Charlie Savage to Derby

traff

Charlie Savage to Derby

by traff » 02 Jan 2024 12:54

Couldn't see this anywhere else.
I assume it would need to be a very decent bid as the sell-on clause is substantial. Also, have very little cover.
I guess the financial situation may dictate.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/derby ... idfielder/

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Charlie Savage to Derby

by blythspartan » 02 Jan 2024 13:23

No way can I see him going to Derby. That could of course be famous last words.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 02 Jan 2024 13:56

Football League World quoting the Daily Mail.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jan 2024 14:07

Could be Robbie trying to engineer something for his son. Its no secret he's not impressed with how we're run and the payment issues. And he'll be even less impressed Charlie is no longer starting.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 02 Jan 2024 14:39

I wouldn't miss him terribly ...

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 02 Jan 2024 14:59

If I remember right, Man U have first refusal on him, if they match the fee offered. So if he does want to sign for Derby, he may well end up back at Old Trafford. How would the sell on clause work if the Red Devils did match the fee? Would we have to accept, say, only 50% from United that we would have got from Derby?

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 02 Jan 2024 15:06

Royalwaster I wouldn't miss him terribly ...

My biggest concern about him going would be midfield depth, especially as I think he's our best alternative to Lewis Wing. If Wing gets injured/suspended, who'd replace him if Savage goes?

We should also keep in mind is Savage is still only 20 - he's probably got another 6-8 years before he reaches his peak. CBC is a couple of months older; Michael Craig is a month older than him; Ehibhatiomhan is a few weeks older; Nelson Abbey is a couple of months younger. He's far from the finished product.

I can't see him going to Derby though - if he's not getting in our starting XI at the moment, he's certainly not going to get into the Derby starting XI.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Jan 2024 15:12

Be stupid to sell unless we have to

Loads of our players are out of contract in June. He isn’t. He is quality - some great goals and passes, his main issue is his consistency

Craig’s ahead of him for now but he’s a useful alternative. Likewise Wing, though he’s currently a couple of levels below him but he’d be a great person to learn from

He has loads of time to get better, just keep working hard, make any time he gets on the pitch count and he’ll be a really good player for us

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Jan 2024 15:19

He's 20 and we signed him on a 4 year deal for a reason, to be a long term key part of the plans. So unless he has made it clear that he feels like he has made a mistake or is otherwise unhappy then unless Derby or someone else are planning on paying over the odds, we shouldn't be looking to sell at the first opportunity.

Now, of course, if we need to find money from somewhere, then he may be someone we can cash in on but I would hope we don't.

January could be a long month.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 02 Jan 2024 17:01

Stranded He's 20 and we signed him on a 4 year deal for a reason, to be a long term key part of the plans. So unless he has made it clear that he feels like he has made a mistake or is otherwise unhappy then unless Derby or someone else are planning on paying over the odds, we shouldn't be looking to sell at the first opportunity.

Now, of course, if we need to find money from somewhere, then he may be someone we can cash in on but I would hope we don't.

January could be a long month.

Plus Utd have got a big sell on clause. Would be completely pointless selling him, unless he really has got the hump, but he won't be starting more games with Derby.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 03 Jan 2024 09:49

Derby is a sideways move at best anyway. If we can keep everyone and maybe replace Ballard then I'll be happy with this window. Get to the summer in this league hopefully and get a new owner in.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Jan 2024 10:07

Royal_jimmy Derby is a sideways move at best anyway. If we can keep everyone and maybe replace Ballard then I'll be happy with this window. Get to the summer in this league hopefully and get a new owner in.

Hilarious.

Right now, moving to Derby is a step-up.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 03 Jan 2024 10:14

Royal_jimmy Derby is a sideways move at best anyway. If we can keep everyone and maybe replace Ballard then I'll be happy with this window. Get to the summer in this league hopefully and get a new owner in.

Would be happy to let Harlee Dean go, plenty of cover at CB. And if we could somehow bring in another CM then hutch can oxf*rd off too
Last edited by Brogue on 03 Jan 2024 10:15, edited 1 time in total.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 03 Jan 2024 10:15

We haven't seen the best of him yet, he's on a 4 year deal. Silly money or reject all offers. The sort of player who with long term planning and stability could help us up the leagues. If we don't have the ownership situation resolved in the summer perhaps sell then.

Also, :lol: at Derby being a sideways step right now.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 03 Jan 2024 10:16

Brogue

Would be happy to let Harlee Dean go, plenty of cover at CB. And if we could somehow bring in another CM then hutch can oxf*rd off too

I would expect Dean, Hutchinson and NGW to be 3 of our higher earners and I would happily see them all go. Hutchinson is the most likely to be needed this season, so maybe keep him.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 03 Jan 2024 10:19

WestYorksRoyal
Brogue

I would expect Dean, Hutchinson and NGW to be 3 of our higher earners and I would happily see them all go. Hutchinson is the most likely to be needed this season, so maybe keep him.

Yeah and the hardest to get rid of ...

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 03 Jan 2024 10:26

So much hype around this signing, but lets be honest - he has underwhelmed and hasn't earned a starting spot and since he has lost his starting spot we have seen our recent upturn in form.

Sideways and backwards passing, Elliot is streets ahead of him currently and he can't get in the team either.

Obviously a signing for the future, but wouldn't be a disaster if he went by any means imho.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Jan 2024 10:35

hughsies no.1 So much hype around this signing, but lets be honest - he has underwhelmed and hasn't earned a starting spot and since he has lost his starting spot we have seen our recent upturn in form.

Sideways and backwards passing, Elliot is streets ahead of him currently and he can't get in the team either.

Obviously a signing for the future, but wouldn't be a disaster if he went by any means imho.

Other than for the winner on Monday though...

It was his forward pass into space for Dorsett which started the move.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Jan 2024 12:01

Hendo
hughsies no.1 So much hype around this signing, but lets be honest - he has underwhelmed and hasn't earned a starting spot and since he has lost his starting spot we have seen our recent upturn in form.

Savage is a bit of a victim of circumstance at the moment, struggled as many did in the 4-2-2-2 - looked much improved against Pompey in the new formation - missed Shrewsbury and was back on the bench at Wycombe, at which point the team started to find results, so has had to be on the bench.

Looked decent again on NYD and imagine he will get more starts as the season continues.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Jan 2024 12:12

Stranded
Hendo

Savage is a bit of a victim of circumstance at the moment, struggled as many did in the 4-2-2-2 - looked much improved against Pompey in the new formation - missed Shrewsbury and was back on the bench at Wycombe, at which point the team started to find results, so has had to be on the bench.

Looked decent again on NYD and imagine he will get more starts as the season continues.

Agreed, will no doubt get a chance to impress in the Brighton game, Wing will probably need a rest at some point as well.