Potential New Owners

939 posts
SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Potential New Owners

by SCIAG » 13 Jan 2024 20:16

Orion1871
Also where do you think Barack Obama was on 9/11?

Maybe if he'd been doing his job in the White House then the attacks wouldn't have happened.

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 13 Jan 2024 20:46

SCIAG
Orion1871

Maybe if he'd been doing his job in the White House then the attacks wouldn't have happened.

2001, not 2011. George W was in the chair.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2024 22:10

Stevie G
SCIAG
Orion1871

2001, not 2011. George W was in the chair.

I think you may have whooshed yourself there.

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 14 Jan 2024 08:57

Sutekh
Ten Bobsworth
karbota
Keep up the good work Bobsworth, them Wokies " don't like it up 'em !".

Not just nitwits and gobbins then? I thought so.
Robins Nest seems to be much of a muchness whilst Bolton Nuts has been suffocated by clueless airheads of a similar political persuasion.
Its owner, Sluffy, is a retired local government officer from Slough. He tries, bless him, but what he knows about business finance is what he's learned from me and he does have a habit of going up blind alleys and cul-de-sacs, relentlessly chasing red herrings and generally muddying the water.
Its a strange world, the world of footie forums.

Most of the hogwash that's been written about Bolton Wanderers over the years has had its origins in either the Bolton News or the Guardian with some assistance, if you can call it that, from Sam Allardyce and more recently Kieran Maguire.

16 Sep 23
Reading 2-1 Bolton Wanderers

We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when

You might be lucky to still be in business by Easter.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 14 Jan 2024 11:11

Ten Bobsworth
Sutekh
Ten Bobsworth Not just nitwits and gobbins then? I thought so.
Robins Nest seems to be much of a muchness whilst Bolton Nuts has been suffocated by clueless airheads of a similar political persuasion.
Its owner, Sluffy, is a retired local government officer from Slough. He tries, bless him, but what he knows about business finance is what he's learned from me and he does have a habit of going up blind alleys and cul-de-sacs, relentlessly chasing red herrings and generally muddying the water.
Its a strange world, the world of footie forums.

Most of the hogwash that's been written about Bolton Wanderers over the years has had its origins in either the Bolton News or the Guardian with some assistance, if you can call it that, from Sam Allardyce and more recently Kieran Maguire.

16 Sep 23

We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when

We will be OK if we can entice Sir John and Parky back (best-ever manager at Bolton?)

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 14 Jan 2024 11:24

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 14 Jan 2024 11:52

karbota
Ten Bobsworth
Sutekh
16 Sep 23

We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when

We will be OK if we can entice Sir John and Parky back (best-ever manager at Bolton?)

(Sir) John McGinlay never did get a knighthood or play for Reading but he did play against Reading, at Wembley iirc.
As for best-ever manager, Bill Ridding probably. We havent won a major trophy since he retired in 1968 and he signed Eddie Hopkinson, Frannie Lee, Freddie Hill and Wyn Davies, the first three of them for £30 in total.
I know you really mean Sir John Madejski. How did he ever get a knighthood? He seems such a decent bloke.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 14 Jan 2024 12:08

Course it was better back then cos they weren't no foreigners in the team.

Glad I could bring you two together. Knew you'd be fast friends. Gives you both someone to talk to now all those people have put you both on ignore.

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 14 Jan 2024 13:07

Orion1871 Course it was better back then cos they weren't no foreigners in the team.

Glad I could bring you two together. Knew you'd be fast friends. Gives you both someone to talk to now all those people have put you both on ignore.

You seem to be jumping to a few conclusions, old bean.
I haven't got where I am today by jumping to conclusions.

We'd a few foreign players in our team in 1995 you might recall. Mixu Paatelainen and Fabian de Freitas scored three of our four goals between them whilst Gudni Bergsson remains a Wanderers legend. The Icelandics are especially well regarded in Bowton.

We haven't had foreign owners yet. Southerners yes, but foreigners no, apart from the mysterious Swiss lot who have been buying up shares over the past couple of years.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 14 Jan 2024 13:24

Wouldn't have scored any goals if that cheating ref had sent McAteer off, Bob.

Since Obama and Ken Anderson let the world down by failing to stop 9/11 and Ken followed it up by failing to takeover Reading FC from Dai Yonnge I'm surprised you are still around, defending Ken, but at least you now have a friend for life in Karbo.

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 14 Jan 2024 15:08

Orion1871 Wouldn't have scored any goals if that cheating ref had sent McAteer off, Bob.

Since Obama and Ken Anderson let the world down by failing to stop 9/11 and Ken followed it up by failing to takeover Reading FC from Dai Yonnge I'm surprised you are still around, defending Ken, but at least you now have a friend for life in Karbo.

I can understand your disappointment, old chap, but you do need to get over it.
Reading supporter I talked to after the match thought that we were better prepared for the Premiership. I wasn't so sure about that and we did get relegated the following season.
As for Ken, its more a matter of understanding than defending but I could guarantee that you could ask a hundred Bolton supporters what really happened in 2016 and you would be lucky to find one that understood it.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 14 Jan 2024 15:13

Orion1871 Course it was better back then cos they weren't no foreigners in the team.

Wow, A Road to Damascus moment, you are nearly right, in our record-breaking 106 season we had a British owner, a British manager, British training staff, and a majority British squad.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Jan 2024 16:36

karbota

Wow, A Road to Damascus moment, you are nearly right, in our record-breaking 106 season we had a British owner, a British manager, British training staff, and a majority British squad.

And those not British were mainly American, Irish or Scandinavian which is just as good :?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 14 Jan 2024 16:44

This great British team that had 2 Americans, 2 Irish, 1 Icelandic and one Senegalese player in it's starting 11.

Plus an Irishman, an Icelander and a Congolese refugee on the bench.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 14 Jan 2024 17:40

From Despair To Where? This great British team that had 2 Americans, 2 Irish, 1 Icelandic and one Senegalese player in it's starting 11.

Karbo doesn't mind the white ones.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 14 Jan 2024 18:02

So, let's say that yesterday's protest has convinced Dai to sell, the next step is to find/convince someone to buy us.

Is there anything we fans can do to help find a buyer?

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 14 Jan 2024 20:31

From Despair To Where? This great British team that had 2 Americans, 2 Irish, 1 Icelandic and one Senegalese player in it's starting 11.

The last time I looked at a map the island of Ireland was part of the British Isles, plus all Irish citizens of that period would have been entitled to British passports (Granny rules), plus you Wokies are always telling me the Scots the Irish and the Welsh are the real Brits.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 14 Jan 2024 20:34

Sutekh
karbota

And those not British were mainly American or Scandinavian which is not quite as good :?

CFY.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Jan 2024 07:38

morganb So, let's say that yesterday's protest has convinced Dai to sell, the next step is to find/convince someone to buy us.

I believe the SBWD group have had multiple informal conversations with potential buyers for the club, not sure what else could be done to unearth someone crazy enough to want to deal with Dai.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Jan 2024 08:20

morganb So, let's say that yesterday's protest has convinced Dai to sell, the next step is to find/convince someone to buy us.

Postings on Ebay? Etsy? Gumtree?

939 posts