liam moore to return till end of the season

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: liam moore to return till end of the season

by Millsy » 14 Feb 2024 13:02

Moore had every right to ask for more money and accept it when offered. Noone in their right mind would decline that.

But we have every right also to think he's a greedy cvnt and not want him back.

I don't actually care, and if we need a CB and he's good enough then let him come and do the job. Business is business.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 14 Feb 2024 13:22

Hound I don’t really blame Moore - falls solely on Gourlay and Dai for that bit of idiocy

Didn’t he move back Leicester way? Therefore suspect Northampton is about as ideal for him as he was ever going to get. Basically semi retirement

Rumoured to have moved his whole family back to Leicester, before his final season with us. :?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Feb 2024 13:27

Snowflake Royal
Sutekh
NathStPaul Liam Moore isn't welcome at the club. He is scum and partly responsible for why we are where we are.

:roll: whereas you, of course, would turn down a massive pay rise offered by your employer

If it was to pay me vastly more than my colleagues who were just as good or better than me, yes I would turn it down. Especially if it was at a level way above my worth that would put my employer in financial difficulties.

Because I'm not a greedy pcunt.

And I wouldn't have been asking my employer to do it in the first place.

LOLLY @ The mugs who think Dai or Gourlay just went 'dur have an extra £10k a week completely unsolicited for no reason'.

More like

Moore: I want a new contract and a payrise
Gourlay: ...
Moore: I want a new contract and a payrise.
Gourlay:..
Moore: I want a transfer to Brighton
Gourlay: yeah, ok then. If Brighton meet our valuation.
Brighton: £6m
Gourlay: £10m?
Brighton: £8m and not a penny more.
Gourlay: ye-
Dai: Get oxf*rd, he's my toy.
Gourlay: No.
Brighton: Shrug.
Moore: It's not fair you just cost me a massive career opportunity and £20k a week extra.
Gourlay: sorry.
Moore: I want more money and a longer contract. I'm disillusioned. My performances may drop.
Dai: Oh shut up and have an extra £10k a week for 5 years, now let me get back to the craps table.
Moore: *smug*

Very selective memory. Gourlay had accepted a bid and presumably Moore knew the wages Brighton had on offer as the deal was all set to go through until Dai pulled the plug.

If I was offered a better job at a competitor on better money I would simply hand in my notice. Obviously that wasn't an option for Moore once Dai intervened, and in hindsight it would have been better to run his contract down with the hope of a big move at the end. Would have added pressure on him to really perform too. But I can definitely understand why he made the decision he did. All blame lies with Dai.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Feb 2024 14:32

my boss is giving me a payrise maybe I should refuse it? FTS. LOL

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 14 Feb 2024 14:36

Snowflake Royal
Sutekh
NathStPaul Liam Moore isn't welcome at the club. He is scum and partly responsible for why we are where we are.

:roll: whereas you, of course, would turn down a massive pay rise offered by your employer

If it was to pay me vastly more than my colleagues who were just as good or better than me, yes I would turn it down. Especially if it was at a level way above my worth that would put my employer in financial difficulties.

LOLLY @ The mugs who think Dai or Gourlay just went 'dur have an extra £10k a week completely unsolicited for no reason'.

More like

Moore: It's not fair you just cost me a massive career opportunity and £20k a week extra.
Moore: I want more money and a longer contract. I'm disillusioned. My performances may drop.
Dai: Oh shut up and have an extra £10k a week for 5 years, now let me get back to the craps table.

I wonder if you behave anything like this in real life yourself and you're the saint you make yourself out to be.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 14 Feb 2024 17:09

WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal
Sutekh

More like

Very selective memory. Gourlay had accepted a bid and presumably Moore knew the wages Brighton had on offer as the deal was all set to go through until Dai pulled the plug.

If I was offered a better job at a competitor on better money I would simply hand in my notice. Obviously that wasn't an option for Moore once Dai intervened, and in hindsight it would have been better to run his contract down with the hope of a big move at the end. Would have added pressure on him to really perform too. But I can definitely understand why he made the decision he did. All blame lies with Dai.

This.

It's funny given all the shit Dai has pulled in the last 6 years that people still believe his bullshit.

I'd back Liam Moore over Dai any day of the week.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 15 Feb 2024 13:31

Yep, you're the exact sort of person who would.....

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Feb 2024 15:04

When the financial problems started to bite two years ago, Moore privately told the club that he wouldn't refuse a transfer if it would help.

They responded by publicly stripping him of the captaincy.

Don't think it's fair to characterise Moore as happily sat on the bench. If you're going to find fault (other than with his performances ofc) it makes more sense to say the complete opposite, i.e. that he wasn't dedicated enough.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Feb 2024 15:09

NathStPaul
WestYorksRoyal
NathStPaul No I'd have left after being told I was no longer in the clubs plans, its called personal and professional pride. He's a parasite and people like you propped him up for years.

