Other
40%
Nobody
13%

Total votes: 53
G'La

Whos it gonna be?....

by G'La » 31 Jan 2007 09:05

Coppell has stated on the OS that there is one more transfer to go through before midnight tonight. Madejski has said that we have a club record signing yet to come (today? who knows).

Im Spartacus

by Im Spartacus » 31 Jan 2007 09:40

I'm hoping either Zamora or an as yet unidentified big striker and praying it's not Duberry.

G'La

by G'La » 31 Jan 2007 09:48

Im Spartacus I'm hoping either Zamora or an as yet unidentified big striker and praying it's not Duberry.

Id love to see Zamora arrive at the club. I do feel that because we've not heard much on the Sidwell saga lately that he's off in the summer. I dont think Zamora would join if his best mate is off to pastures new in 4 months time. So I reckon we'll sign a midfielder to either fill Sidwell's or a current squad players boots.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 31 Jan 2007 09:52

It is highly unlikely that West ham will release Zamora considering their current plight.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 31 Jan 2007 09:53

Gordons Cumming It is highly unlikely that West ham will release Zamora considering their current plight.

Especially as they failed to get Bent yesterday!

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 31 Jan 2007 10:05

It's gonna be Barnett, no need for a striker and Duberry's hardly gonna be a club record buy. SOdje and Brown in the other way too. Newell was quoted as saying they'd had a £3m plus bid recieved for another player in interviews last weekend, that's a lot of money.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 31 Jan 2007 10:06

Would definatly like a striker, even if it's just on loan.

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 31 Jan 2007 10:07

G'La
Im Spartacus I'm hoping either Zamora or an as yet unidentified big striker and praying it's not Duberry.

Id love to see Zamora arrive at the club. I do feel that because we've not heard much on the Sidwell saga lately that he's off in the summer. I dont think Zamora would join if his best mate is off to pastures new in 4 months time. So I reckon we'll sign a midfielder to either fill Sidwell's or a current squad players boots.

Zamora's not even better than Long, harldy gonna come here and be 5th choice.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 31 Jan 2007 10:08

EASTENDER MARKY Would definatly like a striker, even if it's just on loan.

dont think we do, our 4 are all pretty good, five would just see long banished to the reserves, and why do that when hes getting the goals at the mo

midfield needs some depth, and variation

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 31 Jan 2007 10:09

brendywendy
EASTENDER MARKY Would definatly like a striker, even if it's just on loan.

dont think we do, our 4 are all pretty good, five would just see long banished to the reserves, and why do that when hes getting the goals at the mo

midfield needs some depth, and variation

If we got a fifth it would mean Long would be able to go out on loan, but if we don't get anyone then he's got to stay just in case someone gets injured. It would be much better for him to go out on loan IMO.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 31 Jan 2007 10:13

Hopefully a goalkeeper, Boaz Myhill would be nice.

G'La

by G'La » 31 Jan 2007 10:21

G'La

Doubt it. For all his talent, I think it would be best to loan Long out. He's still very young and he needs to bulk out a bit as he does tend to get knocked off the ball due to his size. First team experience will help him progress to become a future regular in our team.

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 31 Jan 2007 10:25

G'La
G'La

Doubt it. For all his talent, I think it would be best to loan Long out. He's still very young and he needs to bulk out a bit as he does tend to get knocked off the ball due to his size. First team experience will help him progress to become a future regular in our team.

It's a bit short term to spend a club record fee on him even if it's just to get Long out on loan.

Anyways, it's going to be Barnett. :lol:

G'La

by G'La » 31 Jan 2007 10:25

Big Ern Hopefully a goalkeeper, Boaz Myhill would be nice.

Great keeper is he someone we'd go for given the fact we now have 4 keepers?

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 31 Jan 2007 10:28

DOOBS ON HIS WAY TO ROYALS
Stoke City were chasing an experienced Premiership defender today to replace skipper Michael Duberry ahead of tonight's transfer deadline.

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/

Good cover if true but I hope this isn't a "record signing"

G'La

by G'La » 31 Jan 2007 10:30

G'La
G'La

It's a bit short term to spend a club record fee on him even if it's just to get Long out on loan.

Has it been officially confirmed thatd we equired into signing Morrison from Palace?

G'La

by G'La » 31 Jan 2007 10:42

That Friday Feeling DOOBS ON HIS WAY TO ROYALS
Stoke City were chasing an experienced Premiership defender today to replace skipper Michael Duberry ahead of tonight's transfer deadline.

I feel sick :?

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 31 Jan 2007 10:43

If it's a record singing then I must be worth a couple of million in todays market

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 31 Jan 2007 10:44

G'La

I feel sick :?

More detail here- big offer, no deal yet...

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 31 Jan 2007 10:45

G'La
G'La
G'La

Has it been officially confirmed thatd we equired into signing Morrison from Palace?

Hang on I'll just give Coppell a ring and find out!! How should I know?!! :?

Certainly not seen it written anywhere than speculation in papers. Again he's not gonna be happy just to sit on the bench or in the reserves, he's made that clear throught his career. Moaning bout not being in the team or throwing hissy fits when you get taken off is hardly Coppell's type of guy.