SPECULATION - Stelios/Campo

pearcetom

Re: campo and stelios

by pearcetom » 18 May 2008 18:05

Row Z Royal
pearcetom they played for bolton......isnt that reason enough not the get them!

You mean Premiership Bolton?

good point....but how much of an impact in the premiership did they made last season....apart from campos wonder goal at the start of the season? or maybe that was the season before i cant really remember

sucatraps

Re: SPECULATION - Stelios/Campo

by sucatraps » 18 May 2008 21:42

Yep! Rowzroyal is right, premier league Bolton. However aren't they also our nemesis and a plug-ugly style football team? If they were "football" I'd find something else to waste my heartache on, that's for certain! :wink:

pearcetom

by pearcetom » 18 May 2008 21:51

im sorry it might just be me but i would hate to see any ex bolton player put on a reading shirt. dirty northern bast*rds. (no offence to anyone up north. i just dont like bolton :wink: )

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 19 May 2008 09:07

sucatraps Yep! Rowzroyal is right, premier league Bolton. However aren't they also our nemesis and a plug-ugly style football team? If they were "football" I'd find something else to waste my heartache on, that's for certain! :wink:

Ivan Campo won the European cup.

The guy, even at 34, has a fantastic footballing brain.

One season, helping our younger players on. Yes.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 19 May 2008 10:32

papereyes
sucatraps Yep! Rowzroyal is right, premier league Bolton. However aren't they also our nemesis and a plug-ugly style football team? If they were "football" I'd find something else to waste my heartache on, that's for certain! :wink:

Ivan Campo won the European cup.

The guy, even at 34, has a fantastic footballing brain.

One season, helping our younger players on. Yes.

Another way of putting that is to say - another season making damn sure Alex Pearce doesn't get anywhere near our first team .... the same with Henry/Stelios.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 19 May 2008 11:32

Not sure how Campo would stop Pearce playing, unless you men because Bikey or Cisse wouldn't get a game in the midfield and so might be ahead of Pearce at centre half.

If Cisse can keep Pearce out then he's probably not going to be good enough for us.

Stelios would be a good signing, although I'd be wary of bringing in too many aging Premiership players when we've seen in the past how well young, hungry players with something to prove can gell into a significant force at this level.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 19 May 2008 11:37

Hoop Blah Not sure how Campo would stop Pearce playing, unless you men because Bikey or Cisse wouldn't get a game in the midfield and so might be ahead of Pearce at centre half.

If Cisse can keep Pearce out then he's probably not going to be good enough for us.

Stelios would be a good signing, although I'd be wary of bringing in too many aging Premiership players when we've seen in the past how well young, hungry players with something to prove can gell into a significant force at this level.

Young and hungry combined with wisdom and a footballing brain.

I think you've got to get it just right. Allardyce did at Bolton but had some real misteps. You can't afford to have too many.

That said, Fae and Halford should have been young and hungry.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 19 May 2008 12:47

'greed.

It's all about blend and balance.