Arsenal looking at Vickers and Bindon

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Arsenal looking at Vickers and Bindon

by Royal_jimmy » 19 Sep 2023 17:40

WestYorksRoyal Firstly, people are reading too much into this. I would expect PL teams to be scouting this competition and it is a game between 2 teams with a track record of youth development.

Secondly, selling on the likes of Vickers and Binden is exactly what we should be doing. Just make sure we have contracts that protect their value and help us get a good fee.

This. Should be selling them for huge money

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 19 Sep 2023 17:41

Hound Not sure what options we have at the moment financially but we should be reviewing the contracts of Abbey, Binden, Ehibhatiomhan and Vickers as top priority

Each should be getting 4 year contracts on 4k a week

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 19 Sep 2023 21:25

Yeah not bothered who looks at them, we know there is a possibility they outgrow us and the division. Providing we can tie them down to decent deals and get a good fee, instalments, sell on percentage etc then we've done well.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 20 Sep 2023 19:29

I hope we can get Vickers on a long term deal, as he could end up being another Michael Olise.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Sep 2023 19:48

Royal_jimmy I hope we can get Vickers on a long term deal, as he could end up being another Michael Olise.

Depends where he wants to develop his career, wouldn`t have thought he will be knocking on the Arsenal first team door for at least 4 or 5 years if at all, they will probably ship him out on loan.
Or he can stay here and get plenty of first team opportunities, hope he`s taking good advise from his parents. a new contract with a big release clause, everybody wins.

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 21 Sep 2023 09:45

All the top PL clubs have scouts left right and centre so not sure this is anything "different". Only a few games in anyway, form will come and go, players will come under the spotlight at times but I don't see any of them going anywhere anytime soon personally.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Sep 2023 10:37

They do, which I suppose why it was slightly interesting that this one actually got reported. Not sure who’s have told the reporter but someone did

dontbedaft

by dontbedaft » 27 Sep 2023 20:53

Not sure who’s have told the reporter but someone did

Probably an agent

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 09 Dec 2023 19:16

Real Madrid after Vickers, £1m plus sell on

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Dec 2023 19:37

Along with Leicester, Norwich, Arsenal and Celtic apparently

Can’t see him being here after Jan

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 09 Dec 2023 21:22

Mid Sussex Royal Real Madrid after Vickers, £1m plus sell on

The "Sell on" is the important factor here!! However, i would rather him go to another club if possible. We really need Real Madrid to be buying him as his move after this one to get the best out of the sell on clause.

Lets face it, Real Madrid are probably the most desirable team in the world and probably the move you want at your peak, not early on in your career.
Celtic would be a great move! its an easy league and a great chance to showcase your skills, spend 2/3 seasons there and then hit a dream move for big bucks giving us the big pay day we need.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 10 Dec 2023 08:52

Crowbar6753

The "Sell on" is the important factor here!! However, i would rather him go to another club if possible. We really need Real Madrid to be buying him as his move after this one to get the best out of the sell on clause.

Lets face it, Real Madrid are probably the most desirable team in the world and probably the move you want at your peak, not early on in your career.
Celtic would be a great move! its an easy league and a great chance to showcase your skills, spend 2/3 seasons there and then hit a dream move for big bucks giving us the big pay day we need.

£1m + 30% sell on clause please. Not that I want Vickers gone but we need money badly.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 10 Dec 2023 09:08

Royal_jimmy
Crowbar6753

£1m + 30% sell on clause please. Not that I want Vickers gone but we need money badly.

We need help with the day to day running costs, but any fee would really just go into reducing Dai Yongge's debt, and would be of no benefit to the club if we assume Dai will write off the rest of the debt after he sells.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Dec 2023 12:42

Ideally, the buyout gets back on track for early new year, and this transfer (and any others) goes through mid to late January.

It wouldn't surprise me if the delays to the deal and Dai allegedly moving the goal posts is from him trying to negotiate up the price after we won a couple of games and hold on to pocket January transfer fees on top of the sale price. Especially seeing as he's already not having to pay large slices of wages and tax because SCL are paying them for him.

It's just the sort of moronic gamble he might try

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 10 Dec 2023 13:09

Crowbar6753

Celtic would be the best move for him out of the clubs mentioned. He'd certainly be getting opportunities in the first team, whilst playing in a league where he have plenty of attacking opportunities; a lot of European clubs are starting to take notice of talent in the Scottish league, so he'd certainly have the ability to move somewhere else in a few years if he performs well.

Would be good for the club if there ended up being a bidding war for him though.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Dec 2023 13:11

Celtic can't afford to compete with the other clubs on wages though.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Dec 2023 22:21

They can offer him a clear pathway to 1st team football which may be worth more to him in the short term than an extra £5k a week.

Matt O'Riley is bossing their midfield and they signed him from MK Dons last year. He's just signed a new contract that tripled his wages and he's now a full international. He'll be back in the EPL on £60k+ a week in 18 months having won trophies and played European football.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Dec 2023 23:22

From Despair To Where? They can offer him a clear pathway to 1st team football which may be worth more to him in the short term than an extra £5k a week.

Matt O'Riley is bossing their midfield and they signed him from MK Dons last year. He's just signed a new contract that tripled his wages and he's now a full international. He'll be back in the EPL on £60k+ a week in 18 months having won trophies and played European football.

Were Arsenal, Real Madrid and whoever else interested in him?

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 11 Dec 2023 05:46

You could also say that the Real Madrid system produces a lot of top flight players, even if they don't make their first team. Our friend Alex Fernandez is an example of a player who has gone on to have a career in La Liga despite not making it as a Real player. His brother Nacho came through their system and has had a career as an extremely valuable squad member in multiple CL winning campaigns.

If the interest is genuine, I have my doubts if the S*n is reporting it, he would likely still be playing mens football as well because B teams over there play in the lower leagues. They aren't signing Galacticos any more, they're looking to buy young promising players and develop them. They're having quite a bit of success at it as well with Camavinga, Vinicius, Rodrygo, Valverde, amongst others.

Arsenal have a good system that has produced players for their first team both in the past and currently with Nketiah, Smith-Rowe, and Saka. So it's not like they don't have a pathway to success either.

Bit lazy to say the Celtic is clearly a better option.
Last edited by Orion1871 on 11 Dec 2023 14:53, edited 1 time in total.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 11 Dec 2023 07:14

Is Vickers at the same level as any of those named players? Apart from Nketiah, they all made their international debuts as teenagers. Camavinga, Vinicius and Rodrigo cost Real €120m.