Reasons to be cheerful

11 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sucatraps

Reasons to be cheerful

by sucatraps » 17 Jan 2008 19:52

Having read some if not all threads and opinions commenting about our chances, activities, non-activities in the transfer markets, abilities, attributes, failings etc. I'm gratified to have seen not one "We're too good to go down" comment which IMHO is right up there with a (chairman's vote of confidence) This presumably means SSC and co fully understand and appreciate our concern? I submit that this being the case, they will be doing everything in their power to ensure they we give ourselves the best chance of riding out the current storm. We've seen adversity before and we are surely up to the task, I suggest it's time to stand up (and yes I do mean at the Madstad) and give it up for the team as if our lives depend upon it! "Reading till I die, I'm Reading till I die, I'm know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Reading till I die" repeat for 90 minutes per match-day, win lose or draw :idea:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Jan 2008 22:27

You must be joking. Most people haven't even heard of that chant.

Half the fans wouldn't even clap for the team. The support is horrific and we don't even deserve to be a Prem side. Sad but true.

Half of me wants us to go down only to flush out all the crap that's been invading our stadium.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Jan 2008 22:30

2 world wars, 1 world cup Half the fans wouldn't even clap for the team.

I wouldn't go as far as you do in the rest of your post but I really really don't understand that. Even when the team comes out some people don't put their hands together. Weird.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 17 Jan 2008 22:33

2 world wars, 1 world cup You must be joking. Most people haven't even heard of that chant.

Half the fans wouldn't even clap for the team. The support is horrific and we don't even deserve to be a Prem side. Sad but true.

Half of me wants us to go down only to flush out all the crap that's been invading our stadium.

'We don't deserve to be a Prem side' you on about the club or the fans? cos you could argue both.

It's a modern day football crowd seen up and down the country. Our support is rubbish, but sadly it's the same up and down the land.

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 17 Jan 2008 22:33

Royal Rother

I wouldn't go as far as you do in the rest of your post but I really really don't understand that. Even when the team comes out some people don't put their hands together. Weird.

Perhaps that's why the thread is in UR&G...

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 17 Jan 2008 22:36

To be fair, half a fan would only have one hand.

Xavier Onassis

by Xavier Onassis » 18 Jan 2008 00:55

So now when opposition fans say the Madejski's like a library, you can go all Zen on them and say it's the sound of one hand clapping.

sucatraps

by sucatraps » 18 Jan 2008 09:32

Im a little surprised at the lack of imagination and leadership at this time. Whatever happened to the fans campaigns that galvanized the supporters into greater efforts in the past? Where are the "Beach Days" type of initiatives that encourage collective support. If it's going to be a library why not make it the noisest and funniest library it can be:- to the tune of Vindaloo:- "overdue, overdue your in Madejski's library and your book is overdue"

"Library, library, my book is overdue at the Reading library, library, library, if your book is overdue then you must pay the penalty" sssssssh

to the tune of cabaret:- "What good is sitting all quiet by youself, come to the library, come to the library old chum, come to the library"

Almost anything to detract from the corrosive soul searching negativity please! there must be some imaginative, talented and witty bards out there who could develop the Reading Reeding room library like quiet tag to our advantage? Better that than turning on the team and each other. :)

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 18 Jan 2008 09:37

Same old arguement tho. The players need to show the fans some sign of change to get us inspired to fully back them?

With the negativity on the pitch by the players & the instructions given to them by the management, is it any wonder the fans are down right now?

Takes two to tango.

sucatraps

by sucatraps » 18 Jan 2008 09:43

WSF perhaps you're right, but should we quit, give up? you don't strike me as the sort to do that, sure the team and the management need to buck their ideas and effort up, but perhaps "We shall overcome, We shall not be moved" is all we have at this time and if anything can focus our effort, it's surely got to be the collective dislike of manure and chelski?

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 18 Jan 2008 09:53

Yeah I do agree to a certain extent, but there is only so many poor performace us fans can watch week in week out before we start to take our frustration out by bein negative.

11 posts   •   Page 1 of 1