763 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Points Deduction AGAIN

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Apr 2023 15:22

Royal_jimmy
Snowflake Royal
Pepe the Horseman Guess we've found another Norwich fan :roll:

Norwich? When have their fans had the chance to be fickle? They got relegated to League One and then got promoted straight back. They've knocked around the top of the Championship and the bottom of the PL.
Weird comment from Jimmy

Or Portsmouth who got 16k fans in league 2

Who also got 12k in League One?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 02 Apr 2023 16:05

Been watching Bolton against Plymouth and I appreciate it’s all relative but it’s been more entertaining than watching us. It makes me think we might see some decent games in League 1, certainly better than the garbage served up for the last few seasons. I’ll probably renew my season ticket if we go down, plus some decent away days. Obviously, I’d rather see us improve in the championship but I just can’t see it happening tbh.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Apr 2023 16:14

We're more attractive to new owners as a League One club too. Brilliant facilities (yes they're separate from the club currently, but they could easily be bought with the club) and infrastructure. A bigger fish in a smaller pond compared to the Championship with lots of potential to bounce back and grow. Plenty of similar sized clubs who've gone down and come back up have quickly got into the PL on the positice momentum.

At the moment we're a decaying failure clinging to a cliff only likely to drop to the ledge below sooner or later.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Apr 2023 16:16

Snowflake Royal
Royal_jimmy
Snowflake Royal Norwich? When have their fans had the chance to be fickle? They got relegated to League One and then got promoted straight back. They've knocked around the top of the Championship and the bottom of the PL.
Weird comment from Jimmy

Or Portsmouth who got 16k fans in league 2

Who also got 12k in League One?
wasn’t that when they were restructuring and therefore restricting the numbers at Fratton tho?

Always seem to be gating between 16 & 18k at all levels (including yesterday against FGR…not renown for their massive following home or away).

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Apr 2023 16:30

Snowflake Royal We're more attractive to new owners as a League One club too. Brilliant facilities (yes they're separate from the club currently, but they could easily be bought with the club) and infrastructure. A bigger fish in a smaller pond compared to the Championship with lots of potential to bounce back and grow. Plenty of similar sized clubs who've gone down and come back up have quickly got into the PL on the positice momentum.

At the moment we're a decaying failure clinging to a cliff only likely to drop to the ledge below sooner or later.

I think that’s quite an optimistic view

Much as I wouldn’t be that bothered by going down, if we genuinely have a decent scouting and recruiting team in place, it’s probably easier to rebuild in the champ

We’ll be quite an appealing prospect for prem loan players, esp London based clubs. Good facilities.hopefully on a more even keel than most champ clubs now we’ve gone through this business plan rubbish

We’ve more chance of stabilising and becoming successful by staying in the champ and rebuilding than going down and haven’t to get back up imo. Likelihood is we’d try to recruit to bounce straight back up rather than these rather idealistic ideas of us playing the kids and growing holistically. I think we’d make a desperate attempt to come back at first attempt

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 02 Apr 2023 18:45

Hound
Snowflake Royal We're more attractive to new owners as a League One club too. Brilliant facilities (yes they're separate from the club currently, but they could easily be bought with the club) and infrastructure. A bigger fish in a smaller pond compared to the Championship with lots of potential to bounce back and grow. Plenty of similar sized clubs who've gone down and come back up have quickly got into the PL on the positice momentum.

Much as I wouldn’t be that bothered by going down, if we genuinely have a decent scouting and recruiting team in place, it’s probably easier to rebuild in the champ

We’ll be quite an appealing prospect for prem loan players, esp London based clubs. Good facilities.hopefully on a more even keel than most champ clubs now we’ve gone through this business plan rubbish

We’ve more chance of stabilising and becoming successful by staying in the champ and rebuilding than going down and haven’t to get back up imo. Likelihood is we’d try to recruit to bounce straight back up rather than these rather idealistic ideas of us playing the kids and growing holistically. I think we’d make a desperate attempt to come back at first attempt

Go down, and if we still have restrictions, which is probably likely, then I think there's more chance of us dropping straight through to League Two than coming back up.

Unless Dai is willing to write off a massive chunk of the debt, nobody would want to buy us. They would essentially be buying an insolvent business, with massive debts, few assets, and little prospect of trading a profit.

MR.CYNICAL

by MR.CYNICAL » 02 Apr 2023 19:25

Be careful what you wish for, league 1 is shit, just ask any Pompey, Ipswich or Sunderland fan.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Apr 2023 20:00

Only shit if you’re not competing at the top end.

But yeah, rather not get involved

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Apr 2023 21:31

Hound

How many of those Prem loan players really work out? Pretty small percentage.

