BFTG - Peterborough

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

BFTG - Peterborough

by Notts Royal » 17 Feb 2022 00:14

Well where do we start the analysis from this latest shambles then?

The lack of fight on the pitch? The dreadful performance from Drinkwater? Or the fans stopping the coach from going?!

Where did Pauno go wrong tonight? I felt, early on in the 2nd half when we were a bit under the cosh, he could’ve made a few changes. TDB (who actually looked ok when he came on) should’ve come on much earlier, for either Rino or DD. In fact, even Swift, who was really poor until near the end. Maybe he could’ve put Clarke on and gone 2 up top at the end. But apart from that, not sure what else he could’ve done.

Hein took a fair amount of unwarranted stick. Granted his kicking was poor, but the wind had an impact. He kept us in it at points. Chanting for Southwood is completely counter-productive.

At one point we were shouting “You’re not fit to wear the shirt”. Then 2 minutes later, it was rampant support. Fickle as oxf*rd. Completely get some of the chants, and they’re completely called for at the end. But in the 50th minute? Not going to help the players.

My eyes are going now, need a kip.

So my sign off will be…oxf*rd Off Dai before you oxf*rd us over like the other clubs

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Peterborough

by Jackson Corner » 17 Feb 2022 00:36

Well done those who went on a crap Wednesday evening. You made yourselves heard on TV. He dived down the tunnel at full time didn’t even have the guts to face the fans.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 Feb 2022 00:44

Just got in.

Totally pathetic performance. If we were a plucky promoted side against an established championship team and we got outplayed but came away with an undeserved point, you’d say yeah we’re going down but fair play it wasn’t that bad.

That was just completely abject. Second to every ball, displayed little to no quality and just second best all over the pitch all night - not good enough but hardly surprising is it. The conditions were awful which didn’t help, but come on - we were outfought and outworked, by a huge margin too. No one can really be arsed as no ones gonna be here next season.

I stayed afterward for a bit but left when it was mostly dissipating, didn’t realise there were people by the busses otherwise would have stayed - despite having to be up for work in like 6 hours. Well done to the fans, apart from the ones calling Hein a oxf*rd - completely undeserved. He’s a young lad and he’s hardly asked to be played has he? It’s not his fault we’re in this mess. Made some important saves today. Drinkwater can FOAD, no issues with that. Fair play to Yids for coming out at least and facing the fans, but at the end of the day if all you can muster is “we are trying”, it’s a bit of an embarrassing admission, and if it’s true just means you’re a bit shit. Has to be said I’ve never questioned Yiadom’s commitment, his ability is a different story though. Other players are just categorically not trying. Joao who lumbers about and sulks, Swift who jogs about doing f all, and let’s not talk about Drinkwater. Lazy waste man.

Paunovic is an utter coward and anyone who says they feel sorry for him is a poor judge of character. The bloke literally runs away from responsibility, he treats the fans like mugs and is an arrogant bastard who chats so much shit. “Oh I tried to resign but they won’t let me”. My dude this isn’t slave labour in the Middle East, Dai hasn’t got your passport locked away in a safe. If you want to go, just go. No one is stopping you. Taking away from the fact he is a beyond bafflingly atrocious manager, he is a giant pussy and a massive twat. Escaping in a car instead of taking the bus with YOUR team. Unbelievable. How can people sympathise with him or make excuses for him? Disgusting.

The club is an absolute shambles. Turd performances, turd management, turd ownership.

They can all get in the bin.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 17 Feb 2022 06:37

CountryRoyal Just got in.

Totally pathetic performance. If we were a plucky promoted side against an established championship team and we got outplayed but came away with an undeserved point, you’d say yeah we’re going down but fair play it wasn’t that bad.

That was just completely abject. Second to every ball, displayed little to no quality and just second best all over the pitch all night - not good enough but hardly surprising is it. The conditions were awful which didn’t help, but come on - we were outfought and outworked, by a huge margin too. No one can really be arsed as no ones gonna be here next season.

I stayed afterward for a bit but left when it was mostly dissipating, didn’t realise there were people by the busses otherwise would have stayed - despite having to be up for work in like 6 hours. Well done to the fans, apart from the ones calling Hein a oxf*rd - completely undeserved. He’s a young lad and he’s hardly asked to be played has he? It’s not his fault we’re in this mess. Made some important saves today. Drinkwater can FOAD, no issues with that. Fair play to Yids for coming out at least and facing the fans, but at the end of the day if all you can muster is “we are trying”, it’s a bit of an embarrassing admission, and if it’s true just means you’re a bit shit. Has to be said I’ve never questioned Yiadom’s commitment, his ability is a different story though. Other players are just categorically not trying.about a Joao who lumbers nd sulks, Swift who jogs about doing f all, and let’s not talk about Drinkwater. Lazy waste man.

