RMOUR - Esneyder Mena

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

RMOUR - Esneyder Mena

by CountryRoyal » 22 Jun 2023 19:46

Colombian rb/rm 25 yo with next to no chance for a work permit.

What a club we are.

Crowbar6753

Re: RMOUR - Esneyder Mena

by Crowbar6753 » 22 Jun 2023 20:12

CountryRoyal Colombian rb/rm 25 yo with next to no chance for a work permit.

What a club we are.

"Howdy" Country Royal, i might be wrong here, but i recently read somewhere this last week that the rules on signing foreign players have been relaxed in the EFL.
However, not sure if it related to work permit restrictions or the number of foreign players allowed. So maybe, just maybe we could get this guy.
He does have a decent review on "Transfer Markt'

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 22 Jun 2023 20:16

Our record with South American players is also sketchy to say the least!! who was that chap we got from Peru who was by all accounts a good player that just didn't work out for us!!
I cannot remember any other South Americans who have played for us.

Rusty royal

by Rusty royal » 22 Jun 2023 20:26

Crowbar6753 Our record with South American players is also sketchy to say the least!! who was that chap we got from Peru who was by all accounts a good player that just didn't work out for us!!

De La Cruz
Hurtardo

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 22 Jun 2023 20:34

Any talk of player signings seems a bit fanciful right now . . . .

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Jun 2023 20:42

I'm calling bullshit on this one because the the other big scoop from the Twitter source this originates from is Lyndon Dykes to Wolves

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Jun 2023 21:08

Very random

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 22 Jun 2023 21:19

What a club we are.

Have no idea if this is true of course, but the legalities are more straightforward than they used to be. He basically needs 15 points.

Colombian top flight is a Band 4 competition, so that’s 6 points immediately. Apparently he played 69% of his team’s league minutes last season, so that is another 3 - let’s say it was actually 70% to be generous and give him 4 points.

As far as I can tell, his side finished seventh, too low for the continental competitions, so he gets no points for that. He has no caps, so no points for that. And they didn’t play in continental competition last season, so no points for that.

So to get permission to play here, the club would need to convince the FA that he is an exception who would make a large impact upon the game. In theory a League One side can still sign such players, but I will leave it up to you to imagine if the FA would accept that argument coming from a League One side under a transfer embargo.
Crowbar6753 Our record with South American players is also sketchy to say the least!! who was that chap we got from Peru who was by all accounts a good player that just didn't work out for us!!

You’re thinking of Hurtado.

I would say De La Cruz, Martinez, and Rafael were successes.

Piazon, Hurtado, Boye, and Araruna were failures. Three of them utterly pitiful. Piazon looks successful next to them.

But it seems slightly silly to judge players on their nationality, and moreso their continent. Otherwise we’d sign a load of Indonesians because Seol and Al-Habsi were good.

Ricardo

by Ricardo » 22 Jun 2023 21:49

Some of you lot need to give your heads a wobble.
The club is in no position to sign anyone now or possibly in the near future at the moment.
The club need to first make sure they are still in business when the season starts especially now they are in trouble with HMRC.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 22 Jun 2023 23:09

SCIAG

What a club we are.

Have no idea if this is true of course, but the legalities are more straightforward than they used to be. He basically needs 15 points.

Colombian top flight is a Band 4 competition, so that’s 6 points immediately. Apparently he played 69% of his team’s league minutes last season, so that is another 3 - let’s say it was actually 70% to be generous and give him 4 points.

As far as I can tell, his side finished seventh, too low for the continental competitions, so he gets no points for that. He has no caps, so no points for that. And they didn’t play in continental competition last season, so no points for that.

So to get permission to play here, the club would need to convince the FA that he is an exception who would make a large impact upon the game. In theory a League One side can still sign such players, but I will leave it up to you to imagine if the FA would accept that argument coming from a League One side under a transfer embargo.

Piazon, Hurtado, Boye, and Araruna were failures. Three of them utterly pitiful. Piazon looks successful next to them.

But it seems slightly silly to judge players on their nationality, and moreso their continent. Otherwise we’d sign a load of Indonesians because Seol and Al-Habsi were good.

Neither Seol or AL-Habsi were Indonesians HTH

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 22 Jun 2023 23:53

72 bus
SCIAG But it seems slightly silly to judge players on their nationality, and moreso their continent. Otherwise we’d sign a load of Indonesians because Seol and Al-Habsi were good.

Indonesia is in Asia, right?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Jun 2023 01:34

72 bus
SCIAG

What a club we are.

In fairness South Korea isn’t THAT far and Indonesia has the most Muslims in the world.

Where was al habsi from anyway, Oman?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Jun 2023 01:36

Horsham Royal
72 bus
SCIAG But it seems slightly silly to judge players on their nationality, and moreso their continent. Otherwise we’d sign a load of Indonesians because Seol and Al-Habsi were good.

Yeah that’s a whoosh there.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Jun 2023 01:37

Horsham Royal
72 bus

Yeah that’s a whoosh.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Jun 2023 08:01

If he was any good he'd be at Brentford or Brighton.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Jun 2023 21:45

Work permit rules have changed. A club can sign upto 4 players from abroad and they won't need a permit.

MM

by MM » 24 Jun 2023 11:54

We were also linked with this player in the summer of 2021. I'm sure those of you with time on their hands can find the thread.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 24 Jun 2023 12:36

Some randomer in Twitter says:

https://twitter.com/Gonzterboy/status/1 ... 4636764162

Update: Esneyder Mena is Off for Reading FC, America de Cali Directives are not convinced with the package that Reading FC offered, Mark Bowen was optimistic to pull the deal off despite the interest of 2 Mexican Clubs.

Mazatlan FC is set to do an offer way more attractive for both parts club and player #readingfc #Mazatlan #LeagueOne

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Jun 2023 16:21

morganb Some randomer in Twitter says:

https://twitter.com/Gonzterboy/status/1 ... 4636764162

Update: Esneyder Mena is Off for Reading FC, America de Cali Directives are not convinced with the package that Reading FC offered, Mark Bowen was optimistic to pull the deal off despite the interest of 2 Mexican Clubs.

Mazatlan FC is set to do an offer way more attractive for both parts club and player #readingfc #Mazatlan #LeagueOne

Oh what a surprise, never going to come here anyway.

Hoping that at some point Reading might be able to join in with the general normal realistic rumours even though they won't sign anyone until there's no one left but the too cr@p and/or old and/or broken.

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1