Potential New Owners

939 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Potential New Owners

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Sep 2023 18:23

Sutekh
Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL ELF won`t permit another dodgy owner after this shit show.

:roll:

If he has money, and can evidence it, and is not barred from being a company director or currently being investigated for fraud etc, they have no power to stop it.

Owners and Directors test will either find fault with any proposal or it won't.

Autopost.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Sep 2023 18:46

Schards#2
blythspartan Irrespective of whether you want Dai to oxf*rd off or not do you think he’s just looking for a short term fix until he can get full access to his own funds?

I still don’t see him selling up lock stock and barrel. He might just want a few million to cover the payroll over the next few months or so. I’d love him to sell the club to owners with a good sensible plan/vision for the future, but I can’t see him fully letting go.

I can't see any scenario where someone would cough up a few million to be a minority shareholder in a struggling business to Dai Yongge, who clearly has financial difficulties.

Hence why it’s not happened yet

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 18 Sep 2023 23:43

Dai might want to retain a controlling stake but who in their right mind would look at how he has managed the club in the last 5 years and think, yeah, I trust this regime to get me a return on my investment as a minority shareholder. Only grifters/parasites would be interested in that arrangement, feels like it could be another Vibrac/Samuelson situation brewing.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Sep 2023 08:11

Out of interest, what is the EFL threshold in terms of share holding before they have to go through their tests - IIRC it is now 25%.

So if some shyster like Storey can pull the wool over Dai's eyes enough - which to be fair is likely to involve simply waving a cheque for a few million at him (or showing that he 100% definitely has the money honest guv) - as long as he only takes less that 25% of the club there is absolutley naff all the EFL or anyone could do about it. Is that correct?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Sep 2023 08:20

Sounds plausible and you're reliable.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 19 Sep 2023 09:32

Stranded Out of interest, what is the EFL threshold in terms of share holding before they have to go through their tests - IIRC it is now 25%.

So if some shyster like Storey can pull the wool over Dai's eyes enough - which to be fair is likely to involve simply waving a cheque for a few million at him (or showing that he 100% definitely has the money honest guv) - as long as he only takes less that 25% of the club there is absolutley naff all the EFL or anyone could do about it. Is that correct?

I think that is correct but if there's the thinnest of silver linings, at least the mad cap minority holder couldn't actually do anything with their 25% or less, he'd just be investing in the sure and certain hope that Dai would look after his best interests

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 19 Sep 2023 09:41

Schards#2
Stranded Out of interest, what is the EFL threshold in terms of share holding before they have to go through their tests - IIRC it is now 25%.

I think that is correct but if there's the thinnest of silver linings, at least the mad cap minority holder couldn't actually do anything with their 25% or less, he'd just be investing in the sure and certain hope that Dai would look after his best interests

It would be the most short term of sticking plasters. Allow us to pay players and HMRC, probably get through the season without more points deductions but we'd eventually be back in crisis.

Perhaps Dai views current cashflow issues as short term and related to his investigation which is why he's looking at such an option. But the bridges have been burnt - he's not welcome in Reading and at the SCL. The idea he can turn it around in the long term is nuts.

The Red Bird capital rumour gave us hope at the weekend. They could well still be involved, but we've been reminded that these things are messy processes, and the day of redemption is unlikely to be around the corner.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Sep 2023 13:43

WestYorksRoyal
Schards#2

It would be the most short term of sticking plasters. Allow us to pay players and HMRC, probably get through the season without more points deductions but we'd eventually be back in crisis.

Perhaps Dai views current cashflow issues as short term and related to his investigation which is why he's looking at such an option. But the bridges have been burnt - he's not welcome in Reading and at the SCL. The idea he can turn it around in the long term is nuts.

The Red Bird capital rumour gave us hope at the weekend. They could well still be involved, but we've been reminded that these things are messy processes, and the day of redemption is unlikely to be around the corner.