Paunovic is an utter coward and anyone who says they feel sorry for him is a poor judge of character. The bloke literally runs away from responsibility, he treats the fans like mugs and is an arrogant bastard who chats so much shit. “Oh I tried to resign but they won’t let me”. My dude this isn’t slave labour in the Middle East, Dai hasn’t got your passport locked away in a safe. If you want to go, just go. No one is stopping you. Taking away from the fact he is a beyond bafflingly atrocious manager, he is a giant pussy and a massive twat. Escaping in a car instead of taking the bus with YOUR team. Unbelievable. How can people sympathise with him or make excuses for him? Disgusting.

The club is an absolute shambles. Turd performances, turd management, turd ownership.

They can all get in the bin.

Even the Sky commentators picked up on his (Joao) lack of effort and enthusiasm. Thought Hein did well.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Feb 2022 07:13

Not too much to add really. Seen that performance all season - generally rubbish, couple of individual moments making us a couple of chances

No one played especially well, or stand out terrible tbh. Hein was ok, had a lot to do and did it reasonably well

I could definitely see a lot of ‘effort’ but it was all a bit frantic and directionless. I don’t think they aren’t trying, but it’s all a bit random and unfocused

Serious questions again about the desire of some to get back fit though - Dann, Ejaria, Laurent, Halilovic - nowhere to be seen. I’m far from convinced they’re all injured

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2022 07:28

Surprised to see people giving Hein a good write up. He dropped about 4 or 5 clangers that went unpunished.

Between that and the post against Bristol he's made as many potentially costly mistakes as Southwood has all season in 3 games. The difference being he got lucky because the opposition couldn't finish or Morro saved his blushes on the line.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 17 Feb 2022 08:03

That was the first game i’ve been to since the start of the pandemic. Drove across there from Norrers with teenage daughter. Glad I did.

I found parts of that game quite thrilling. My heart was in my mouth most of the time, particularly towards the end when Joao waltzed through and should have scored rather than pass it to the goalie.

I didn’t see any obvious lack of effort from the players. Have always taken the view that pro sportsmen and women when the chips are down have pride in their own performance and I saw that from our players last night.

What I also saw though was a team devoid of confidence, lacking width particularly on the left, with no discernible game plan. Hein played well I thought but the pre planned tactic to pump goal kicks towards Meite and hope he got his head on it should have been ditched when it was obvious the ball would sail out of play in the wind. Four times that happened in the first half I think.

Was very impressed by the turnout from Reading fans. That was the hardcore there last night, no doubt, and there was real passion shown.

I was at the edge of the main body of fans and the ‘Pauno out’ and ‘Not fit to wear the shirt’ chants did not go down well with people around me. Some were saying that should have been left to the end and better to get behind our players in a crucial game like that. I agree.

Can understand the people who are more emotionally invested in the team’s fortunes than I am these days getting angry and frustrated though.
Last edited by Norfolk Royal on 17 Feb 2022 08:20, edited 1 time in total.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 Feb 2022 08:11

Snowflake Royal Surprised to see people giving Hein a good write up. He dropped about 4 or 5 clangers that went unpunished.

Between that and the post against Bristol he's made as many potentially costly mistakes as Southwood has all season in 3 games. The difference being he got lucky because the opposition couldn't finish or Morro saved his blushes on the line.

I am coming in here to say, utter bollocks.

When you have an angst against a player you just do t let up. Like that school bully. Southwood dropped and off you squeal. Hein was excellent last night, in goal to co tribute for our first clean sheet in yonks. He was strong and made a number of class saves and attempted to clear and command his box. Save in first half was outstanding. Just give it up, for gods sake. Pathetic.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Feb 2022 08:13

Hound Not too much to add really. Seen that performance all season - generally rubbish, couple of individual moments making us a couple of chances

No one played especially well, or stand out terrible tbh. Hein was ok, had a lot to do and did it reasonably well

I could definitely see a lot of ‘effort’ but it was all a bit frantic and directionless. I don’t think they aren’t trying, but it’s all a bit random and unfocused

Serious questions again about the desire of some to get back fit though - Dann, Ejaria, Laurent, Halilovic - nowhere to be seen. I’m far from convinced they’re all injured

Someone suggested on twitter that Ovie is close to triggering an appearance clause, meaning we'd have to pay Liverpool some more money, which would make a lot of sense.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2022 08:13

paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal Surprised to see people giving Hein a good write up. He dropped about 4 or 5 clangers that went unpunished.

