Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Tom Rogic

by SouthDownsRoyal » 24 Jul 2023 10:02

This would be a great signing.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Jul 2023 10:09

Reading were after him over a decade ago, wonder if they'll get him this time now he's a free agent. 6'2" and still only 30 so certainly worth another look. Attacking Midfielder last with WBA.

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 24 Jul 2023 10:10

And he chose Rangers over us then....

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 24 Jul 2023 10:10

MartinRdg And he chose Rangers over us then....

Celtic :wink:

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 24 Jul 2023 10:22

Clyde1998
MartinRdg And he chose Rangers over us then....

Celtic :wink:

Ah - yes of course. Knew it was somewhere over the border :wink:

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 24 Jul 2023 11:38

If we sign the players we’re being linked to, dare I say, someone will need to start a PROMOTION thread. It’ll make a nice change to the relegation doom and gloom over the last few years.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Jul 2023 11:50

blythspartan If we sign the players we’re being linked to, dare I say, someone will need to start a PROMOTION thread. It’ll make a nice change to the relegation doom and gloom over the last few years.

NO!!!!!!

No fcuking Promotion thread, please, at least not until April.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 24 Jul 2023 12:01

From Despair To Where?
blythspartan If we sign the players we’re being linked to, dare I say, someone will need to start a PROMOTION thread. It’ll make a nice change to the relegation doom and gloom over the last few years.

NO!!!!!!

No fcuking Promotion thread, please, at least not until April.

Fair comment, but we might be promoted before April, lol.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Jul 2023 12:06

I think my main objection is that 2 weeks ago, people were predicting the death of the club and how everything is shit. We've signed 4 league 1 players from last season and we're suddenly the dog's bollocks

Basically I'm saying things are never as bad or as good as they look (2005-07 excepted).

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 24 Jul 2023 12:23

From Despair To Where? I think my main objection is that 2 weeks ago, people were predicting the death of the club and how everything is shit. We've signed 4 league 1 players from last season and we're suddenly the dog's bollocks

Basically I'm saying things are never as bad or as good as they look (2005-07 excepted).

I agree tbf, I am just trying to be positive after all the crap we’ve had to endure over the last few years. Fingers crossed that next season is much more enjoyable and entertaining.

I have wondered if Dai has secured some further investment that we don’t know about yet. If I was Robbie Savage I would have been asking lots of probing questions and wanting some serious reassurance before advising my son to join the club.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jul 2023 12:24

Yeah and likewise number of signings doesn’t equal success

I’d say that so far the signings are ones that I think are pretty sensible though. Smith, Knibbs and Wing all performed in L1 last year. Savage is genuinely rated (unlike someone like Fornah or TDB for example) but again that’s no real guarantee of success

We’re on the right track for a solid season if we can sort the defence out I think, seem to have midfielders coming out of our ears now

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 24 Jul 2023 12:26

Massive yes from me this guy is pure quality.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Jul 2023 12:34

Hound Yeah and likewise number of signings doesn’t equal success

I’d say that so far the signings are ones that I think are pretty sensible though. Smith, Knibbs and Wing all performed in L1 last year. Savage is genuinely rated (unlike someone like Fornah or TDB for example) but again that’s no real guarantee of success

We’re on the right track for a solid season if we can sort the defence out I think, seem to have midfielders coming out of our ears now

I agree, I think the business done so far has been excellent, not just in the individuals signed but in obvious targetting of positions of need but let's not as fans get ahead of ourselves.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 24 Jul 2023 12:43

Hound Yeah and likewise number of signings doesn’t equal success

And also that we've signed sought after players. Wing and Savage both apparently had Championship interest. Our recent issues are well documented, so I assume that any target who actively chose us sought assurances that we are turning the corner. Bowen doesn't strike me as a car salesman in that regard.

The way I see it, Dai and Pang need to provide the funds, run the boring side of the business competently and let Bowen do his job on the footballing side. Do that and we're well set up. But I have 6 years' worth of skepticism - give me 18 money without off pitch drama and then I'll start believing.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jul 2023 12:53

Yeah basically that. Just provide enough funds to tick the club over and let Bowen and Carey sort the rest

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 24 Jul 2023 13:28

The signings sound good on paper but it doesn't mean they'll be successful

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jul 2023 17:34

Royal_jimmy

No! Really!?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 24 Jul 2023 22:11

Snowflake Royal
Royal_jimmy

No! Really!?

LOL

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Jul 2023 01:09

Royal_jimmy

Jizz Horncamp sounds fcuking awful on paper but you'd wet yourself if we signed him.