RUMOUR - Hunt to Sunderland

258 posts
The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 08 Jan 2008 10:17

Platypuss Star and Mirror both reporting that Sunderland want both Hunt and Lita for a combined £6/7M :lol:

LOL

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 08 Jan 2008 10:21

royaldownunder
Platypuss Star and Mirror both reporting that Sunderland want both Hunt and Lita for a combined £6/7M :lol:

6/7mil is Fcuk all!

Will just be Keane mouthing off again as usual, he can have lita, but Hunt "is going nowhere".

Keano shot himself in the foot when he paid £3 million for Halford - Hunt is hardly going to be cheaper than Hahalford!

royaldownunder

by royaldownunder » 08 Jan 2008 10:32

M Brook Hunty should read this and wise up.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 63,00.html

LOL!

Beginning of the end?
Sounds like a few handbags are being thrown over at the stadium of light!!

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 08 Jan 2008 11:57

Keane and Quinn, funnier than Jimmy Cricket and Frank Carson.

Keep the bids coming lads! :lol:

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 08 Jan 2008 12:36

:lol: :lol:

When I first heard Keane was going into management I thought it was a joke.

The man is a psychopath. Without a complete personality transplant he will never be successful in football management.

I predict the mask will slip towards the end of the season and he will lose the plot during a post match interview and punch Garth Crooks in the face or summat. :D

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 08 Jan 2008 12:39

Hunt saw Keane's outburst at the MadStad after his late winner.
If you subscribe to Reading World look again at his post match interview - he interupts it by looking away and saying that he can't believe what he has just seen.
I can imagine he just wants another more lucrative contract with RFC rather than moving to Sunderland and risking Championship football.
To be fair I think he may have earnt another pay rise.

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Y21_Royal » 08 Jan 2008 13:55

Just been quoted on SSN as well.

£7m, I'd bite their hand off

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 08 Jan 2008 14:03

Y21_Royal £7m, I'd bite their hand off

I take it you are joking?

Personally I think Hunt shouldn't leave for less than £6m and Lita not for less than £4m - that means a combined fee of over £10m in my opinion.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 08 Jan 2008 14:05

Wycombe Royal

Personally I think Hunt shouldn't leave for less than £6m and Lita not for less than £4m - that means a combined fee of over £10m in my opinion.

£10 million sitting in the bank will look lovely on the bank statements - I'd hate to think what effect it'll have on our position in the league table if we can't/don't spend it.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 08 Jan 2008 14:08

Y21_Royal

Just been quoted on SSN as well.

£7m, I'd bite their hand off

I wouldn't sell Hunt for £7 million at the moment - who would we bring in?

Lita could go for £4 million or more as his attitude's a disgrace re FA Cup and it'd give Cox and the Bulgarian lad a chance, but Hunt's essential to our team at the moment. His improvement in the last two years has been nothing short of gobsmacking and fair play to him if we give him a pay rise - he's earnt one.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 08 Jan 2008 14:13

Dirk Gently
Wycombe Royal

£10 million sitting in the bank will look lovely on the bank statements - I'd hate to think what effect it'll have on our position in the league table if we can't/don't spend it.

I was merely speaking hypothetically as I don't want either to leave unless better replacements are already lined up/signed.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 08 Jan 2008 14:29

Royalee
I wouldn't sell Hunt for £7 million at the moment - who would we bring in?

And that's what it's all boiling down to.

We haven't spent big bucks because everyone who is worth more than a few million doesn't want to sign for us.

So, if we accepted this kind of offer, the money would most likely sit in the bank while we played the rest of the season with a weakened squad.

Of course, if managers like Keane what to pay inflated fees for players who are not good enough at this level (Halford :P ) there will be no shortage of takers.

However, I'm struggling to remember when we last reluctantly sold a top player because the price on offer became too tempting. We're not a selling club and have no need to off load those on long term contracts.

I can't believe the likes of Hunt are busting a gut to go to places like Sunderland but I'm damn sure Coppell and Co won't be selling him to potential relegation rivals until the season's end, at they very earliest, however much he might (and I don't believe this is the case) wants to go.
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 08 Jan 2008 14:32, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 08 Jan 2008 14:31

Woodcote Royal However, I'm struggling to remember when we last reluctantly sold a top player because the price on offer became too tempting. We're not a selling club and need to off load those on long term contracts.

I'll help you remember.

Greg Halford, £3.5m.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 08 Jan 2008 14:33

:P

If he was a top player we're DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 08 Jan 2008 14:34

When I was doing my guest commentator spot at the Liverpool game the other week, I chatted to a journo from a Sunday paper who said he was a Sunderland fan; said that Keane was a nightmare as a manager and was definately a bad thing for SAFC in the medium/long term.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 08 Jan 2008 14:36

Going back in time, Hislop, Williams, Osborn, Taylor. Didnt' really want to lose any of them.

Wouldn't really say Ashdown as like Sidwell he let his contract run down.

We've not had that many bids for players really, the likes of Kitson, Harper etc have never been subject to big bids from other clubs before. So while the point is a valid one, it's also slightly misleading. Maybe clubs think 'we've got no chance of signing them so we won't bother?' Or maybe they just don't thik they are worth it....then there is Sunderland. 8)

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 08 Jan 2008 14:37

SpaceCruiser
Woodcote Royal However, I'm struggling to remember when we last reluctantly sold a top player because the price on offer became too tempting. We're not a selling club and need to off load those on long term contracts.

I'll help you remember.

Greg Halford, £3.5m.

He said "reluctantly". When Halford was sold they were probably trying to contain their glee and probably had a laugh in private at Roy Keane's expense.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 08 Jan 2008 14:37

Mr Angry When I was doing my guest commentator spot at the Liverpool game the other week, I chatted to a journo from a Sunday paper who said he was a Sunderland fan; said that Keane was a nightmare as a manager and was definately a bad thing for SAFC in the medium/long term.

Was that you Mr Angry? Must admit I thought you were very good, made some valid points and it was good to hear someone's non biased/ non favourable opinions. Obviously the guys in the Radio Berks have their own feelings on players, just rarely hear them i suppose because they have to be friendly towards the club to get their interviews! :lol:

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 08 Jan 2008 14:38

Woodcote Royal Of course, if managers like Keane what to pay inflated fees for players who are not good enough at this level (Halford :P )

You might as well add Coppell to that statement as well. :wink:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 08 Jan 2008 14:45

True :P

But I was thinking more of those who have spent £20m + on players of a similar standard rather than the odd bad deal.

258 posts