Jared Dublin to Stoke

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Jared Dublin to Stoke

by Royal_jimmy » 12 Jun 2023 18:35

I'm just fed up with this whole situation and how badly the clubs been run and the disconnect with the supporters.

1) No communication since relegation
2) Still no manager despite heavy links
3) Our head scout leaving
4) Players who have left and the club hasn't confirmed it

Fans should be asking questions. I don't think it is impatience either. Pre-season is 2 weeks away and the new season is 7 weeks away. Doesn't look like anything is happening.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jun 2023 19:52

I’m sure we’ll have some announcements and news soon. Think people just wind each other up on Twitter etc. the stuff about no statement about relegation is the biggest load of nonsense out there. Since when did it become a thing for a club to ‘make a statement’ after going down and what are we expecting to hear? Some platitudes about how everyone working hard to go back up, disappointing for the fans, vow to build back stronger etc…pointless nonsense, who cares? I wouldn’t even read it.

Would like to see a manager in place though but sure there’s a very good reason it’s not been confirmed. We’ve obviously been working on and with Wilder and Jones, two names I didn’t think we’d have a chance for

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 12 Jun 2023 19:59

Yeah it's not exactly great news and it also doesn't bring any optimism towards the start of pre-season either. Obviously time to get a head of scouting in place as well as a manager and we've still got time before pre-season starts as well. But at the moment, it seems as if Bowen has his work cut out.

At least if this deal does go ahead, Dublin isn't to blame for any poor signings at least.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Jun 2023 22:28

I'll make the statement for the club about relegation right here.

We got relegated. We've got a lot of work to do. Our goal is to rebuild, get promoted and get back to challenging at the top half of the Championship.

Fin.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Jun 2023 09:04

It's not ideal but the bloke looks to have been offered a promotion at a higher placed club. Also factor in location, he has generally worked in the North and may be that he has family/partner still living there or not settled in Reading so a move back to a similar area may be better for him/them.

Also and I can't stress this enough as it is quite important - whilst a blow - Dublin is not Head of Recuruitment, he is/was Head of Scouting - which is a distinction that is key. He currently works under our Head of Recruitment - Brian Carey. So hopefully, unless Carey walks too, we should be able to function without Dublin ok whilst we fund a replacement as Carey will be guiding that whole portion of the strategy and recruitment in general.

Never surprised to see people lose their shit without knowing details of the actual structure of the club. Again it's a blow esp with the unfortunate circumstances seeing Bowen out as well.

On Strings

by On Strings » 26 Jun 2023 10:19

Confrimed to Stoke.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Jun 2023 10:32

leon
Orion1871
leon the club seems to be in absolute chaos at the moment. We need a manager in place,

No, everything is fine. The people on here who are so eager to show how "sensible" they are and that anyone who disagrees is just an overeacting idiot are all saying that nothing is wrong. Despite all the evidence over the last 5-10 years of incompetence from top to bottom providing plenty of evidence to the contrary.

and yet previously the same poster was telling us how terrible we were. It's like disagreeing with people is what he lives for.

I hope you guys aren't talking about Eristic Ian.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Jun 2023 10:35

On Strings Confrimed to Stoke.

Fair enough and good luck to him. Of the Bowen, Carey, Dublin triangle, he is probably the corner that is easiest to replace - still not ideal but in terms of summer recruitment, a lot of the anaylsis work will have already been done.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 26 Jun 2023 10:55

Obviously not ideal, but not a nightmare.

Of much bigger concern is that Bowen and Carey are unable to do their job properly because of Board room chaos and EFL restrictions.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 Jun 2023 11:05

Millsy
leon
Orion1871
No, everything is fine. The people on here who are so eager to show how "sensible" they are and that anyone who disagrees is just an overeacting idiot are all saying that nothing is wrong. Despite all the evidence over the last 5-10 years of incompetence from top to bottom providing plenty of evidence to the contrary.

and yet previously the same poster was telling us how terrible we were. It's like disagreeing with people is what he lives for.

Wristic more like!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Jun 2023 11:09

leon
Millsy
leon

Wristic more like!

Very good :)

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 26 Jun 2023 11:20

I understand it and I'll begrudgingly not pin blame on Dai for this one, Stoke are being very ambitious, they seemingly are pushing FFP as fair as they can and judging how they sold their stadium to the owner for an exorbitant amount, seem much better than us at using loopholes to skirt around breaching the limits. As I've seen pointed out it's also a promotion and undoubtedly a higher salary to a team in a now higher division.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 26 Jun 2023 11:26

Yeah I don't think anyone* can lay any blame at anyone's door for this one.

Man takes new job with promotion and bigger salary, more at 11.

*Obviously there will be loads of people moaning on twitter.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 26 Jun 2023 11:38

Big shame really, hopefully he can be replaced. Just need Dai to be gone next

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 26 Jun 2023 11:42

Struggle to care that much. There are much bigger things to worry about right now.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Jun 2023 11:55

Guess it was hardly the ideal role for him here when the EFL didn’t let us sign anyone anyway

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 26 Jun 2023 14:01

Hound Guess it was hardly the ideal role for him here when the EFL didn’t let us sign anyone anyway

Probably a big reason why he left, Stoke aren't exactly a much bigger club than us. If there were no restrictions transfer wise he could get a higher stock with us getting us up to the championship and then maybe the premier league than just getting Stoke up.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Jun 2023 14:28

Royal_jimmy
Hound Guess it was hardly the ideal role for him here when the EFL didn’t let us sign anyone anyway

Probably a big reason why he left, Stoke aren't exactly a much bigger club than us. If there were no restrictions transfer wise he could get a higher stock with us getting us up to the championship and then maybe the premier league than just getting Stoke up.

I mean, they are though, aren't they?

Would be funny if they got stung by FFP as well though, as they seem to have been taking the piss with no repercussions.

On Strings

by On Strings » 26 Jun 2023 14:55

Dublin - "I want to work within an environment with the scope and ambition to recruit in a way that really builds for the future..."

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Jun 2023 15:38

Pepe the Horseman
Royal_jimmy

I mean, they are though, aren't they?

Would be funny if they got stung by FFP as well though, as they seem to have been taking the piss with no repercussions.

They’re a pretty big club. Grinds that they seem to have found an FFP loophole though. Not a club I’ve a lot of time for tbh and hope they continue to flounder in low mid table