Potential New Owners

939 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Potential New Owners

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Jan 2024 12:37

Not to mention that the vast majority of those views are very obviously bots.

Do oxf*rd off Tedious Bobsworth.

More like Ten Rialsworth.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 04 Jan 2024 13:04

Well I for one, welcome fans from other clubs and thank them for their interest and support during this difficult time for RFC.

Don't let Mr Know-it-all, the HNA? bully give you a negative view of the wider fanbase, 10 Boobsworth.

Oh and Mcateer should've been sent off the cheating bastard.

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 04 Jan 2024 13:57

Orion1871 Well I for one, welcome fans from other clubs and thank them for their interest and support during this difficult time for RFC.

Don't let Mr Know-it-all, the HNA? bully give you a negative view of the wider fanbase, 10 Boobsworth.

Oh and Mcateer should've been sent off the cheating bastard.

At last! I always knew there was intelligent life in Reading. I talked to some of them at Wembley in 1995.

Anyway the thing is, when you have problems its always sensible to recognise that you're not the first, won't be the last and it helps to stay calm, understand what really has happened and think how others have dealt with the predicament they have found themselves in.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 04 Jan 2024 22:29

Just catching up on the last replies to this thread

Made me chuckle

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 04 Jan 2024 23:31

SouthDownsRoyal Just catching up on the last replies to this thread

Made me chuckle

That's good. I won't book you on the anger management course then.
Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on 05 Jan 2024 10:25, edited 1 time in total.

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 05 Jan 2024 10:15

No news on the PNO's. No surprise there.

I quite often turn to the thoughts of the late Eddie Davies. They included this:

'There are only 3 types of people ....those who can make things happen, those that watch things happen and those who don’t know what has happened!!'

I'm afraid that the last of the three sums up the overwhelming majority of contributors to Bolton Wanderers fans forums. Even worse, they don't want to know what happened.

Will the same picture emerge at Reading? Probably.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Jan 2024 10:18

Who is this fcuking "Bolton" twat?

Which one of our "hilarious" regular posters is it?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jan 2024 10:30

leon Who is this fcuking "Bolton" twat?

I don't think any of the regulars are up to the level of background research on Bolton needed.

I think he's just a tedious pcunt Bolton fans bullied off their forum, desperate for attention.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 05 Jan 2024 11:29

Ten Bobsworth

Made me chuckle

Cool.

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 05 Jan 2024 11:59

Snowflake Royal
leon Who is this fcuking "Bolton" twat?

I don't think any of the regulars are up to the level of background research on Bolton needed.

I think he's just a tedious pcunt Bolton fans bullied off their forum, desperate for attention.

You 'think', do you? That's a good 'un.

Anyway congrats on nearly 38,000 posts in not very long. I hope you are keeping up with your daily average 'thinking' time.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Jan 2024 12:10

Ignorance is bliss.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 05 Jan 2024 12:12

Just my ten bobs-worth for @Ten Bobsworth -

Would it be possible to start a new thread for all the posts about other teams who have gone through takeovers etc. and leave this one solely for details on "Potential New Owners" for Reading?

I'm sure some people are interested in reading about other teams/fans experiences, but not all, hence some of the posts above. By all means keep posting, just not on this thread.

Like others have said, we see a post on this thread, get all excited that Mike Ashley's big chopper has been seen again but then get all disappointed with the reality.

Thanks

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 05 Jan 2024 12:44

morganb Just my ten bobs-worth for @Ten Bobsworth -

Would it be possible to start a new thread for all the posts about other teams who have gone through takeovers etc. and leave this one solely for details on "Potential New Owners" for Reading?

I'm sure some people are interested in reading about other teams/fans experiences, but not all, hence some of the posts above. By all means keep posting, just not on this thread.

Like others have said, we see a post on this thread, get all excited that Mike Ashley's big chopper has been seen again but then get all disappointed with the reality.

Thanks

+1

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 05 Jan 2024 12:56

Thanks

I reckon he has a big chopper too. I doubt he’s seen it in a while though.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Jan 2024 14:01

Thanks

Ten Bobsworth .

Here ya go bud x
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=94689

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 05 Jan 2024 14:07

Thanks

Thank you for your interest and civility. The way I see it is that there are 37pages on this thread so far and very little of it has much to do with potential new owners. Its the way forums work.

In my experience there aren't many fans on footie forums interested in financial facts or financial realities but occasionally (its a rarity really) you do come across someone with a bit of knowledge or information that fits into the jigsaw.

Not found one yet on Hob Nob but there was an interesting character turned up on Wanderersways a few years back, posting under the name Howardroark. Howard was obviously getting inside/confidential information and had been publishing it on the website. It turned out that he was working for some London-based agency, allegedly instructed by an interested party believed to be Bahraini. Its unclear what they hoped to achieve by this but the general thrust seemed to be anti-Anderson.

This interest fizzled out and Howard was heard of no more but a Bahraini group later turned up as Wigan's owners. Wigan changed hands again last summer after the club was penalised for non-payment of wages.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Jan 2024 18:40

Ten Bobsworth

Thanks

Thank you for your interest and civility. The way I see it is that there are 37pages on this thread so far and very little of it has much to do with potential new owners. Its the way forums work.

In my experience there aren't many fans on footie forums interested in financial facts or financial realities but occasionally (its a rarity really) you do come across someone with a bit of knowledge or information that fits into the jigsaw.

Not found one yet on Hob Nob but there was an interesting character turned up on Wanderersways a few years back, posting under the name Howardroark. Howard was obviously getting inside/confidential information and had been publishing it on the website. It turned out that he was working for some London-based agency, allegedly instructed by an interested party believed to be Bahraini. Its unclear what they hoped to achieve by this but the general thrust seemed to be anti-Anderson.

This interest fizzled out and Howard was heard of no more but a Bahraini group later turned up as Wigan's owners. Wigan changed hands again last summer after the club was penalised for non-payment of wages.

Cnut off. No one is interested in you.

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 06 Jan 2024 13:01

SouthDownsRoyal
Ten Bobsworth

Made me chuckle

Cool.

I get your drift btw.

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 07 Jan 2024 11:02

Here we go, I just knew that there was intelligent life in Reading.
https://star-reading.org/wp-content/upl ... counts.pdf
I wonder if the guy that wrote this has ever thought of taking a look at Forest Green Rovers and how Dale Vince managed to fund FGR and buy and upkeep a £3m fortified mansion on his modest salary. There's some interesting stuff there for anyone who can find their way round a balance sheet.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 07 Jan 2024 12:14

Tl;dr.

What does it say, Bob, and why does it lead us to the pretty obvious conclusion that Ken and friends are the ideal leaders to bring the glory days back to Reading Football Club?

Also does it mention that Mcateer is a cheating little prick?

939 posts