:lol: :lol: It's not his fault we offered him life changing money. No doubt he regrets not getting his Brighton move, but when we rejected he was perfectly entitled to ask for the money and see out his contract.

Its his fault he sat on his arse for years crippling the club financially when he could have got a move in order to play regular football.

You're another supporter who enabled him for years, systematically licked his arsehole clean.

Not true. He was a regular pretty much all the way through from 2016 to 2021. Fell out with Dai January 2022 (subsequently one of the worst months of results we’ve ever encountered FWIW) . Moved to Stoke February 2022 before spending the next 14 or so months injured

He spent very little time “crippling the club financially when he could have got a move in order to play regular football”

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 15 Feb 2024 15:13

Another Liam Moore arselicker. He is complicit in the clubs financial ruin, you sat back and applauded him for doing it.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Feb 2024 15:24

NathStPaul Another Liam Moore arselicker. He is complicit in the clubs financial ruin, you sat back and applauded him for doing it.

Nope. In actual fact, I suggested fairly early on that Moore wasn’t quite as good as was being made out (to which you argued that point, of course)

There are plenty of things you can throw at Moore, including being a part of the club’s financial downfall. But accusing him of sitting on his arse not moving to play regular football enough simply isn’t one of those things

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 17 Feb 2024 11:23

SCIAG When the financial problems started to bite two years ago, Moore privately told the club that he wouldn't refuse a transfer if it would help.

Don't think it's fair to characterise Moore as happily sat on the bench. If you're going to find fault (other than with his performances ofc) it makes more sense to say the complete opposite, i.e. that he wasn't dedicated enough.

There were also rumours ( I believe on this forum) of a racism incident at the club at the time where Moore as captain didn't back the club's handling of it.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Feb 2024 00:23

Mid Sussex Royal
SCIAG When the financial problems started to bite two years ago, Moore privately told the club that he wouldn't refuse a transfer if it would help.

There were also rumours ( I believe on this forum) of a racism incident at the club at the time where Moore as captain didn't back the club's handling of it.

I thought the issue was that he didn't back the player. Might've got that wrong though.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 18 Feb 2024 08:18

Pepe the Horseman
Mid Sussex Royal

I thought the issue was that he didn't back the player. Might've got that wrong though.

If he’d backed the club and not the player, it would’ve made taking away the captaincy very strange indeed

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Feb 2024 08:42

Franchise FC
Pepe the Horseman
Mid Sussex Royal

If he’d backed the club and not the player, it would’ve made taking away the captaincy very strange indeed

Don't think the two things were related. He got stripped of the captaincy because he asked/offered to leave.

Just remember reading on here that the player involved was disappointed by the lack of backing from Moore.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Feb 2024 10:34

Pepe the Horseman
Franchise FC
Pepe the Horseman I thought the issue was that he didn't back the player. Might've got that wrong though.

Don't think the two things were related. He got stripped of the captaincy because he asked/offered to leave.

Just remember reading on here that the player involved was disappointed by the lack of backing from Moore.

Backing which may or may not have been appropriate given whatever it was that had been going on at the time. We don't know (and we'll likely never know) so can't judge whatever Liam felt was correct or not.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 18 Feb 2024 16:50

Anyway,he's signed for Northampton so let's leave it at that.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Feb 2024 17:47

Got through the last fifteen + minutes yesterday.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 18 Feb 2024 22:38

Franchise FC
Pepe the Horseman
Mid Sussex Royal

For what it's worth, I don't know who the complainant was or what they alleged happened. My understanding is that they came to Moore for advice and Moore said "don't go to the police, they won't do anything".

Heard this from a black player who was (and as far as I know, still is) on very good terms with Moore.

Now, speaking personally, a few years ago now I had a junior young woman tell me she was being sexually harassed at work. We resolved it internally and she was happy with the outcome. I told her that I'd support her if she wanted to go to the police, but it was unspoken that we both knew full well the police weren't likely to pursue it. I think the difference there, though, is that I've never been sexually harassed at work, so I couldn't speak from personal experience, whereas Liam Moore has been the victim of racism and could give advice from personal experience.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 19 Feb 2024 09:56

SCIAG
Franchise FC
Pepe the Horseman I thought the issue was that he didn't back the player. Might've got that wrong though.

For what it's worth, I don't know who the complainant was or what they alleged happened. My understanding is that they came to Moore for advice and Moore said "don't go to the police, they won't do anything".

Heard this from a black player who was (and as far as I know, still is) on very good terms with Moore.

Now, speaking personally, a few years ago now I had a junior young woman tell me she was being sexually harassed at work. We resolved it internally and she was happy with the outcome. I told her that I'd support her if she wanted to go to the police, but it was unspoken that we both knew full well the police weren't likely to pursue it. I think the difference there, though, is that I've never been sexually harassed at work, so I couldn't speak from personal experience, whereas Liam Moore has been the victim of racism and could give advice from personal experience.

You haven't heard anything from anyone have you pal? Run along.