New manager rumours and speculation

768 posts
morganb
Hob Nob Regular

Re: New manager rumours and speculation

by morganb » 14 Jun 2023 11:52

Hound Yeah Benjy was good

Benjy left Reading to go to Southampton earlier in the season but noticed on Twitter recently that he has already moved on from that job. Not sure where he is now.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 14 Jun 2023 12:07

did it turnout the ITK mob were actually just making stuff up and copying each other with the Wilder rumours?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 14 Jun 2023 12:11

Winston Biscuit did it turnout the ITK mob were actually just making stuff up and copying each other with the Wilder rumours?

I think there's enough noise that the Wilder rumours were accurate but my hunch is people were attaching random dates to the Wilder appointment to make it seem like they got the scoop when it just happens he is announced around the date they said.

On Strings

by On Strings » 14 Jun 2023 12:35

Credit must go to EddieRFC or whatever his name is on Twitter. He said weeks ago about Dai wanting to sell and a group in the US wanting to buy.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Jun 2023 12:42

On Strings Credit must go to EddieRFC or whatever his name is on Twitter. He said weeks ago about Dai wanting to sell and a group in the US wanting to buy.

Well he said that there had been interest from foreign investors and named the Middle East and that the current owners weren't in a rush to sell but would listen to proposals but as often, slightly ahead of the curve.

Be interesting if he were to tweet again on the current fun and games.

largetrousers
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by largetrousers » 14 Jun 2023 13:01

1871 podcast that came out today are confirming Wilder is the new manager - but I can’t see any confirmation anywhere.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Jun 2023 13:08

largetrousers 1871 podcast that came out today are confirming Wilder is the new manager - but I can’t see any confirmation anywhere.

I think they recorded one expecting it to be announced at any time. They seem to have then published it in error.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Jun 2023 14:13

Hound Yeah Benjy was good

He went to cover Southampton I think but has left that job now, not sure where's he's gone now.

On Strings

by On Strings » 14 Jun 2023 14:14

Stranded
On Strings Credit must go to EddieRFC or whatever his name is on Twitter. He said weeks ago about Dai wanting to sell and a group in the US wanting to buy.

Well he said that there had been interest from foreign investors and named the Middle East and that the current owners weren't in a rush to sell but would listen to proposals but as often, slightly ahead of the curve.

Be interesting if he were to tweet again on the current fun and games.

Tbf to him, he's been solid in the past as well.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 14 Jun 2023 15:30

Stranded
largetrousers 1871 podcast that came out today are confirming Wilder is the new manager - but I can’t see any confirmation anywhere.

I think they recorded one expecting it to be announced at any time. They seem to have then published it in error.

:lol:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 14 Jun 2023 16:55

Sutekh
On Strings
Wycombe Royal Adie WIlliams is stirring up the rumours on Twitter....saying he has seen a car with a number plate that could relate to Steve Cotterill near Sindlesham this morning with someone inside wearing RFC gear.....

Well that would guarentee my not getting a season ticket again then.

Did this number plate say "Cotterill 1" then or just "SC1" or something and if the latter how does he know it wasn't Steve Coppell?

That would be SSC1

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Jun 2023 23:47

Alan Nixon saying everyone should calm down to a panic m8s and the Wilder hold up is down to clarity on what we can spend.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 14 Jun 2023 23:48

Sounds like the EFL are trying to restrict our spending even though it would totally contradict League One rules.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 15 Jun 2023 00:26

You can’t go 5 min on Twitter now without some new conspiracy surfacing. Dayong Pang supposedly appointing a manager himself whilst Bowen is on compassionate leave. I mean what next?!

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 15 Jun 2023 09:24

tidus_mi2 Sounds like the EFL are trying to restrict our spending even though it would totally contradict League One rules.

I suspect the ELF knows it's own rules better than hobnob.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 15 Jun 2023 09:30

Greatwesternline
tidus_mi2 Sounds like the EFL are trying to restrict our spending even though it would totally contradict League One rules.

I'm just basing this off what Alan Nixon was tweeting last night, who I see as one of the more reliable people, alongside ITK Eddie.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 15 Jun 2023 09:38

tidus_mi2
Greatwesternline

I'm just basing this off what Alan Nixon was tweeting last night, who I see as one of the more reliable people, alongside ITK Eddie.

hhhmmm. If the ELF is restricting Reading's spending, (we don't know they are) it would be because they can.

On Strings

by On Strings » 15 Jun 2023 09:41

How could the EFL do that? The embargo ends June 30th. There is no FFP limitations in L1. If they feel we breached something last season that is yet to come to light, they will have had to punish us against last season, surely.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 15 Jun 2023 09:44

On Strings How could the EFL do that? The embargo ends June 30th. There is no FFP limitations in L1. If they feel we breached something last season that is yet to come to light, they will have had to punish us against last season, surely.

How do you know the embargo ended on 30 June? How do you know there aren't FFP limitations in League 1?

Have you read the EFL's judgement handed out? Have you read the EFL's FFP policies and rule book?

If you are relying on a well meaning fan's interpretation of them, or Bowen's interpretation of them, then those people are not reliable sources.

Bowen has already admitted misleading people the season before last.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 15 Jun 2023 09:56

Whilst the EFL ruling was the 2021-22 season, with half the measures suspended until 2022-23 season, the suspended element was enforced.

There is this nugget with the ruling:

Further action
11. The EFL may re-open any investigation and commence any disciplinary proceedings against the Club
if any information submitted by the Club turns out to be inaccurate, or if there is any failure of compliance
on the part of the Club with the terms with this Agreed Decision.

I would say anyone associated with the club should not have promised fans that there was no way we could possibly be under sanctions in further years.

Annoyingly the EFL website doesnt have a new ruling from when they enforced the suspended element of the sanction. That would have been instructive.

768 posts