When you have an angst against a player you just do t let up. Like that school bully. Southwood dropped and off you squeal. Hein was excellent last night, in goal to co tribute for our first clean sheet in yonks. He was strong and made a number of class saves and attempted to clear and command his box. Save in first half was outstanding. Just give it up, for gods sake. Pathetic.

I have no problem with Hein, he's ok. Made some good saves. But if you think he didn’t drop 4 clangers and get lucky not to be punished you're blind Paul.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 Feb 2022 08:14

Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal

I have no problem with Hein, he's ok. Made some good saves. But if you think he didn’t drop 4 clangers and get lucky not to be punished you're blind Paul.

Four clangers? Give your head a wobble. Actually, just stop posting. Absolutely PATHETIC.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Feb 2022 08:15

Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal

Yeh this. Made a couple of good saves, but also had to be bailed out by two Morrison clearances off the line.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2022 08:20

paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal

Four clangers? Give your head a wobble. Actually, just stop posting. Absolutely PATHETIC.

Nice sig.

That clean sheet was mainly thanks to Morrison and Peterborough's finishing inadequacy. They could have comfortably had 4.

Flapped at a header across him, Morro saves his skin on the line.

Came miles out and passed straight to a Posh player in 10 yards of space leaving the goal gaping.

Did a superman impression on a cross he got nowhere near leaving the goal gaping.

I forget the other.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 17 Feb 2022 08:26

Can’t see where we are getting to get another five (ish) wins from

As has been discussed, just seeming apathy.

Lacklustre display its like everyone at the club is just going through the motions

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Feb 2022 08:40

Pepe the Horseman
Hound Not too much to add really. Seen that performance all season - generally rubbish, couple of individual moments making us a couple of chances

Someone suggested on twitter that Ovie is close to triggering an appearance clause, meaning we'd have to pay Liverpool some more money, which would make a lot of sense.

Think he has played 53 times for us since signing permanently. It’s possible but not obvious

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Feb 2022 08:50

Hound
Pepe the Horseman

Think he has played 53 times for us since signing permanently. It’s possible but not obvious

Yeh, can't imagine there's a "54 game" fee activation.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 17 Feb 2022 09:11

Couple more points. There was a lot of anger when Meite was replaced by Dele Bisharu I think, presumably on the basis that an attacker was taken off for a midfielder.

It was clear before that that Meite was out on his feet to be honest, he had given his all. There was a point in the first half as well when he went down under a heavy challenge taking a real whack. I feared for his ACL and it was the right decision at the time to take him off.

You could argue that he should have been replaced by an attacker but if Joao was staying on, which he did, then you put Clarke up there as well to tread on his toes? Options were very limited really.

Also, having read reports of discontent among the players towards the management team, I spent a bit of time trying to assess whether there were any visible signs of that during the game. I thought I detected one or two players looking quizically toward the bench at times, an almost imperceptible eyeroll maybe. Not enough evidence to say for sure and in the round probably not.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 Feb 2022 09:19

Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal I have no problem with Hein, he's ok. Made some good saves. But if you think he didn’t drop 4 clangers and get lucky not to be punished you're blind Paul.

Nice sig.

That clean sheet was mainly thanks to Morrison and Peterborough's finishing inadequacy. They could have comfortably had 4.

Flapped at a header across him, Morro saves his skin on the line.

Came miles out and passed straight to a Posh player in 10 yards of space leaving the goal gaping.

Did a superman impression on a cross he got nowhere near leaving the goal gaping.

I forget the other.

We could comfortably had 2 - whats your point?

Thats Morro's job to do that, and that he did. You are absolutely clutching at straws to assassinate someone as it does not fit your agenda. Its pathetic. Because of Hein we got a point. End of.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 17 Feb 2022 09:20

paultheroyal

You're wrong, paul. Hein is dogshit and has no right to be first choice goalkeeper. He didn't do well last night, the saves were fairly basic and were the types that had they led to goals, we would be blaming him.

The conditions were the leveller last night. A cool spring day and we would have won that, no doubt. Hein's distribution was poor in the wind and should have gone short, much like the outfield, instead we kept trying speculative diagonals to the wing backs bombing forward. Drinkwater was horrific, to echo many others, had he have been the player he used to be he could have controlled the midfield and we would have been able to work it into the box better.

Thought the unreserved seating worked better and was good to allow fans to bunch up/stand and generate a better atmosphere. Shame we weren't given the brand spanking one behind the goal though.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Feb 2022 09:23

Yeah Hein was probably the least of our issues last night. As I've said previously he and Southwood are essentially interchangeable as goalkeepers and our issues lay in who is playing in front of them. Sure Hein was shaky at times last night but he was definitely proactive in his approach, attacked crosses more than Southwood does but isn't anywhere near as good as Southwood with his feet. It is swings and roundabouts.