Worst case scenario

Crowbar6753

Re: Worst case scenario

by Crowbar6753 » 31 Oct 2023 18:51

Will you guys shut up about food please!! I'm stuck in my office over here in Canada and i love and totally miss all the food just mentioned and my stomach is now officially "Rumbling like fu-k!!!) Thanks :D

For what it's worth "Scotch Egg & Branston Pickle" !!!!!!!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 Oct 2023 20:03

KFORG

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Nov 2023 13:31

Crowbar6753 Will you guys shut up about food please!! I'm stuck in my office over here in Canada and i love and totally miss all the food just mentioned and my stomach is now officially "Rumbling like fu-k!!!) Thanks :D

I'm home for the week and just had this

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Nov 2023 13:36

Pepe the Horseman
Crowbar6753 Will you guys shut up about food please!! I'm stuck in my office over here in Canada and i love and totally miss all the food just mentioned and my stomach is now officially "Rumbling like fu-k!!!) Thanks :D

Bacon's a bit fatty.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Nov 2023 13:38

Sutekh
Pepe the Horseman

Bacon's a bit fatty.

Yeh, cut all that off.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 01 Nov 2023 22:49

YorkshireRoyal99 Worst case scenario is liquidation, although don't most clubs in those circumstances just restart up again? Who was the last team to not do that? OP has mentioned Telford, but other Non League clubs like Hereford, Darlington and Halifax all started as phoenix clubs, so I suspect we'd do the same, although again, I'd say we are still lightyears away from that scenario anyway, we will find a buyer administration or not.

Retaining the use of the stadium, or being able to use a suitable stadium nearby, does seem very important.

Lose the SCL and we are looking at wholly unsuitable venues (Scours Lane or Palmer Park) or maybe having to share at Maidenhead.

The most awkward route was taken by Newport County, have to play in England for a few years. They did get back to Somerton Park, briefly, but then had to decamp to the crap Spytty Park, before Rodney Parade became available.

The club would survive, but we'd be waiting for a rich new owner to come along and build us a stadium back in Reading, before we could properly progress.

As for a cooked breakfast "worst case scenario", it would having one in an East Asian hotel. "Lukewarm and rubbery" would describe every item served.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 02 Nov 2023 13:04

Could we get our own Ryan Reynolds if we have to become a phoenix? Must be a great TV series in there for a club starting from the very bottom.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 02 Nov 2023 13:07

tmesis Retaining the use of the stadium, or being able to use a suitable stadium nearby, does seem very important.

Lose the SCL and we are looking at wholly unsuitable venues (Scours Lane or Palmer Park) or maybe having to share at Maidenhead.

The most awkward route was taken by Newport County, have to play in England for a few years. They did get back to Somerton Park, briefly, but then had to decamp to the crap Spytty Park, before Rodney Parade became available.

The club would survive, but we'd be waiting for a rich new owner to come along and build us a stadium back in Reading, before we could properly progress.

Slightly similar scenario with Oxford. Their lease at the Kassam ends in 2026, so they've got 3 years to build a new stadium elsewhere. They've now got a 16,000-capacity stadium, hotel, conference centre etc approved in Kidlington. How are they funding that? But it shows it could be possible for us to survive should Dai play hardball with the SCL.

On a related note, wonder what legal avenues there are for Select Car Leasing should RFC not be able to play at the stadium that bears their name? Presumably their 10-year stadium sponsorship was on the basis that RFC played there?

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 02 Nov 2023 15:28

Whore Jackie
tmesis Retaining the use of the stadium, or being able to use a suitable stadium nearby, does seem very important.

Slightly similar scenario with Oxford. Their lease at the Kassam ends in 2026, so they've got 3 years to build a new stadium elsewhere. They've now got a 16,000-capacity stadium, hotel, conference centre etc approved in Kidlington. How are they funding that? But it shows it could be possible for us to survive should Dai play hardball with the SCL.

On a related note, wonder what legal avenues there are for Select Car Leasing should RFC not be able to play at the stadium that bears their name? Presumably their 10-year stadium sponsorship was on the basis that RFC played there?

Oxford are funding the stadium because their owners are paying for it.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 05 Dec 2023 18:41

AFC Wimbledon have the record for fastest promotion from the bottom to L2 in 9 years. So 8 should be our target, which would mean 2032 if we start next year.

Who would be involved? Surely we could pull McDermott's emotional heartstrings? Perhaps Murty as manager; I know it didn't work out at Rangers but worth a chance in the 9th tier. Or Scott Davies is currently a player manager in Slough. We could team up with Kits' academy project too. Has Curo hung up his boots yet?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Dec 2023 22:09

WestYorksRoyal AFC Wimbledon have the record for fastest promotion from the bottom to L2 in 9 years. So 8 should be our target, which would mean 2032 if we start next year.

Who would be involved? Surely we could pull McDermott's emotional heartstrings? Perhaps Murty as manager; I know it didn't work out at Rangers but worth a chance in the 9th tier. Or Scott Davies is currently a player manager in Slough. We could team up with Kits' academy project too. Has Curo hung up his boots yet?

The Combined Counties League could be the reset we need.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 05 Dec 2023 22:55

Pepe the Horseman
WestYorksRoyal AFC Wimbledon have the record for fastest promotion from the bottom to L2 in 9 years. So 8 should be our target, which would mean 2032 if we start next year.

The Combined Counties League could be the reset we need.

It would be a good step back for Holmes, Mola and Carson in their development. Bet we still concede from a few 90th minute corners though.