Rumour - Jermaine LOL Beckford????

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Fezza

Rumour - Jermaine LOL Beckford????

by Fezza » 27 May 2008 08:28

BBC Sport - Gossip

Norwich are leading the race to sign Leeds striker Jermaine Beckford but Ipswich, QPR and Reading are also interested. (Daily Star)

I don't want to seem like a snob, but please, we must be aiming higher than this?

07RFC

Re: Rumour - Jermaine LOL Beckford????

by 07RFC » 27 May 2008 09:04

does this indicate that either kitson, doyle or lita is on their way out? Not much of a replacement if this is so

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 May 2008 09:35

No, it just indicates that the words "Reading FC" had a pin landing on them in the Daily Star offices yesterday.

But anyway, why be so dismissive of Beckford? He looks a better prospect than Lita at the moment.

Football League Awards 2008: League One Player of the Year, Goal of the Year
Leeds United A.F.C. Player of the Year Awards 2008: Fan's Player of the Year, Player's Player of the Year, Goal of the Year

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 27 May 2008 10:13

Royal Rother No, it just indicates that the words "Reading FC" had a pin landing on them in the Daily Star offices yesterday.

But anyway, why be so dismissive of Beckford? He looks a better prospect than Lita at the moment.

Football League Awards 2008: League One Player of the Year, Goal of the Year
Leeds United A.F.C. Player of the Year Awards 2008: Fan's Player of the Year, Player's Player of the Year, Goal of the Year

He's had a similar season to Lita's in League 1just before we signed him.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 27 May 2008 15:07

We had Jermaine Beckford on trial a couple of years ago, when he was playing non-league, and we didn't take him then so I can't see SC deciding to fork out however much it is that Leeds'll want for him now.

chalks

by chalks » 27 May 2008 18:25

Fezza BBC Sport - Gossip

Norwich are leading the race to sign Leeds striker Jermaine Beckford but Ipswich, QPR and Reading are also interested. (Daily Star)

I don't want to seem like a snob, but please, we must be aiming higher than this?

whys that, are you still in the big boys league?

Doyler

by Doyler » 27 May 2008 18:31

Would be a good signing I think. A player in the coppell mould, not quite the finished article but one who he can improve.

Fezza

by Fezza » 28 May 2008 08:54

chalks
Fezza BBC Sport - Gossip

whys that, are you still in the big boys league?

Umm no, we got relegated as I suggested we would after the Bolton fiasco. To be honest I don't beleive Beckford is good enough to start for us assuming we keep at least two of our four strikers, I'd honestly be hoping we'd look to sign someone who is proven at CCC level. Maybe I'm wrong and he's excellent, but, L1 is a long way off CCC (see Ken Bates face after the playoff final for proof).

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1