Potential New Owners

939 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Potential New Owners

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Sep 2023 12:12

Courtney Friday reporting that businessman William Storey currently meeting at the SCL. Never heard of him but a quick Google has alarm bells ringing. Eccentric businessman with a big ego who has failed in bids for Sunderland and Coventry. Once told by a judge he was not "a credible or reliable witness" in a copyright case.

Much prefer the Red Bird capital rumour.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Sep 2023 12:31

WestYorksRoyal Courtney Friday reporting that businessman William Storey currently meeting at the SCL. Never heard of him but a quick Google has alarm bells ringing. Eccentric businessman with a big ego who has failed in bids for Sunderland and Coventry. Once told by a judge he was not "a credible or reliable witness" in a copyright case.

You are going to get some "interesting"* characters showing an interest - it happens at any club who are looking for investment/a sale.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Sep 2023 12:36

Well we know who Dai would prefer to prop him up.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Sep 2023 12:37

Snowflake Royal Well we know who Dai would prefer to prop him up.

Sadly all depends if he just wants some idiot to pay the wages or if he just wants to get shot of the thing now.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Sep 2023 12:42

Stranded

Sadly all depends if he just wants some idiot to pay the wages or if he just wants to get shot of the thing now.

Unfortunately seems the former.

Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll have some life changing issue that means he needs to get out

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 18 Sep 2023 12:49

Stranded
WestYorksRoyal Courtney Friday reporting that businessman William Storey currently meeting at the SCL. Never heard of him but a quick Google has alarm bells ringing. Eccentric businessman with a big ego who has failed in bids for Sunderland and Coventry. Once told by a judge he was not "a credible or reliable witness" in a copyright case.

You are going to get some "interesting"* characters showing an interest - it happens at any club who are looking for investment/a sale.

Overall net worth not that high...can't see this even though he is quite local

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 18 Sep 2023 12:49

Snowflake Royal
Stranded

Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll have some life changing issue that means he needs to get out

At least we know that there’s no way the EFL would let some idiot takeover or invest in our club.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Sep 2023 12:49

Chinese crook propped but by a British crook. Any bets on Italian mafia interest?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Sep 2023 12:51

blythspartan
Snowflake Royal
Stranded

At least we know that there’s no way the EFL would let some idiot takeover or invest in our club.

Yeah, personal wealth is "only" 36m, so not sure how long he could even pump money in.

Interesting* that the meeting is at SCL and not the SCL according to Friday and also that this has been leaked to a friendly "journalist" suggests there is little to it. Gets the Twitter folks worried naturally.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 18 Sep 2023 13:23

Just seen a picture of him - he's a bit:

Will Storey, Will Storey
Rub your beard all over my body

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Sep 2023 13:33

ELF won`t permit another dodgy owner after this shit show.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Sep 2023 14:08

After what Storey did to HAAS F1, he can get in the fucking bin.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 18 Sep 2023 14:30

In a way though it would be quite good to have an owner who looks like a cross between ZZ Top and the Hairy Bikers.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 18 Sep 2023 14:36

Irrespective of whether you want Dai to oxf*rd off or not do you think he’s just looking for a short term fix until he can get full access to his own funds?

I still don’t see him selling up lock stock and barrel. He might just want a few million to cover the payroll over the next few months or so. I’d love him to sell the club to owners with a good sensible plan/vision for the future, but I can’t see him fully letting go.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 18 Sep 2023 14:51

blythspartan Irrespective of whether you want Dai to oxf*rd off or not do you think he’s just looking for a short term fix until he can get full access to his own funds?

I still don’t see him selling up lock stock and barrel. He might just want a few million to cover the payroll over the next few months or so. I’d love him to sell the club to owners with a good sensible plan/vision for the future, but I can’t see him fully letting go.

Agree - think that is the likely plan.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Sep 2023 14:54

windermereROYAL ELF won`t permit another dodgy owner after this shit show.

:roll:

If he has money, and can evidence it, and is not barred from being a company director or currently being investigated for fraud etc, they have no power to stop it.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Sep 2023 14:58

Mid Sussex Royal
blythspartan Irrespective of whether you want Dai to oxf*rd off or not do you think he’s just looking for a short term fix until he can get full access to his own funds?

Agree - think that is the likely plan.

Yeah. He’d have sold by now if that’s what he wanted

Obvs none of us actually know what the financial situation he has is or how he is planning to resolve it, but certainly don’t think he’ll just want to write off all the money he has wasted

Be great if someone did take the whole lot over but I’d be surprised

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 18 Sep 2023 16:38

I can't see any scenario where someone would cough up a few million to be a minority shareholder in a struggling business to Dai Yongge, who clearly has financial difficulties.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Sep 2023 17:11

Schards#2

I can't see any scenario where someone would cough up a few million to be a minority shareholder in a struggling business to Dai Yongge, who clearly has financial difficulties.

Tbf this guy sounds like enough of an idiot to do it.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Sep 2023 17:59

Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL ELF won`t permit another dodgy owner after this shit show.

:roll:

If he has money, and can evidence it, and is not barred from being a company director or currently being investigated for fraud etc, they have no power to stop it.

Fit and Proper Persons test will either find fault with any proposal or it won't.

939 posts