Speculation: A Busy Summer

Hahnemann's Hairdresser

Re: Speculation: A Busy Summer

by Hahnemann's Hairdresser » 15 May 2008 11:57

INS:Fox from Coventry, Surman, Ledley or Halmosi, Watson or Hughes, Kightly and Nugent would be brilliant business over the summer, I wouldn't mind DeMerit aswell if we do have a decent clear out, but that isn't as much of a necessity. We have to keep thinking like a Premiership club in terms of transfers and start bullying the smaller clubs into selling players (Wolves buying Ebanks-Blake from Plymouth for example, or Birmingham buying McSheffry). We have the money, the ground and the facilities of a Premiership club and at Championship level that could be a big factor to those players.

OUTS: Brown, Halls, Stack, Sodje, Bennett, Shorey, Hunt, Kebe, Oster, Sonko, Fae, Ingimarsson, de la Cruz, Osano, Davies.

Fitzroy

by Fitzroy » 15 May 2008 12:06

Now Watford's season is over, how about a punt on Jobi McAnuff & Danny Shittu. Both mid 20's, experienced at the level required (CCC) and may be able to make the step up IF we make the grade. 3 million for both might just be enough.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

free transfers we should snaffle

by Gus the teenage cow » 15 May 2008 14:14

sorensen-villa
skoko-wigan
stefanovic-fulham

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: free transfers we should snaffle

by brendywendy » 15 May 2008 14:20

WCBAP

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 15 May 2008 15:23

Sounds as if Kevin Phillips may be available, plus if we can get Shittu, Marvin Elliott and Ben Watson - that wud do nicely!

Team for next season

------------Hahnemann----------------

Murty--- Shittu-- Bikey -- Rosenior

Little-- Elliott --Watson -- Convey

Phillips -- Kitson/Doyle

Caveat : this is on the assumption that Marek will be sold for a big profit after Euro champs ,and that as press talk goes, Shorey, Hunt,Lita will go

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 15 May 2008 15:48

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY Sounds as if Kevin Phillips may be available, plus if we can get Shittu, Marvin Elliott and Ben Watson - that wud do nicely!

Team for next season

Phillips -- Kitson/Doyle

Caveat : this is on the assumption that Marek will be sold for a big profit after Euro champs ,and that as press talk goes, Shorey, Hunt,Lita will go

I've got a better left foot than Rosenior!

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

!

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 15 May 2008 16:21

Tilehurst End
IMAMATEOFJOVSKY Sounds as if Kevin Phillips may be available, plus if we can get Shittu, Marvin Elliott and Ben Watson - that wud do nicely!

Team for next season

Phillips -- Kitson/Doyle

well if we can find an able left footed defender (rarer than a dodo) then them then !

Tilehurst End

Re: !

by Tilehurst End » 15 May 2008 16:26

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY
Tilehurst End

Team for next season

Phillips -- Kitson/Doyle

well if we can find an able left footed defender (rarer than a dodo) then them then !

Dodo? Sounds Brazillian, not sure he'd come here.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 15 May 2008 18:20

If we get Joe Ledley,Micheal Kightly,Tom Soares and Ben Watson it would a very good summer in the market.

Team :

USA
Rosenior Bikey Ivar Murty
Ledley Watson Marek Convey
Kitson Lita/Doyle

This could be the best team we could hope for.
If Hunt and Shorey do leave this would be the best side,

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 15 May 2008 20:28

Ledley won't come here. We might have been able to get him in January for the right money because of Cardiff's financial problems at the time, but if he moves now he'll go to the Prem. Why would he leave Cardiff for another Championship club?

UTDSTEVE

by UTDSTEVE » 16 May 2008 15:43

LoyalRoyalFan If we get Joe Ledley,Micheal Kightly,Tom Soares and Ben Watson it would a very good summer in the market.

Team :

USA
Rosenior Bikey Ivar Murty
Ledley Watson Marek Convey
Kitson Lita/Doyle

This could be the best team we could hope for.
If Hunt and Shorey do leave this would be the best side,

Sorry guys but i think you're seriously deluded if you think you have a chance of getting Watson from palace. Absolutely no chance what so ever! If he goes it will be to a team like Middleborough or Blackburn.

nickbob_sexypants

by nickbob_sexypants » 16 May 2008 16:00

I think we should be aiming to get another right midfielder, as Little will be in and out the team with injuries and that leaves Henry, who at the moment is relatively unproven. Also need a left back, assuming that Shorey will move on to the Prem, as I dont feel Rosenior or Murty will offer the best option playing in this position. A left back with two feet would be nice.

Assuming that no one else leaves, I think we have enough quality in the squad to get us out of this division.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 16 May 2008 16:06

I'm left footed, shall i ask for a trial? I play LB/LM

Richi Royal

by Richi Royal » 16 May 2008 16:34

Two player we should be looking at to replace Shorey are Joe Mattock from leciester and Ryan Bertrand from chelsea

Both are relatively young, and both are highly rated. Mattock is an england U21 international (aged 19) and Bertrand (england U19) was on loan to Norwich and got rave reviews (my norwich supporting mate can't speak highly enough of the lad)

Failing that Daniel Fox from Coventry is also a highly rated LB, we were linked in January but for whatever reason didn't sign him, another U21 international. And Spurs want to loan out Chris Gunter for a season to the CC.

Another player we should try and nick if possible is Ched Evans from Man City, given the turmoil going on and the fact they are buying big the chance of him making it there is small. In 20 plus 8 as sub he scored 10 goals in a struggling Norwich side and has a record of 9 goals in 8 games at wales u21 level despite only been 19 years old.

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 16 May 2008 16:46

nickbob_sexypants I think we should be aiming to get another right midfielder, as Little will be in and out the team with injuries and that leaves Henry, who at the moment is relatively unproven. Also need a left back, assuming that Shorey will move on to the Prem, as I dont feel Rosenior or Murty will offer the best option playing in this position. A left back with two feet would be nice.

Assuming that no one else leaves, I think we have enough quality in the squad to get us out of this division.

Could resign Andy Hughes.He had two feet but unfortunately both left. :)

Winvey

by Winvey » 16 May 2008 17:28

Was also going to suggest Mattock.

If we do lose any of our strikers I'd like to see us go for Taylor Twellman from New England Revolution

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 17 May 2008 11:40

Twellman's not a bad little player from what I've seen.

Midfielders Ivan Campo, Stelios Giannakopoulos and Andranik Teymourian have all been released by Bolton,

Friday's Child

by Friday's Child » 17 May 2008 11:43

Wonder why West Brom wouldn't give Kevin Phillips a last shot at the Prem. In this league, he is the sort of player that absolutely I would go for. Very low risk, would "slot in" neatly, and guaranteed plenty of goals in a good team.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 17 May 2008 11:51

Friday's Child Wonder why West Brom wouldn't give Kevin Phillips a last shot at the Prem. In this league, he is the sort of player that absolutely I would go for. Very low risk, would "slot in" neatly, and guaranteed plenty of goals in a good team.

I think his last Prem season was a bit of a disaster - a handful of goals in an O'Leary managed Villa?

I think he could be an ideal player for us. I think Campo for a season wouldn't be bad and Stelios would be high up my list. Season plus an extension if we get promoted.

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 17 May 2008 12:05

I think we all know we can forget about signing Ledley, he's even said he's not moving to another Championship team. If there's one Cardiff player who could be worth going for would be Peter Whittingham. Looks a decent player and could be a good replacement for Hunt, presuming Convey's injury problems continue.