Rumour - Charles Sagoe Jr

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Rumour - Charles Sagoe Jr

by Stranded » 22 Dec 2023 06:26

Apparently we are interested om taking him on loan.

Arsenal U21 player, plays predominantly as a left winger but can play across the front.

Believe he played against us in the Trophy but don't remember him if so.

Position we need strengthening.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rumour - Charles Sagoe Jr

by Sutekh » 22 Dec 2023 07:43

Rather have a rice pudding

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Dec 2023 08:22

If all we can manage is freebie U21s with no experience let's just stick with what we have and build up our own players' experience ffs.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Dec 2023 08:45

Yeah agreed, just play Camara there. Or Tuma

Slight caveat that if Arsenal will give him to us for free and pay his wages with no stipulations on him playing then not totally against having another body there

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 22 Dec 2023 10:15

Don't remember him for the U21 game so he didn't make a lasting impression, I suppose that doesn't make him a poor player though. Only relying on what Arsenal fans say about him, only read a couple of fleeting comments who said he's quite talented but might not make it at them. Adds a bit of depth to our squad if nothing else and hopefully he could have an impact.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Dec 2023 11:27

Barnsley, Charlton and Millwall also after him apparently.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Dec 2023 14:44

If better teams are interested in him, I can only see him coming here if we guarantee game time.

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 22 Dec 2023 16:36

From Despair To Where? If better teams are interested in him, I can only see him coming here if we guarantee game time.

Which we don't really want as, allegedly, we have had loans with that stipulation before and had to keep starting the players when there were better players on the bench.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Dec 2023 19:37

YorkshireRoyal99 Don't remember him for the U21 game so he didn't make a lasting impression, I suppose that doesn't make him a poor player though. Only relying on what Arsenal fans say about him, only read a couple of fleeting comments who said he's quite talented but might not make it at them. Adds a bit of depth to our squad if nothing else and hopefully he could have an impact.

Depth is basically the one thing we don't need.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Dec 2023 19:38

MartinRdg
From Despair To Where? If better teams are interested in him, I can only see him coming here if we guarantee game time.

Which we don't really want as, allegedly, we have had loans with that stipulation before and had to keep starting the players when there were better players on the bench.

We should never, ever agree to a loan on that basis.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 23 Dec 2023 14:05

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99 Don't remember him for the U21 game so he didn't make a lasting impression, I suppose that doesn't make him a poor player though. Only relying on what Arsenal fans say about him, only read a couple of fleeting comments who said he's quite talented but might not make it at them. Adds a bit of depth to our squad if nothing else and hopefully he could have an impact.

We don’t have that much in the wider areas, one injury to Azeez and we’ve got no wide player on the right.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Dec 2023 14:23

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal

We don’t have that much in the wider areas, one injury to Azeez and we’ve got no wide player on the right.

I'm not a massive fan of Elliott or Rushesha on right wing. But both have played there this season. In fact I think it's where Elliott has featured most.

Similarly, I'm not a fan of Vickers on the left but he has played wide, and whilst he's better centrally, he is certainly capable of playing wide right.

Then there's Camara. Yiadom could certainly do a job there, he's an attacking full back / wing back. Knibbs can play across the front three behind the striker.

So what you're saying isn't even remotely accurate. We do have plenty of depth there. It's not great strength in that depth. But neither is someone else's U21 with even less experience.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Dec 2023 14:26

Reminds me of Sammy Igoe.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 23 Dec 2023 15:57

Millsy Reminds me of Sammy Igoe.

Assumed he was an obscure US based billionaire attempting to buy the club.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 26 Dec 2023 15:57

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal Depth is basically the one thing we don't need.

I'm not a massive fan of Elliott or Rushesha on right wing. But both have played there this season. In fact I think it's where Elliott has featured most.

Similarly, I'm not a fan of Vickers on the left but he has played wide, and whilst he's better centrally, he is certainly capable of playing wide right.

Then there's Camara. Yiadom could certainly do a job there, he's an attacking full back / wing back. Knibbs can play across the front three behind the striker.

So what you're saying isn't even remotely accurate. We do have plenty of depth there. It's not great strength in that depth. But neither is someone else's U21 with even less experience.

You do realise when I said depth, it was strength, not numbers obviously…

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Dec 2023 17:01

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

You do realise when I said depth, it was strength, not numbers obviously…

No, funnily enough I didn’t read your mind to know you meant something different to what you typed, in response to my point about depth, rather than strength, when talking about an U21 with bugger all experience, so not bringing strength.

Fezza

by Fezza » 26 Dec 2023 18:53

Feel we could really do with a winger as none of Elliott, Camara, Rushesha or Vickers are currently consistent enough for first team football.

I'd rather we brought in a 30 year old journeyman than kept trying to force children to play there when they're not yet ready. The only player in the current squad who should perhaps be on the left wing is NGW.

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 02 Jan 2024 13:57

Millsy Reminds me of Sammy Igoe.

Oooh

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Feb 2024 15:22

Signed for Swansea.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict