BIG NEWS!!Stephen Hunt!!!

madreadingfan

BIG NEWS!!Stephen Hunt!!!

by madreadingfan » 02 Jul 2008 23:06

Well its not that big, i didnt knwo where to post it because people would complain if i put it on the team board

right.... quite a while ago this random girl added me on MSN, ive just been talking to her, she's a waterford united fan and stephen hunt came down today and he knows her so they started chatting and stuff.

Then he was telling her that he might be sold if the offer was too good to refuse she said that roy keane and some one else i think steve bruce is interested... also she said that hunty said that roy keane was interested in buying noel hunt aswell (noel hunt was there too btw)
But she asked him if he wanted to leave, he said he would find it very difficult to leave reading and he owes so much to the club for giving him his big chance..
and he is very keen to stay, she knows that for certain...
so fingers crossed he wont be leaving :D

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BIG NEWS!!Stephen Hunt!!!

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Jul 2008 23:16

So we've not sold him yet. Damn you for getting our hopes up.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 03 Jul 2008 04:42

Good news! I hope he stays and plays like he did in December 2007. I think this would probably go either in unfounded rumour and gossip or on the team board. Definitely not here, KFOAE.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 03 Jul 2008 07:07

Top news if true. Probably best sits in UR&G though.

Kurtz

by Kurtz » 03 Jul 2008 08:33

I'm confused.
The story is that Hunt will be happy to stay at Reading unless a better offer comes in, probably from Roy Keane.
:|

donface
Hob Nob Regular
Location: doing favours for some guys who look like tusken raiders

by donface » 03 Jul 2008 08:49

MODS!

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 03 Jul 2008 08:50

ROCKERS!

sam1
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by sam1 » 03 Jul 2008 08:54

TROLI beat me to it doh! Therefore....

NB H&P far right.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 03 Jul 2008 09:24

seahawk10 Good news! I hope he stays and plays like he did in December 2007. I think this would probably go either in unfounded rumour and gossip or on the team board. Definitely not here, KFOAE.

Shouldn't this go in the blatant bullshit section?

When I was little people used to make up stories and claim they came from their brother-in-law or sister's boyfriend. Now it is MSN this and MSN that. Things aren't what they used to be.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 03 Jul 2008 09:26

Isn't this what Little is supposed to have said right before he signed for Portsmouth?

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 03 Jul 2008 09:49

So, Stephen Hunt will probably leave if a decent offer comes in. Otherwise he might stay. Wow, that is big news :shock:

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 03 Jul 2008 11:40

naa i dont think shes lying for start she knows not alot about football and calls it soccer
2nd of all shes a waterford united fan and knows alot about the irish lads, also hunty is coaching her football team atm, he goes there every year with noel hunt and trains irish football teams and plus ive seen pictures of hunt and the team and her etc

Tinrib

by Tinrib » 03 Jul 2008 13:13

We would appreciate a photo of said Irish lass so we can all make our minds up.

Thanks

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 03 Jul 2008 14:10

Tinrib We would appreciate a photo of said Irish lass so we can all make our minds up.

Thanks

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 03 Jul 2008 14:41

I'm not usually a source of rumour, but I did meet someone yesterday who is well connected in Irish football (his father is Chairman of a League of Ireland Premier club) and he knows both Hunt and Doyle. He said that each of them has told him that they will be transferred this summer provided that the clubs can agree over fees.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 03 Jul 2008 14:48

Old Biscuitman I'm not usually a source of rumour, but I did meet someone yesterday who is well connected in Irish football (his father is Chairman of a League of Ireland Premier club) and he knows both Hunt and Doyle. He said that each of them has told him that they will be transferred this summer provided that the clubs can agree over fees.

That's generally how transfers work...by and large.

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 03 Jul 2008 15:16

WADR there's a little more to it than that, Mr AB.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 03 Jul 2008 15:23

Granted, but it's a pretty damn good start! I'd like to think that if any club had agreed a fee with a player then it's pretty much a done deal, most of the time, 9 time out of 10, barring medical failures, finding religion, or the wife kicking up about moving sticks to where there's no Matalan. :lol:

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 03 Jul 2008 16:17

Agent Balti Granted, but it's a pretty damn good start! I'd like to think that if any club had agreed a fee with a player then it's pretty much a done deal, most of the time, 9 time out of 10, barring medical failures, finding religion, or the wife kicking up about moving sticks to where there's no Matalan. :lol:

So, what's your opinion, AB. Doyle and Hunt - will they go, will they stay? I'd put up 50 notes that they will no longer be Reading players by the end of this month.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 03 Jul 2008 16:53

I'd say the Irish contingent will go. Kitson too if we accept an offer (otherwise I'd like to think that Dave would stay regardless.)

If Hunt does go for stupid money then so be it, we'll miss Doyle but we can sure do enough with the money from Hunt and Doyle - or for arguments sake let's call it £8.5m for the all three. Since Reading think more about wages than a transfer fee, we could get ample replacements for less wages than the aforementioned easily. I'd be sorely disappointed if we didn't make a strong squad with that kind of moolah to spend. And we've not even covered Shorey going either or factored Harper going for either.

Our squad needs freshening up hugely and whether we like it or not, this is the best time to do so. You can't keep an unhappy player and relegation makes players unhappy, so off you trot then. Mentally, these players want to be somewhere else.

Our possibilities are huge, that's if we use that money wisely and are possibly prepared to buy very decent youth and are prepared for the 'new squad' to gel. However, if we do sell £15m of talent then clubs will see us coming and bump up the figure accordingly. Merde.