Points Deduction AGAIN

763 posts
Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Points Deduction AGAIN

by Royal_jimmy » 03 Mar 2023 13:43

I still think there's 3 wins left in us yet in the games left. Taking us to at least 47 points should it be the 6 docked.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 03 Mar 2023 13:58

Nameless
YorkshireRoyal99
Nameless
Once again I will recommend reading the agreed decision….

Cheers for that you were a great help as always.

So have you read it ?
It might avoid you asking questions or making assumptions that are really easy for you to check yourself .

No because, believe it or not, I'm not spending my time dissecting the EFL business plan each time I comment, I'd be hoping for relatively quick info to be available here with people, like yourself, who clearly have more time to do so. Hence why I, like many others, continue to debate and ask questions.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 03 Mar 2023 14:00

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal You can't apply a suspended sentence twice. It's applied or not.

Nothing prevents a new finding and a new sanction if we breach rules again though, which isn't necessarily the same as breaching the conditions of our business plan.

That's what I'm saying though, if we do breach the conditions of our business plan (as we are still assuming we haven't), then that would probably result in another points deduction I'd imagine.

You need to distinguish between the plan, and a further FFP breach, which aren’t necessarily the same thing, though are likely very closely linked.

Yeah that's what I mean, in the event that they aren't linked, that would be two separate punishments.

So in this case, if this points deduction relates to the historical wrongdoings of the club which is going to result in 6 points being deducted, then we can still get 6 points deducted if someone can prove that we have breached our business plan over the last couple of years?

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 03 Mar 2023 14:57

YorkshireRoyal99
Nameless
YorkshireRoyal99
Cheers for that you were a great help as always.

So have you read it ?
It might avoid you asking questions or making assumptions that are really easy for you to check yourself .

No because, believe it or not, I'm not spending my time dissecting the EFL business plan each time I comment, I'd be hoping for relatively quick info to be available here with people, like yourself, who clearly have more time to do so. Hence why I, like many others, continue to debate and ask questions.

The part that's relevant is a page and a half long, it's not super lengthy

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Mar 2023 15:31

kwik-silva
YorkshireRoyal99
Nameless
So have you read it ?

But for some reason he’d rather spend ages posting lengthy rambles (often asking the same thing several times) asking something that would be made obvious if he could be bothered to read a very short document.
If you aren’t interested enough to spend 10 minutes reading the source material why bother spending hours a day posting speculative nonsense….

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 03 Mar 2023 15:34

Nameless
kwik-silva
YorkshireRoyal99

But for some reason he’d rather spend ages posting lengthy rambles (often asking the same thing several times) asking something that would be made obvious if he could be bothered to read a very short document.
If you aren’t interested enough to spend 10 minutes reading the source material why bother spending hours a day posting speculative nonsense….

Yeah mate, it's an open forum, you're allowed to speculate seen as I can safely bet that 0% have any sort of clue what actually goes on at the club, hence why we are on here. Unless it's you who seems to know it all of course.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Mar 2023 15:38

YorkshireRoyal99
Nameless
kwik-silva

Yeah mate, it's an open forum, you're allowed to speculate seen as I can safely bet that 0% have any sort of clue what actually goes on at the club, hence why we are on here. Unless it's you who seems to know it all of course.

Have you read the document though ?
In the time it took you post that stunning piece of vitriol you could have found out what you want other people to tell you (who you then slag off for having bothered to go and read up for you).
Hope you revise better for your A levels….

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 03 Mar 2023 15:42

Nameless
YorkshireRoyal99
Nameless

In the time it took you post that stunning piece of vitriol you could have found out what you want other people to tell you (who you then slag off for having bothered to go and read up for you).

Yeah mate I have cheers, a simple answer would have been appreciated first time as opposed to what you usually give me, and others as well. Hope it makes you feel better though to act a oxf*rd though. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Mar 2023 15:51

YorkshireRoyal99
Nameless
YorkshireRoyal99

Yeah mate I have cheers, a simple answer would have been appreciated first time as opposed to what you usually give me, and others as well. Hope it makes you feel better though to act a oxf*rd though. Anyway, thanks for the help.