Red Bird are still involved - there will be many interested parties in investing of varying standards.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 19 Sep 2023 21:24

J1A7Y

by J1A7Y » 20 Sep 2023 01:34

WestYorksRoyal https://twitter.com/richenergyceo/status/1704224642121036205

:shock: :shock: :shock:

If that is us, it screams desperation of the worst kind. FML.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Sep 2023 07:15

I heard it on the X and now my head's in Mississippi! Hope we can doubleback on red bird capital as this is one tv dinner that wil leave us all el loco.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 20 Sep 2023 08:41

WestYorksRoyal
Schards#2

The statement that came from the club was that we were looking for investment, maybe not for Dai to sell up completely. Nothing to suggest that Dai won't offer out 49% of the club to a couple of investors (Rich Energy and Red Bird for example) to help provide funds whilst he remains the majority shareholder. It would be daft from the minority investors point of view mind you.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 21 Sep 2023 16:38

Darren the Mirror guy reporting that Dai has no intention of selling up and initial talks with US investment consortium didn't get off the ground.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 21 Sep 2023 17:21

Mid Sussex Royal Darren the Mirror guy reporting that Dai has no intention of selling up and initial talks with US investment consortium didn't get off the ground.

He's talked a good game over the past few months, but has anything he's reported actually come true? We're all speculating on what Dai thinks. It's very believable that he's not answering his phone, but this doesn't mean he won't sell. It's also believable that, having put in £200m, he won't sell for c. £30m. But at some point he's going to have to realise that he's made shit decisions and recouping £30m or so is as good as it will get for him.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 21 Sep 2023 17:32

The statements from Dai/club have always been about seeking new investment and not about selling. I think we’re stuck with him and I still believe he just wants a small amount of investment to get him out of a hole until he can get full access to his own funds. There’s a meltdown on Twitter at the moment.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Sep 2023 17:36

blythspartan The statements from Dai/club have always been about seeking new investment and not about selling. I think we’re stuck with him and I still believe he just wants a small amount of investment to get him out of a hole until he can get full access to his own funds. There’s a meltdown on Twitter at the moment.

When isn’t there a meltdown on Twitter :)

Think that confirms what we thought though, he doesn’t want to sell presumably as he feels he’ll recoup more if we somehow go back up despite him costing us points left right and centre

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 21 Sep 2023 17:37

blythspartan The statements from Dai/club have always been about seeking new investment and not about selling. I think we’re stuck with him and I still believe he just wants a small amount of investment to get him out of a hole until he can get full access to his own funds. There’s a meltdown on Twitter at the moment.

Rightfully so. Look at Southend for when an owner can't put the cash in and won't sell. We should be melting down.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2023 17:50

Getting rid of an owner is a long old road. But there's not many clubs who get to this point and recover with the same guy at the helm.

It may take a few years of protests, but we'll see the back of him eventually. And the fact it'll be a long road shouldn't discourage the attempt.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 21 Sep 2023 18:31

Snowflake Royal

Getting rid of an owner is a long old road. But there's not many clubs who get to this point and recover with the same guy at the helm.

It may take a few years of protests, but we'll see the back of him eventually. And the fact it'll be a long road shouldn't discourage the attempt.

I hope we can get him out, as the month to month uncertainty is a killer, but I am loving the football atm.

I do think that if we have a reasonably successful season and no more mishaps that the clamour to get him out will Dai down.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 21 Sep 2023 18:41

blythspartan
Snowflake Royal

I hope we can get him out, as the month to month uncertainty is a killer, but I am loving the football atm.

I do think that if we have a reasonably successful season and no more mishaps that the clamour to get him out will Dai down.

He's got to give us 18 months - 2 years of stability to regain trust. If he does that, this team and manager will probably be promoted next season. It may be that he's cleared in China and gets access to money back, but there is no trust in the bank.

The only come back example I can think of is Blackburn. Their owners were despised and took them from PL to L1. Allegedly they didn't even know relegation was possible when they bought them. They're now a relatively stable mid table Championship side. I can't think of any other owner who has been to the brink and turned it around.

939 posts