RUMOUR - Emile Mpenza

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Richi Royal

RUMOUR - Emile Mpenza

by Richi Royal » 28 May 2008 14:52

Apparently we are interested in him....

http://www.ipswich.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... p?a=111004

Also a quote from his agent here (http://www.setantasports.com/en/Sport/N ... in-locale/)
Last edited by Richi Royal on 28 May 2008 18:33, edited 1 time in total.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Emile Mpenza

by Stranded » 28 May 2008 15:36

Would be a very good signing at this level, it does state he'll probably want big wages though.....

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Emile Mpenza

by juanpablo » 28 May 2008 21:14

sounds good...

if we want him we have to be faves out of that list

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 29 May 2008 09:30

juanpablo sounds good...

if we want him we have to be faves out of that list

Bolton are also in the running, Premier league, enough said.

Kes

by Kes » 29 May 2008 14:07

Mpenza has his heart set on joining another big club. Looks like he'll be going to Ipswich.

Ojc

by Ojc » 29 May 2008 16:39

Kes Mpenza has his heart set on joining another big club. Looks like he'll be going to Ipswich.

I'll shake your hand if I ever meet you Kes.

Quote from his agent

"Agent Rachid Tajhout told BBC Radio Suffolk: "We have had good discussions with Ipswich and hope to receive an offer in the next week or so."

Tajhout said Mpenza wants a club who can make the top flight and stay there."

Also read that Mpenza wants to join a club with ambition, that rules Reading out. He won't go to Bolton, they have smaller gates than Reading and are hardly ambitious.

Doyler

by Doyler » 29 May 2008 17:07

Ipswich Town - Living on past glories, you're not a big club anymore.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Emile Mpenza

by Barry the bird boggler » 30 May 2008 06:43

Stranded Would be a very good signing at this level, it does state he'll probably want big wages though.....

thus consigning any interest from Reading to the bin.

Ojc

by Ojc » 30 May 2008 14:51

Doyler Ipswich Town - Living on past glories, you're not a big club anymore.

Reading must be miniscule then, 23,000 average gates after 5 years in the Championship, I bet Reading could dream about that.

I would hardly call 2002 past glories either, 1-0 against Inter Milan in the Uefa Cup I would say is highly successful result.

Do tell me, when was the last time Reading won something in Europe, or even qualified for the competition?

Going back to the topic in question, if Mpenza doesn't come to Ipswich he will go to Bolton, not Reading.

All the best.

Apocalypse Now
Location: " Has anyone here at this reading home game, got a season ticket"- Pa Dickhead

by Apocalypse Now » 30 May 2008 15:04

Ipswich can't even keep hold of their players when the likes of Charlton come knocking :lol:

gazmandu

by gazmandu » 30 May 2008 15:07

Citeh fans say that Mpenza can lead the line well, is fairly strong but ultimately not good enough.

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 30 May 2008 15:20

Ipswich are one of those teams I despise without any need for a good reason. Even their kit pisses me off, the colour is such an obnoxious blue, the kind that signifies stuffy conservative, inbred values. I lived near Stowmarket for a while, and I can safely say that the East coast is the most rubbish section of this country I have ever visited.

I'm sure Ipswich are a much bigger club, yada yada, big crowds, well done, beat Inter Milan, great season in the Premier League. But to be honest, I equate supporting Ipswich with being an irritatingly smug simpleton, so, you know, mull that one over.

Also, it's useless to claim not to be living on past glories, then ask: "Do tell me, when was the last time Reading won something in Europe, or even qualified for the competition?" Kind of symptomatic of an irritatingly smug simpleton, one might say.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 30 May 2008 15:37

I used to love Ipswich when I was a kid. Their FA cup win was my all-time favourite cup-final, and I developed a life-long liking for Bobby Robson that blinded me to any faults. But now, they're just another crap middle-sized team in the Championship, struggling to hang onto their 20k supporters. God, I hope that's not where our future lies.

Kes

by Kes » 30 May 2008 15:46

Arch I used to love Ipswich when I was a kid. Their FA cup win was my all-time favourite cup-final, and I developed a life-long liking for Bobby Robson that blinded me to any faults. But now, they're just another crap middle-sized team in the Championship, struggling to hang onto their 20k supporters. God, I hope that's not where our future lies.

remember when Reading used to get crowds of 3,000? They've come a long way and even if they do, which will be the case this season, struggle to hang on to 17k supporters, it's still not bad.

Doyler

by Doyler » 30 May 2008 15:59

Ojc

Reading must be miniscule then, 23,000 average gates after 5 years in the Championship, I bet Reading could dream about that.

I would hardly call 2002 past glories either, 1-0 against Inter Milan in the Uefa Cup I would say is highly successful result.

Do tell me, when was the last time Reading won something in Europe, or even qualified for the competition?

Going back to the topic in question, if Mpenza doesn't come to Ipswich he will go to Bolton, not Reading.

All the best.
We know we haven't won anything in Europe, we're just happy with the progress we are making. at least we don't pretend to be something we're not.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 31 May 2008 21:40

No thanks.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 01 Jun 2008 03:59

Ojc

All the best.

:lol:

DeLOLuded. :lol:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Jun 2008 13:19

Ojc

All the best.

Two words for you: Finidi George. Seems odd that a team who have beeen burnt before by high cost foreign gambles and has then been forced to rely on their admittedly very successful youth set up would touch someone like Mpenza with a barge pole.

Emile Mpenza is (or maybe that should be "was") a good player but I really wouldn't be gutted if we missed out on him.

Beating Inter 1-0. Very good result. Remind me again, what was the aggregate score? Maybe you'd like to reassess your "highly successful result" claim.

We stuffed the Italian Champions 6-0 at their place once and followed it up with a win against the Italian national side. Did you know that?

Think is, like all past results and past achievements, in the here and now it means just one thing - oxf*rd all.

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1