid evil cnuty useless bastards cnunty fcukers oxf*rd dickheads invalids neanderthals morons cnunty fcuking cnuts that I can't rule anything out.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 29 Jan 2024 22:47

Nothing really surprises me about this club anymore.

A genuine question. Is Dai asset stripping the club? My understanding of asset stripping would be selling players for a profit without any regard to the club’s future. Is that what’s happening or is this all necessary for the club to survive until Dai agrees a sell.

Webster750

by Webster750 » 30 Jan 2024 00:18

As far as I’ve heard the only *likely* move besides McIntyre’s departure (as of right now) is Smith also departing. Besides that it’s the usual youth loans, Boyce-Clarke off to Rochdale being one of them with long term injury to their number one and only one other currently in on loan.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 30 Jan 2024 03:44

Amazed no one has come in for Azeez, especially with him being out of contract in the summer (right?).

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Jan 2024 07:58

Webster750 As far as I’ve heard the only *likely* move besides McIntyre’s departure (as of right now) is Smith also departing. Besides that it’s the usual youth loans, Boyce-Clarke off to Rochdale being one of them with long term injury to their number one and only one other currently in on loan.

Whilst nothing would surprise me, unless it is a very decent offer, selling Smith makes zero sense unless we can bring in a replacement (which looks very unlikely) that then leaves us trying to avoid the drop with striking options of Ehibhatiomhan and Vickers or shifting the rest of the team around to play Azeez up top. Would feel like accepting relegation in the hope that a buyer comes in sooner rather than later.

Youth loans naturally make sense.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Jan 2024 07:59

Pepe the Horseman Amazed no one has come in for Azeez, especially with him being out of contract in the summer (right?).

He is and I can only assume that if he is being actively touted, clubs are deciding to see how he goes in the rest of the season with an eye for picking him up even cheaper when his deal runs out.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Jan 2024 08:06

Stranded
Pepe the Horseman Amazed no one has come in for Azeez, especially with him being out of contract in the summer (right?).

He is and I can only assume that if he is being actively touted, clubs are deciding to see how he goes in the rest of the season with an eye for picking him up even cheaper when his deal runs out.

But if we survive, could a new owner convince him to stay? We're the least attractive club in the league right now, but get a good owner in and we're one of the most attractive. Who would be a better option? Pompey or Derby if they stay decent? The clubs coming down? Getting Dai out would be transformative.

Whereas go for Azeez now and leaving is much more appealing.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Jan 2024 08:48

WestYorksRoyal
Stranded

But if we survive, could a new owner convince him to stay? We're the least attractive club in the league right now, but get a good owner in and we're one of the most attractive. Who would be a better option? Pompey or Derby if they stay decent? The clubs coming down? Getting Dai out would be transformative.

If we survive and if we stay up, possibly. But also, the suitors may be a different level.

Lets say in the last 18 games, Azeez scores 5 and assists 3 whilst his overall play is of a high level - we stay up as a result and get taken over.

The new owner would likely sanction a new deal but it is likely to only be on his current terms at best. Meanwhile his form has attracted the interest of a couple of the clubs who went up to the Champ and a couple of lower end Champ sides so can see a young player who improved and would be a cheap (not free due to comp) addition to their squad, who could potentially do a job at Champ level now that he has experience.

So even if there are options out there, it may actually work in Azeez's favour to see out the season and move in the summer.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Jan 2024 08:53

Stranded
WestYorksRoyal
Stranded

If we survive and if we stay up, possibly. But also, the suitors may be a different level.

Lets say in the last 18 games, Azeez scores 5 and assists 3 whilst his overall play is of a high level - we stay up as a result and get taken over.

The new owner would likely sanction a new deal but it is likely to only be on his current terms at best. Meanwhile his form has attracted the interest of a couple of the clubs who went up to the Champ and a couple of lower end Champ sides so can see a young player who improved and would be a cheap (not free due to comp) addition to their squad, who could potentially do a job at Champ level now that he has experience.

So even if there are options out there, it may actually work in Azeez's favour to see out the season and move in the summer.

Also, he wouldn't be free in the summer. His age means we get compensation. So any interested club would still have to negotiate with us or go to a tribunal.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Jan 2024 11:38

Pete O'Rourke stating that a number of Champ and L1 clubs are looking at Knibbs - doesn't mention a single one mind.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Jan 2024 11:47

Stranded Pete O'Rourke stating that a number of Champ and L1 clubs are looking at Knibbs - doesn't mention a single one mind.

Of course they are, he's a good player. It's a nothing rumour until they start being name and bids start coming in. How long is he under contract for? Longer than Holmes, Abbey and McIntyre.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Jan 2024 11:56

WestYorksRoyal
Stranded Pete O'Rourke stating that a number of Champ and L1 clubs are looking at Knibbs - doesn't mention a single one mind.

Of course they are, he's a good player. It's a nothing rumour until they start being name and bids start coming in. How long is he under contract for? Longer than Holmes, Abbey and McIntyre.

Signed a 3 year contract, so still 2 and a half to go.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 30 Jan 2024 11:57

WestYorksRoyal

Until 2026.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Jan 2024 12:03

All I know is Friday can't come soon enough. Why doesn't Selles suggest a team building trip somewhere off grid like the outer Hebrides?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 30 Jan 2024 14:11

WestYorksRoyal My only hope is they can avoid being so fcuking idiot to relegate us with outgoings. If Dai wants to sell, he'll get much less for a L2 bound club. Doesn't take a genius to work out destroying our squad is against his best interests.

But Dai, Pang and Kia are just so fcuking stupid evil cnuty useless bastards cnunty fcukers oxf*rd dickheads invalids neanderthals morons cnunty fcuking cnuts that I can't rule anything out.

Stop beating about the bush, do you like them or not ?

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 31 Jan 2024 07:50

7 years ago today we almost signed Yermas Dildo

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Jan 2024 10:24

Former journalist Courtney Friday tweeting that he has been told Plymouth has enquired about Femi Azeez and that the decision to sell now lies with our wonderful owner.

My parents are selling their house in Paignton which is nice commute, so might as well give him the details.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 31 Jan 2024 10:28

Yeah because old Courtney would know......

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 31 Jan 2024 10:29

Stranded Former journalist Courtney Friday tweeting that he has been told Plymouth has enquired about Femi Azeez and that the decision to sell now lies with our wonderful owner.

My parents are selling their house in Paignton which is nice commute, so might as well give him the details.

If he's serious about selling the club there is only one decision to make, and that is to keep the players who can ensure he is selling a L1 club and not a L2 one. I'm still not convinced he is serious about selling, and if Azeez goes this will confirm fears.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 31 Jan 2024 10:33

NathStPaul Yeah because old Courtney would know......

Ex journos retain contacts at the club, just look at Anthony Smith.

1360 posts