Rumour: John Mensah

287 posts
Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 26 Jul 2006 09:50

bobby m's syrup Not un saucisson on either the Rennes Maville or Official Rennes FC sites with regard to Mensah. Reading around these sites, it appears that the club is making their plans for the season without him.

Latest story is regarding their friendly with Lens - Mensah didn't figure as he is recovering/rested (reprise).

It all points to him, perhaps, being prepared for a move.

Mr Angry is very rarely wrong BTW, so all this is pretty much moot - it just won't be to us.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 26 Jul 2006 12:59

FWIW in relation to Mensah, I was repeating what was said by Steve Coppell at the ex Players Association Dinner on Thursday 13th July.

YoungRoyal

by YoungRoyal » 27 Jul 2006 12:23

Reading, Sheffield United and Monaco are all weighing up offers for John Mensah, according to reports emanating from the French press.

The Ghana international saw his stock rise following an impressive World Cup showing, with Rennes reportedly ready to do a deal at around the £4 million mark.

Mensah, an imposing 23-year-old defender, has previously claimed that Reading have offered him a deal but Royals boss Steve Coppell is remaining tight-lipped.

However, while Premiership new boys Reading appear to be at the head of the queue, reports suggest there could be rivals for his signature.

Sheffield United are known to be in the market for defensive reinforcements but a greater threat could be posed by Monaco.

The Principality outfit are keeping an eye on the situation due to reported interest from troubled Juventus in Gael Givet.

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 27 Jul 2006 12:47

YoungRoyal Reading, Sheffield United and Monaco are all weighing up offers for John Mensah, according to reports emanating from the French press.

The Ghana international saw his stock rise following an impressive World Cup showing, with Rennes reportedly ready to do a deal at around the £4 million mark.

Mensah, an imposing 23-year-old defender, has previously claimed that Reading have offered him a deal but Royals boss Steve Coppell is remaining tight-lipped.

However, while Premiership new boys Reading appear to be at the head of the queue, reports suggest there could be rivals for his signature.

Sheffield United are known to be in the market for defensive reinforcements but a greater threat could be posed by Monaco.

The Principality outfit are keeping an eye on the situation due to reported interest from troubled Juventus in Gael Givet.

Where d'ja find that??

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Jul 2006 12:47

This one jsut won't die will it... it's sitting there keeping my hopes up. Bastard

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 27 Jul 2006 12:49

YoungRoyal Reading, Sheffield United and Monaco are all weighing up offers for John Mensah, according to reports emanating from the French press.

Hmmmm, Monaco or Reading? I know where I'd choose to live, assuming the money is roughly the same.

MELKSHAM HOOPS

by MELKSHAM HOOPS » 27 Jul 2006 13:02

found on on sky sports... and on Ghana web

dobcheck

by dobcheck » 27 Jul 2006 13:17

Having just read the rennes website it seems they had an open day yesterday to introduce the players for the forthcoming season to the fans and mensah was there.

bracknell loyal royal!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bracknell loyal royal! » 27 Jul 2006 13:19

I really hope he comes here!

Bring back the South bank

by Bring back the South bank » 27 Jul 2006 13:24

This has got to be one of the most frustrating summers ever and i've witnessed a lot supporting RFC.

Id rather Mensah just fcuked off now, nothing takes this long.

How long does it take to agree a fee with a club and terms with one player?? Surly they would know by now if the player wanted to join. It's the same with Whithead, if they've got nowhere by now they should persue other targets.

Other clubs seem to get things done a lot quicker thats all.

Just frustrated I guess but I trust Coppel;l to get it right.

Jaques Francais
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Jaques Francais » 27 Jul 2006 13:26

Bring back the South bank This has got to be one of the most frustrating summers ever and i've witnessed a lot supporting RFC.

How long does it take to agree a fee with a club and terms with one player?? Surly they would know by now if the player wanted to join. It's the same with Whithead, if they've got nowhere by now they should persue other targets.

The Lita rumour hung around for ages before he signed. Give it a chance.

urz_1871

by urz_1871 » 27 Jul 2006 13:28

This has got to be one of the most frustrating summers ever and i've witnessed a lot supporting RFC.

The reason why it might be taking so long is beacuse maybe of the World Cup? Marcus And Bobby have only just come back for pre-season. They were given an extra few weeks off because of playing in Germany. The same would prob go for Mensah.

Also have we actually made a bid for him?

by Bring back the South bank » 27 Jul 2006 13:29

Jaques Francais
Bring back the South bank This has got to be one of the most frustrating summers ever and i've witnessed a lot supporting RFC.

The Lita rumour hung around for ages before he signed. Give it a break.

1. This is the forst time i've shown my frustration on the situation
2. The club at least admitted that they'd had a bit turned down for Lita which proved they were after him. We're all going on heresay with the Mensah Saga. Sometimes I think we need someone with a bit of sell and charm about him to get deals done.

Jaques Francais
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Jaques Francais » 27 Jul 2006 13:30

urz_1871

The reason why it might be taking so long is beacuse maybe of the World Cup? Marcus And Bobby have only just come back for pre-season. They were given an extra few weeks off because of playing in Germany. The same would prob go for Mensah.

Also have we actually made a bid for him?

According to Mensah, it seems we have, but nothing concrete from the club. This, of course, means nothing.

Jaques Francais
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Jaques Francais » 27 Jul 2006 13:32

Jaques Francais

The Lita rumour hung around for ages before he signed. Give it a break.

1. This is the forst time i've shown my frustration on the situation
2. The club at least admitted that they'd had a bit turned down for Lita which proved they were after him. We're all going on heresay with the Mensah Saga. Sometimes I think we need someone with a bit of sell and charm about him to get deals done.

1. Not getting out you, just pointing out this is typical of how the club does business. In addition, this is possibly the greatest profile of player we have ever signed - Mensah may be weighing up his options.
2. Sell and Charm? Squeaky has that in spades! To be fair to Hammond, he does seem good at closing deals - again, give him a chance.
3. You could be right :p

Jay

by Jay » 27 Jul 2006 13:34

Reading will NOT spend £4m on one player, not yet. Maybe if we're in a good position come January.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 27 Jul 2006 13:36

Apparently the big problem with the transfer is that there's about twenty African agents claiming to represent Mensah, all claiming they can set up the deal and all wanting their own rather large slice. It's the problem of signing players from abroad, often what you save on the transfer fee just goes straight to the agent.

urz_1871

by urz_1871 » 27 Jul 2006 13:36

Reading will NOT spend £4m on one player, not yet. Maybe if we're in a good position come January.

Didnt we bid £4.5 million for Lescott? so i think we would.

by Bring back the South bank » 27 Jul 2006 13:37

Jay Reading will NOT spend £4m on one player, not yet. Maybe if we're in a good position come January.

Wolves admitted that we offered 4m+ for Lescott

Ginger Ninjas

by Ginger Ninjas » 27 Jul 2006 13:39

urz_1871

Didnt we bid £4.5 million for Lescott? so i think we would.

Was that not for both Lescott and Seol??

287 posts