Rahman's been rubbish. Hendrick mediocre, Fornah can't keep a place in the team, Casadei ok in few appearances

We make a hash of pretty much everything we do, so you're probably right about going about it all wrong. But maybe Dai would get fed up and oxf*rd off, selling to someone slightly less useless, without a track record of destroying clubs. Or maybe the clown might finally learn something

elrey

by elrey » 03 Apr 2023 04:32

Snowflake Royal
Hound

How many of those Prem loan players really work out? Pretty small percentage.

Rahman's been rubbish. Hendrick mediocre, Fornah can't keep a place in the team, Casadei ok in few appearances

We make a hash of pretty much everything we do, so you're probably right about going about it all wrong. But maybe Dai would get fed up and oxf*rd off, selling to someone slightly less useless, without a track record of destroying clubs. Or maybe the clown might finally learn something

It's not in a Chinese boss' DNA to "finally learn something". They're the boss and everyone should do as they're told. End of.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 03 Apr 2023 10:09

Still no news then?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Apr 2023 10:20

Mr Angry Still no news then?

If EFL hold true, any announcement, if one is ever to come, will be released between 4.30 and 5pm UK time - so not even worth checking on things until then each day I would say.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 03 Apr 2023 10:29

Linkin Park - Point Of Authority
Little Simz - Point & Kill
Heavy D - On Point

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 03 Apr 2023 10:34

Betting would indicate its still happening. Birmingham are 12/1 for a top 12 finish. Reading are next best at 50/1.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 03 Apr 2023 11:50

Mid Sussex Royal
The Royal Forester I remember the days at Elm Park when we thought 8000 was a MASSIVE crowd. when we were in the third tier. Please remind of our lowest attendance at E P, was it something like 3-4000? If Dai was to put the club up for sale who would buy it having to pay umpteen million to pay of the club's debt? With no buyer, he could easily just let the club go bust (just like two others he has owned). He can just cut his loses, to save having to lose yet more money, keeping the club afloat, Remember he will still own the Stadium and Training Ground, a nice bit of property to keep hold of or sell on for other purposes to help reduce his loss. I imagine the training Ground could be converted to a sporting complex quite easily, the stadium could be harder to sell but even that could be leased out to become a speedway track, athletics track and/or other sports.

Less than that, early 80's gates, during the bad hooliganism era, they were regularly less than 3k.

I'd hope that the FA or EFL would put something in to stop things like this happening to a club

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Apr 2023 12:05

Stranded

If EFL hold true, any announcement, if one is ever to come, will be released between 4.30 and 5pm UK time - so not even worth checking on things until then each day I would say.

There has to be a cut off point surely? You can't keep clubs in the dark then suddenly say on the last day of the season, or after, here's the 6 point deduction we've been promising you.

It now seems to becoming an utter farce of a system and utter farce of a governing body.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 03 Apr 2023 12:08

My most regular attending would have been in the late 70s to early 80s. Don't remember the above with regular crowds below 3k. Lowest I remember was when we got relegated down to the old 4th division by Rotherham when it was around 3K.

Always thought we were slightly above average attendance wise for lower league teams around that time. When we were promoted from the old fourth division, Tranmere game etc, I think we were up well above the 10k.

Then there was the Southampton home cup game late 70s where we rammed in 25k.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Apr 2023 12:10

Sutekh
Stranded

There has to be a cut off point surely? You can't keep clubs in the dark then suddenly say on the last day of the season, or after, here's the 6 point deduction we've been promising you.

It now seems to becoming an utter farce of a system and utter farce of a governing body.

The terms of the decision the club agreed to says 6 points will be deducted from the 2022/23 total should there be a breach of the business plan before the 30th June 2023. There is no deadline set on when that deduction may apply - I agree there should be but as the decision was agreed by the club, I am not sure if there is anything the club could do about it.

It does mean we are in the stupid position that the team could go to Huddersfield on the last day, win and therefore save themselves only to be relegated the next day by a deduction.

In practice, I would be surprised if it happened that way but it could - so the club have to act like it has happened as that is the worst case. If it doesn't then great.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Apr 2023 12:15

paultheroyal Betting would indicate its still happening. Birmingham are 12/1 for a top 12 finish. Reading are next best at 50/1.

Relegation betting shows the opposite - Bet365 have us at 20/1 for the drop whilst Brum are 8/1.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 03 Apr 2023 12:35

Stranded
paultheroyal Betting would indicate its still happening. Birmingham are 12/1 for a top 12 finish. Reading are next best at 50/1.

Relegation betting shows the opposite - Bet365 have us at 20/1 for the drop whilst Brum are 8/1.

and that bet is a valid option? Wont be declined? That is outrageous odds.

763 posts