Euro 2020

231 posts
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Location: We should never ponder on our thoughts today cos they hold sway over time

Re: Euro 2020

by John Smith » 10 Mar 2020 13:57

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ Wonder if this will be affected by Coronavirus? Surely will be in some way at this rate with the number of foreign games being called off/behind closed doors

Everyone will have grown up by then.

If it does I feel it will be a blessing in disguise for England.

Should Kane and Rashford not be fit enough for the tournament, which four strikers travel?

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Mar 2020 13:59

John Smith
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ Wonder if this will be affected by Coronavirus? Surely will be in some way at this rate with the number of foreign games being called off/behind closed doors

Everyone will have grown up by then.

If it does I feel it will be a blessing in disguise for England.

Should Kane and Rashford not be fit enough for the tournament, which four strikers travel?

Calvert-Lewin
Abraham
Ings
Would ask Vardy to come out of retirement.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Location: We should never ponder on our thoughts today cos they hold sway over time

by John Smith » 10 Mar 2020 14:01

Old Man Andrews
John Smith If it does I feel it will be a blessing in disguise for England.

Calvert-Lewin
Abraham
Ings

Crikey. This now leads me to my next question (I think you probably know where this is going): should that be the case that we have to take those four, inevitably flop and not qualify from the group...does Southgate go?

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Mar 2020 14:03

John Smith
Old Man Andrews
John Smith If it does I feel it will be a blessing in disguise for England.

Calvert-Lewin
Abraham
Ings

Crikey. This now leads me to my next question (I think you probably know where this is going): should that be the case that we have to take those four, inevitably flop and not qualify from the group...does Southgate go?

Southgate goes if we are embarrassed in the group stages, yes. If we are unlucky and play well then I would like him to stay on purely because there are not any suitable replacements.

Hendo
Hob Nob Addict

by Hendo » 10 Mar 2020 14:11

Think Kane and Rashford will both be fit for the summer - heard both should be back by the end of the season.

Otherwise, I'd been looking to take

Calvert-Lewin
Abraham
Ings/Wilson

Don't think you need a 4th with the system England play as it can be supplemented with Sancho, Sterling, Hudson-Odoi and a couple of other young forward players.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZZZ » 10 Mar 2020 14:15

Hendo Think Kane and Rashford will both be fit for the summer - heard both should be back by the end of the season.

Calvert-Lewin
Abraham
Ings/Wilson

Don't think you need a 4th with the system England play as it can be supplemented with Sancho, Sterling, Hudson-Odoi and a couple of other young forward players.

Wonder if Bowen has a chance if he does well the last couple of months of the season?

Hendo
Hob Nob Addict

by Hendo » 10 Mar 2020 14:19

URZZZZ
Hendo Think Kane and Rashford will both be fit for the summer - heard both should be back by the end of the season.

Calvert-Lewin
Abraham
Ings/Wilson

Wonder if Bowen has a chance if he does well the last couple of months of the season?

I'd say he would have to have a stellar last couple of months and hope for an injury to one of the established players.

Not a bad shout for the Nations League games though if he keeps up his good form.

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Mar 2020 08:05

Would be calling up Antonio before Bowen personally, think he has had a great season in an underperforming team. Would be a really good, energetic sub for late on in games.

bcubed
Hob Nob Addict

by bcubed » 13 Mar 2020 10:59

Thinking about the Follow your Team tickets that have to be paid for up front there is a hell of a lot of money held by the organisers. In effect the seats have been sold 20 or so times over. So they hold all that money, probably into millions, from December 2019 until the games start.

And with a CV postponement they will hold it for a further year. Nice!

bcubed
Hob Nob Addict

by bcubed » 14 Mar 2020 19:15

bcubed Thinking about the Follow your Team tickets that have to be paid for up front there is a hell of a lot of money held by the organisers. In effect the seats have been sold 20 or so times over. So they hold all that money, probably into millions, from December 2019 until the games start.

Genuinely interested to hear other people's thoughts on this. Have I got this right or have I missed something?

Zip
Hob Nob Addict

by Zip » 14 Mar 2020 23:55

bcubed
bcubed Thinking about the Follow your Team tickets that have to be paid for up front there is a hell of a lot of money held by the organisers. In effect the seats have been sold 20 or so times over. So they hold all that money, probably into millions, from December 2019 until the games start.

Genuinely interested to hear other people's thoughts on this. Have I got this right or have I missed something?

I think you have this right. Plenty of bank interest being built up over a sustained period for the organisers.

231 posts