If you had read it the first time you were pointed in its direction then you woukd have saved everyone a lot of hassle having to always tell you what is in it. Well done for FINALLY taking 10 minutes out of your busy life to do the obvious.
It’s the classic ‘teach the man to fish’ scenario. You were pointed in the direction of where the answers are but just wanted to get others to tell you what it said. It’s been bizarre, but at least you’ve managed it.
No idea about the bit about ‘what you usually give me’, answers to your questions is the obvious thing…..

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Mar 2023 16:48

Im confused by that ‘joke’ anyway. Fighting over a pencil - why? Must be missing something

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 03 Mar 2023 17:08

Auto correct? Should say artists? Still doesn't make sense though.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 03 Mar 2023 17:32

I’d still be relatively confident of survival even if they tried to stiff us with a 12 point deduction. I think we are are better than Wigan, Blackpool and Huddersfield and no worse than Birmingham City, Stoke, and Cardiff either, so with a sense of injustice to stir us up we’d be okay. Makes it exciting.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 03 Mar 2023 17:33

Hound Im confused by that ‘joke’ anyway. Fighting over a pencil - why? Must be missing something

Prefer the saying like two bald men fighting over a comb….!

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 03 Mar 2023 17:36

If someone asks me a question I know the answer to, personally I'd rather take the time to 1) be helpful and 2) show off how much I know, rather than give a snarky "look it up" non-answer.

Of course, you can often actually do both at the same time.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 03 Mar 2023 18:17

Mr Optimist I’d still be relatively confident of survival even if they tried to stiff us with a 12 point deduction. I think we are are better than Wigan, Blackpool and Huddersfield and no worse than Birmingham City, Stoke, and Cardiff either, so with a sense of injustice to stir us up we’d be okay. Makes it exciting.

We may well be better than those three, but over 13 games,
the best side doesn't always garner the most points.

Us dropping 12 points would be a HUGE boost to Wigan, Blackpool, Huddersfield
and a crushing blow to Reading FC's morale. Nerves would likely play a big part.

Plus our last two games of the season are against Huddersfield and Wigan!!

P34 35 Points GD -13 Cardiff

P33 32 Points GD -10 Reading
P33 31 Points GD -17 Huddersfield
P34 31 Points GD -18 Blackpool
P33 31 Points GD -22 Wigan

I think I'd bet on relegation we got docked 12 points.

Hopefully we won't be docked any.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 03 Mar 2023 18:20

33/1 Judas Bet?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 03 Mar 2023 18:33

Nameless has now taken the official title of the ‘boards most boring poster and know it all’ off of ian. Never thought I’d see the day.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 03 Mar 2023 18:48

Brogue Nameless has now taken the official title of the ‘boards most boring poster and know it all’ off of ian. Never thought I’d see the day.

I am not saying this applies to Nameless, but there are some people on here who’d have an argument in an empty room! I also hear what you care saying Snowball about it being a boost to other clubs down there, but perversely it could also create a really tight siege mentality and galvanised the fans, players and management to get out of the problem. Andy Carroll has talked about the excellent team spirit and I could see him sweating blood for the cause, if we end up having one!

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 03 Mar 2023 18:49

Mr Optimist
Brogue Nameless has now taken the official title of the ‘boards most boring poster and know it all’ off of ian. Never thought I’d see the day.

I am not saying this applies to Nameless, but there are some people on here who’d have an argument in an empty room! I also hear what you are saying Snowball about it being a boost to other clubs down there, but perversely it could also create a really tight siege mentality and galvanised the fans, players and management to get out of the problem. Andy Carroll has talked about the excellent team spirit and I could see him sweating blood for the cause, if we end up having one!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Mar 2023 20:30

Hound Im confused by that ‘joke’ anyway. Fighting over a pencil - why? Must be missing something

Yeah, the point.

763 posts